PDA

View Full Version : Laptop hard drive for g73jh

Thatwhale
02-02-2013, 03:11 PM
So uhm, lately my windows has been failing (I'm working on it, don't worry about that) and I wanted to see if it was a hardware problem, so I got my secondary hard drive (Secondary because it only has 250 gigs of memory and it's failing slowly (it's making clicking sounds o-o)) and put it in the second hard drive bay of my laptop. After this, I installed Ubuntu 11.4 onto it, and well... thats where I am now. I havn't had any crashing, so I'm assuming there is something wrong with my windows and NOT my hardware (which is good because it might mean I can save it without shipping it out again ^~^ yay) but again, I'm working on that issue myself and don't really need help on it.

Anyway, I was wondering, where can I get a good laptop hard drive? I would like it to be at least 500 gigs, but 350 or 400 could work too. I would install ubuntu onto it, so I could use Ubuntu as a backup in case my windows breaks again, or if I just wanted to use Ubuntu (especially since steam is now on Linux, if they get all of the games I play onto it, I'll switch over permanetly). I did search myself, but I'm not sure which one is good or not... and I figured you guys are really good with Computer stuff, so uhm... could you help me out? Thanks ^^;;.

Jporter396
02-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Got both of my hard drives off of ebay, Samsung SSD 128gb for $109, and a Samsung 1tb HDD for $99. Both were very good prices. I advise you to look into ebay as i have bought my replacement keyboard, both SSD and HDD, as well as my G73jh from there and all is well.

burn0u7
02-02-2013, 07:30 PM
be very careful with ebay. use paypal as your way of paying cause they are insured and is an extra level of protection in case you get a dud and they wont RMA what you bought. I'd only use actual businesses with a warranty / money back. if they are a good business they'd have no more than 10 bad marks on their history. just be very careful and read their entire post. test them how fast they respond to questions too. ask them a question see if they will replace the device / unit / hardware whatever you buy from them if it fails within its warranty period.

Zygomorphic
02-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Got both of my hard drives off of ebay, Samsung SSD 128gb for $109, and a Samsung 1tb HDD for $99. Both were very good prices. I advise you to look into ebay as i have bought my replacement keyboard, both SSD and HDD, as well as my G73jh from there and all is well.

That's about the price those things are new. Actually, they'd be about $20-30 more, but that's a good deal. I'd rather not risk eBay on something like that.