PDA

View Full Version : g73jh (best buy) dead video

85gslse
02-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Long story short, laptop had a large amount of gatorade spilled on it and wouldn't boot. Tore it down and discovered a fried chip on the mobo. Replaced the mobo and now it boots but i have no video (on screen or through either external adapters) it turns on hard drive makes sound keyboard lights up right away then goes off and after about 30 seconds both fans kick on full speed. No sound from speakers or beeps from the Mobo.
It now at least turns on so one problem solved. Before i drop another $250 does this sound like a for sure dead video card?

85gslse
02-02-2013, 03:54 PM
tried reset button and removing battery on mobo as well as holding power for 60 seconds. No luck
And for what its worth optical drive appears to be working and caps and num lock are responsive

Pitcher@asus
02-04-2013, 02:30 AM
laptop no any post now? if yes, i think you should send back RMA again.

metalmanic69
02-04-2013, 02:41 AM
i remember when i screwed my old Samsung laptop i had it in a bag with shampoo and it spilled inside the computer in the bag i opened it all
apart used alcohol and cotton swabs to clean as much as i could then it was fine minus the DVD drive it worked for like half a year until i got a screw stuck in the fan i opened it again and destroyed all the wires to led screen i wouldn't bother with it man it will forever be shorting on the board if there's residue from the Gatorade ,build a desktop and wrap a rain tarp around it .

xeromist
02-04-2013, 06:24 PM
It now at least turns on so one problem solved. Before i drop another $250 does this sound like a for sure dead video card?

It's possible but I'm guessing you used the same memory and CPU so there could be issues there too. Have you inspected the GPU to see if the liquid reached it as well?