PDA

View Full Version : G75VX having issues establishing 3D vision

solomantis
02-02-2013, 11:55 PM
I had to reinstall Windows 8 x64 (long since wiped the restore partition so restoring to factory settings isn't an option), checked the refresh which was sitting at 64hz by default right after the install.

I stuck in the driver CD that shipped with the notebook and let it do it's thing. Nvidia was installed, the control panel is there but the "stereoscopic 3D" tree isn't available. I checked the refresh again and it dropped to 60hz with the option to lower to 40hz.

I went to the Nvidia program folder and clicked on "nvstwiz" to get "panel not qualified for 3D vision".. I'm thinking it might be a display driver since it's listed as "generic PnP monitor" in the device manager, but I'm at a loss for where to find what I need since it wasn't on the disc or website.

I've updated the drivers from the Asus website to no avail. I managed to get my drivers up to 310.7

Coincidentally I didn't use 3D before I had to reinstall Windows so I'm not 100% it's even 3D-ready (as opposed to capable) but according to the Asus profile it is.

solomantis
02-03-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm an idiot that was dazzled by blurbs declaring it's 3D prowess, in reality the model I got (g75vx-qh72-cb) doesn't have the 3D panel so I'm SOL. I feel ****ing dumb.

Pitcher@asus
02-04-2013, 03:42 AM
ha.. it is ok, make sure your spec.