PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way for charging a G55VW battery?

AlexTheRepublican
02-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Hello, ROG members. I was always concerned about the way of charging my G55. What would be the best way to charge it and prelong the battery life the most? Like charge it until 100% and unplug it immediately or wait for one or more hours, or let it charging overnight? What is the best way, ROGers?

taz291819
02-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Today's batteries and chargers are pretty good. The charger uses capacitors to determine the charge, and will "trickle" charge when near full capacity.

I've always left my G53 and G55 plugged into a charger at all times. Never had an issue with the battery when I needed it.

Feud
02-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Pretty sure that much like my G75VW the G55VW doesn't charge when the battery is at 95% or higher to preserve the lifespan of it and bypasses the battery entirely. Basically, it doesn't matter whether or not the battery is plugged in or not... You could theoretically run it 24/7 plugged in and it wouldn't cause any degradation on the battery. Just let it be and use it as you normally would. Batteries have come a long way since the old days when they needed calibration and such.

Pitcher@asus
02-04-2013, 06:31 AM
battery is not charge when battery is at 95%, it is asus design. G serious laptop battery just like back up power, when you use battery only, the performance just half.

desolator4u
02-04-2013, 06:46 AM
battery is not charge when battery is at 95%, it is asus design. G serious laptop battery just like back up power, when you use battery only, the performance just half.

i love this dude's replies

AlexTheRepublican
02-04-2013, 07:29 AM
That's a great answer, thank you!

AlexTheRepublican
02-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Yeah, Mike! Thanks a lot for replying

AlexTheRepublican
02-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the provided info! :D

Tomislav
02-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Hello, ROG members. I was always concerned about the way of charging my G55. What would be the best way to charge it and prelong the battery life the most? Like charge it until 100% and unplug it immediately or wait for one or more hours, or let it charging overnight? What is the best way, ROGers?
every battery has a number of times that it can be recharged before it dies. so leave it outside if you are not using it. also I've read somewhere that is also good to keep your notebook charged all the time...but the first sounds more logical.