PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Battery G73JW

Homerjsimpso
02-04-2013, 03:15 AM
So, I've gone through 3 batteries in 3 years. First one lasted a long timm (OEM), and then I bought 2 chinese ones for like $60 a piece. Those laster 3-5 months. I need to buy a battery and have it delivered by this Thursday before I leave town. Does anyone have some advice on which batter to get...preferably one that won't die after 2-3 months. The $160 that ASUS wants isn't exactly enticing.

To answer questions that will come - I use the system all day every day, plugged in. Battery is NOT plugged in all day. I use the battery to move the system around, that's it. I try to get regular use on it daily so as not to wear the batter. Still not sure how to best use this. I'm using the system either at work or at home for 8-10 hours a day plugged in. Again, no batter during this time.

Help much appreciated.

Pitcher@asus
02-04-2013, 06:47 AM
what you need help? get new battery or want to know how to save battery life?

Homerjsimpso
02-04-2013, 12:38 PM
My questions are:

1- Which replacement battery should I buy?
2- What batter life do you get on you G73JW?
3- What is the life expectancy of a battery on the G73JW?

Thanks

kimiraikkonen
02-06-2013, 05:57 PM
I asked similar question regarding to my G53JW's replacement battery and found no answer as i've been told my notebook will be so old and i was advised to use it with AC if it's still booting with AC. Either no replacement or original battery for RoG notebooks seem to be available online.

Homerjsimpso
02-06-2013, 06:12 PM
There's so many listed on eBay but they all come fom Hong Kong, or if not, are likely made in China. I wouldn't have a problem with that however considering I've gone through 3 batteries already (1 oem and 2 China) I'd rather not have another one die on me that quickly.

As far as anyone can tell, is there any option between the made in Chind junk on eBay and authentic ASUS for ~$150?

Ive been using the laptop AC only with no battery for over 6 months but it's getting frustrating since even to move it from outlet to outlet, I have to hibernate or power down which isn't ideal.

Suggestions?

dstrakele
02-06-2013, 07:10 PM
I'd buy the ASUS OEM battery. Like you, I found out the Chinese knockoff batteries, while at a significant discount in price, also have a significantly shorter lifespan.

Pitcher@asus
02-08-2013, 03:27 AM
for my experence, if buy oem battery, sometime is bad quality, but sometime is good quality, the quality is not stable, but it si cheaper than factory.