PDA

View Full Version : Asus G55vw Subwoofer not working!

ShayDD
02-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Hello all,
I got the drivers that should make make the sound fixed, from the sticky thread above.
My Subwoofer doesn't even make a sound. When I test it on the VIA HD Audio Deck, it only shows on the sound settings that it works. but I don't hear any sound.

I just noticed after alot of time with this laptop, that my subwoofer doesn't work.
My sound is ok with this laptop (since its my first one) but I want it to be awsome like everyone here.
btw, if I put on th 48k in the samle rate with this thread settings *banned website*
I get really really bad sound. If I put the 192k sample rate, everything is fine.

Thanks in advance!

ShayDD
02-04-2013, 09:47 AM
anyone please..

sing_css
02-05-2013, 06:39 AM
Try to update your HD audio Deck

Pitcher@asus
02-05-2013, 07:22 AM
please reinstall complete audio driver than install newly driver from asus website, if can not help, you can search from ROG, i saw post before, it is sharing VIA audio driver by win 8.

ShayDD
07-08-2013, 09:15 PM
This problem still not solved since April.
I have now the 1200 sound drivers.
the bass test doesn't even work. but the speakers(left and right) does.
if someone had same problem or know how to fix it. please help.

Don't get me wrong this is an amazing laptop. but it is kinda sucks I can't hear the Subwoofer!
thanks in advance!

ShayDD
07-09-2013, 07:14 AM
anyone????

cl-Albert
07-09-2013, 05:56 PM
You've probably checked this already, but make sure your subwoofer volume is set correctly in the Via HD Audio Deck software as in the screenshot below.

I'm actually running the G75VW in Win7 with the *.10200 audio driver that came originally with the notebook, but I show the G55VW should be using the same audio chip and drivers.
The unit was recovered recently with the original factory image and the subwoofer can be heard in the sound test.

Good luck!

wantedzai
07-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Hmmm...how about my situation?

The subwoofer was okay after 4 month of using. Long story short, I tear down my G55 for repasting thermal and then the subwoofer wont work anymore. Then I checked again...i found this.

Like the pic above, the speaker had 2 connector like that. I think the 4 pin is the stereo and the 3 pin is the subwoofer. When I checked, the 3 pin already lost one of it's copper thinggy inside (the middle one). Do you think this is the cause of why my subwoofer is not working?

ShayDD
07-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Bass volume is at the top. still ain't working.
Never heard a sound from the bass.

Dreamonic
07-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Hmmm...how about my situation?

The subwoofer was okay after 4 month of using. Long story short, I tear down my G55 for repasting thermal and then the subwoofer wont work anymore. Then I checked again...i found this.

Like the pic above, the speaker had 2 connector like that. I think the 4 pin is the stereo and the 3 pin is the subwoofer. When I checked, the 3 pin already lost one of it's copper thinggy inside (the middle one). Do you think this is the cause of why my subwoofer is not working?

Since the G55 has all 3 speakers in a strip under the trim panel behind the screen, means there is 2 connections to be disconnected.

Chances are when you removed the subs plug you may not have been quite careful enough, possibly pulling too harshly and tightly, which may have stretched the insulator enough to pull the wire with it or made a break in the connection somewhere.

If you were careful in removing the plug, then perhaps when you pushed it back in during reassembly it didn't mate properly, being angled, or not in all the way. Examine the plugs, connections and wires (from end to end) and see if you find anything at fault.

The sub plug is supposed to have the middle pin missing (AFAIK) as it's not used, completely normal.

Bass volume is at the top. still ain't working.
Never heard a sound from the bass.

Since day one of having the G55 in your hands, have you ever noticed the subwoofer working? If you can't recall, chances are it may have been defective or perhaps not plugged in at all or not in all the way from the factory. It is easy to check as only several screws in-line on the bottom of the laptop where the speaker panel above rests, have to be removed for access to the speakers. Slowly raise the panel afterwards so as to not pull the wires out of their connectors to get access in removing them.

Having the sub not working at all despite your best efforts would tell me it's in the connection itself or subwoofer unit.

ShayDD
07-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Since the G55 has all 3 speakers in a strip under the trim panel behind the screen, means there is 2 connections to be disconnected.

Chances are when you removed the subs plug you may not have been quite careful enough, possibly pulling too harshly and tightly, which may have stretched the insulator enough to pull the wire with it or made a break in the connection somewhere.

If you were careful in removing the plug, then perhaps when you pushed it back in during reassembly it didn't mate properly, being angled, or not in all the way. Examine the plugs, connections and wires (from end to end) and see if you find anything at fault.

The sub plug is supposed to have the middle pin missing (AFAIK) as it's not used, completely normal.

Since day one of having the G55 in your hands, have you ever noticed the subwoofer working? If you can't recall, chances are it may have been defective or perhaps not plugged in at all or not in all the way from the factory. It is easy to check as only several screws in-line on the bottom of the laptop where the speaker panel above rests, have to be removed for access to the speakers. Slowly raise the panel afterwards so as to not pull the wires out of their connectors to get access in removing them.

Having the sub not working at all despite your best efforts would tell me it's in the connection itself or subwoofer unit.

First, thanks of the detailed reply!
Second, so you are suggesting me to open up the laptop and see if the bass is connected? I thought something like that might happen.
but I'm afraid of mess up things. is it easy to do?
When I'm testing the sound on the control. only the left and right speakers working. I never heard this awesome laptop with bass. and I'm sure its worth it...!

Dreamonic
07-15-2013, 09:42 AM
No problem.

Not all units are assembled equally, so it's very possible it might not have been fully seated in place. Since you hear no change in audio levels when adjusting the slider for the subwoofer or during the sound test and use of different drivers, then you can probably be certain it's either human assembly error or defective hardware.

To weigh both possibilities out, you would have to look at it yourself. It's pretty easy to check too.

You just need to remove several screws on the bottom of the laptop that are in-line with the top-side panel that's behind the screen, this is the speaker panel. From there you will slowly lift and tilt the speaker panel toward yourself to expose the 2 short length connector connections. Do not pull or raise the speaker panel OFF as you will pull the connecting wires with it.

The one closest to center of the panel is your sub, which will have 2-wires exiting the shell of its housing. Verify the end of it at the connector, that it is fully inserted inside its receiving terminal, either by disconnecting and reconnecting or by using your finger to push-feel it in any further. Then inspect the subs wiring for anything out of the ordinary like pinch marks, splits and or stretched ends. I want to say they are 28 gauge but don't quote me, either way be careful with handling them.

Once everything has been satisfactory, put your speaker panel and remaining screws back in place and test your sub again. If nothing changed, then you can either try sending in your G for a speaker replacement (if you are fixed on getting it working) or just leave it AS-IS. It doesn't sound very good with tinny bass anyway.

The way I see it, if you do go to certain measures to get your sub working, I guarantee that after you hear what has been missing, you'll just plug in your heatset anyway. We all do :)