PDA

View Full Version : PC Recovery

Alka
02-04-2013, 03:06 PM
I have a 3 days old G75VW-9Z230P and I am really in love with it, I m just a little confused about its recovery part is there any ways to make a recovery dvd???
P.S. I came to know about the recovery partition in it but how does it works and is the partition reserved and I however copy that somewhere??? Help me out guys I'll be really thankful :)

rewben
02-04-2013, 03:27 PM
hi Alka, welcome to the forum. by default, by pressing f9 during boot will call out the recovery process. but i hope you can wait for someone who has the similar system as yours to respond.

alternatively, you can still use windows 7 file recovery to create a system image, and use that as your recovery at later time.

Alka
02-04-2013, 03:51 PM
thanks man...just wanted to ask if I'll create a system image will it do any harm to the recovery partition???

xeromist
02-04-2013, 06:08 PM
thanks man...just wanted to ask if I'll create a system image will it do any harm to the recovery partition???

Nope.

If you do a full disk recovery from an alternate backup without the recovery partition or a full format/wipe then you could wipe it out but just creating an image or recovering only the system partition wouldn't hurt the recovery partition.

Pitcher@asus
02-05-2013, 02:00 AM
you can use 3th part utility to ghost all disk.

rewben
02-05-2013, 08:36 AM
@Alka, what @xeromist said.

srmojuze
02-05-2013, 08:53 AM
you can use 3th part utility to ghost all disk.

^^This ... It takes a short while to understand but use something like Macrium Reflect free to image the whole system (including recovery image etc).

For me I find "ghosting" is the best technique. In fact, I hope never to go back to "fresh install" because if need be I have older "ghost images" that I can use with enough loaded on but not too much if I want to "de-clutter" my notebook.

Alka
09-14-2013, 04:50 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate all you help :)