PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a G75

GhostJaw
02-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Hey all,
I've noticed my G75 is starting to get dirty and the cleaning cloth ASUS gave me isn't getting the job done. The Screen has water marks (like from sneezing) that won't come off with the cloth and the matte finish on the outside is getting all oily and smudgy. Does anyone know a good cleaner that won't damage the screen, I'm hesitant to try anything because i don't want to do permanent damage? I can live with the outside finish being smudged.. unless someone has a solution.

Thank for your help guys

xeromist
02-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Personally I find that a damp cloth(just water) will remove most spots from a screen. You don't want it soaking to where you'll get drips running behind the screen but just a bit of dampness is fine. If you are really worried you can unplug it and remove the battery while cleaning.

I'm not sure about the exterior but I'm guessing a small bit of mild hand soap would break up oils since it works on hands.

mrwolf
02-04-2013, 09:14 PM
For the screen i suggest u go buy a micro-fibre cloth.. To get water marks off the screen i jus use my breath and the microfibre cloth.. Seems todo the job :)