PDA

View Full Version : brand new g75vx loose screen frame

garrison72
02-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, Just wondering if any of you could help me.

I just bought a brand new Rog g75vx laptop and got my hands on it last week, as i was inspecting it i noticed when i closed the laptop lid, it made a 'Click' sound, and upon further inspection, I noticed the upper screen frame ( where the webcam is ) is loose, also the lower screen frame ( where the asus logo is) is loose as well, both sides of the screen is loose, but not as bad as the top and bottom ones.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Clintlgm
02-04-2013, 11:04 PM
You might want to return it to the vendor before you return time expires

garrison72
02-05-2013, 01:08 AM
Right, I am still waiting for a reply from the company that i bought the laptop from.
I did however tried to contact the asus helpline, they mentioned that i should contact the people i bought the laptop from, and if they are not willing to replace the product or will say that it will take months to find a replacement, i should call asus again and they will replace it, the rep that i spoke to gave a number (something like a replacement number or something), but when i called again, the rep (maybe a different rep) said that asus wont replace the product, but will only repair it.
So im kinda dissapointed, why are they telling me 2 different things. My g75vx has 24 months asus australian warranty btw.

Pitcher@asus
02-05-2013, 02:13 AM
i suggest you send back to asus service center, i think asus service center will help you to disassembly.

garrison72
02-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Alright, i might do just that. seeing that the place where i bought it from cant/wont replace it, so i suppose ill get it picked up and fixed by asus tech guys.

Thanks all for your inputs.

Alastor8472
02-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, Just wondering if any of you could help me.

I just bought a brand new Rog g75vx laptop and got my hands on it last week, as i was inspecting it i noticed when i closed the laptop lid, it made a 'Click' sound, and upon further inspection, I noticed the upper screen frame ( where the webcam is ) is loose, also the lower screen frame ( where the asus logo is) is loose as well, both sides of the screen is loose, but not as bad as the top and bottom ones.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Hi garrison72,

I have the same issues on my G75VX (from December). I only noticed it a few weeks ago that every time I opened it I could press at the screen bevel near the 3D sensor/camera to click it in place. Equally the bottom has space between the screen and the bevel. At first I thought this was just a "build quality issue" from ASUS.

I have been pondering about it lately, especially since I also got a "dust pixel" (gray and moves) on the screen (between the glass and LCD).

earled
02-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I just bought my g75 vx yesterday and noticed this too. The bottom of the case right above that asus logo was not snapped in place. I pushed it back into place and it snapped in. fine since

Smo\'
02-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Oh boy, oh boy. Bought the G75VX last week. Same frame issue. Sad to hear that. Need RMA, sadly.

farlock
02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
I noticed this the day I bought my G75VW - my seller told me this is how they are all made. It's not a defect or anything. He may have lied ofcoarse.

Smo\'
02-06-2013, 01:27 PM
I noticed this the day I bought my G75VW - my seller told me this is how they are all made. It's not a defect or anything. He may have lied ofcoarse.
Agreed, I made a little research, I talked with one of my friend. He got an older G74SX, and he said it is normal. The edge of the screen is full with LED emitters. The gap is there because the light needs to reach the actual display somehow.

Clintlgm
02-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Hmm, my G75 VW does not have this problem, I suspect that the VX uses the same case

Dreamonic
02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
I can't imagine why it wouldn't be the same, but given that the VX uses different brand of displays, fitment tolerances are probably further between the clips than VW models, which then make it more susceptible to separating during transport. Can't say it's a defect persay.. but it's definitely not normal.

grenierh2012
02-18-2013, 10:20 PM
I just got my G75VX and noticed this too
So i made some research and see that others have this issue
It is very frustrating. Now I have to decide if i will keep it or ask
for RMA and send back to sellers.

If the problem will get worst later i would have to pay

Now i do not know what to think about Asus

grenierh2012
02-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Ok, i have 3 Asus notebook here,
- one netbook eeepc
- one ultra UL30VT 13.3 inch
- one G75VX that cost me A LOT

I just decided too keep my G75VX despite to the bezel problem. You Asus, keep in mind that this may be my last notebook from you. I am not proud of my G75VX. I would say 10/10 for the base but screen bezel just break all the rest of it.

dstrakele
02-18-2013, 11:36 PM
I am not proud of my G75VX....I just hope that i will not lose control of my mind and destroy it with a chain saw.

NOTE TO SELF: Keep an eye on @grenierh. Don't turn your back on him....

garrison72
02-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Hello everyone, after 3 weeks of waiting and endless follow up calls, I've finally got a call from one of the Asus engineers, and this was his response: "the loose screen bezel is normal, I've seen this issue on other g75 laptops, I can try and fix it, but this is just normal, and it may
Become loose again" .
I was so upset when I heard this, I just feel like I got robbed. They kept my laptop for almost a month, and said basically that its not an issue!
And I've asked a friend who happens to own a g75, and his was fine! I am really dissapointed at this engineer's response, kinda ruined my
Day. So in the end, I just have to live with that annoying loose bezel, unless there's a way to fix it. I dont know what that engineer do to my
laptop, maybe glue it, or even a double tape? Any reccomendations?

Btw, the tape part, I am not joking, he actually mentioned it....

StreetGT
02-26-2013, 09:47 AM
they are pissing off for us, don't you see that?
They talk about ROG, for gaming, i don't see where is the game part when the laptop comes with issues, it's not 1 or 2,most of them have problems, using Chi Mei screens...
Even my Compaq CQ61 is better than G75 CHI MEI best screen of the world.
They don't answear us, they just ignore it and try to keep the money in their pocket, this is the truth.

Apexing
02-26-2013, 01:32 PM
they are pissing off for us, don't you see that?
They talk about ROG, for gaming, i don't see where is the game part when the laptop comes with issues, it's not 1 or 2,most of them have problems, using Chi Mei screens...
Even my Compaq CQ61 is better than G75 CHI MEI best screen of the world.
They don't answear us, they just ignore it and try to keep the money in their pocket, this is the truth.http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l378/Meo_Anderson/crying.gifhttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l378/Meo_Anderson/crying.gifhttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l378/Meo_Anderson/crying.gifhttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l378/Meo_Anderson/crying.gifhttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l378/Meo_Anderson/crying.gifhttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l378/Meo_Anderson/crying.gifhttp://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l378/Meo_Anderson/crying.gif

DRAKON
02-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Not that I want to defend ASUS ( I have my remarks toward them about the build quality and the support ) but I have seen worse - a lot worse :)

I have seen only one better build quality and support so far and it's from VAIO - but they are more expensive, a lot less powerful and definitely not gaming oriented. Do not get me wrong, you should insist on receiving what you pay for just do not think other companies are better - the main purpose of a company is profit. Everything including good customer service, quality products, etc. also follows that goal. Just different companies have different approach to it.

On topic - I have the loose frame problem only in the bottom middle where the ASUS logo is. I'm not quite sure but I will check if it's only my laptop or a general problem. In any case it doesn't really bother me, just a little bit disappoints me :)

jokkabanan
03-14-2013, 09:37 AM
I got an asus G53sx laptop. One day it had a thin vertical red line running down the screen, I guess it was dead pixels". Any way , I still had warranty left so I sent it to repair after talking to ASUS support. When it got back the screen had been replaced but the bezel , or the plastic frame was loose in the left corner. I clicked it into place but now it doesn't take much effort to pry it open and it feels like the gap between the bezel and the screen is bigger now, it makes a clicking sound when I push it.

It feels like a small problem but lets say that the bezel came loose during transport ..then It's probable that it will happen again.
Does anyone know what holds the bezel into place? Is it plastic clips or some kind om tape?

Looked like this: 18298

colpolite
03-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Asus messed up when they replaced the screen of the G75 default screen of Chi Mei N173HGE to AUO B173HW02. The black lvls and the contrast ratio is worst on the AUO screen on the G75VX and this probably has something to do with the loose screen frame also.

Chi Mei N173HGE on all G75VW
- 800:1 Contrast Ratio
- 0.3 cd/m Black Levels Value (lower the better)

AUO B173HW02 on the new G75VX
- 450:1 Contrast Ratio
- 0.6 cd/m (lower the better)

When I was comparing the G75VW and 75X side by side, the screen on the VW looks cleaner and shows truer black than the VX where it the blacks looks a lil greyish/bluish because of the downgrade of black lvls.

The moral of all this is that, don't change anything or fix anything if it's not broke. The upgrade to Kepler 670mx and Thunderbolt are good but why gimp the damn Screen Asus?!?!?! SMH TSK TSK TSK

PCAnyWhere
03-20-2013, 01:51 PM
I did experience this as well. it was the result of me pulling off the Ultimate Fighting Machine sticker on the top left corner. The strong glue pulled the bezel off for a couple of the pops. I just pushed it back in and all seems to be fine. I did a check around the entire bezel and non of the rest of it was loose. I would appear to me that it was very "loose" construction compared to my G75VW and G73jh.

Actually I found the bottom plastic material harder/thicker than my G75VW, not sure if thats just me. maybe the texture.

fidelity101
12-26-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure if anyone ever got a clear answer on this, but mine is the same way. The top center is very loose and the bottom (ASUS LOGO) is loose. I haven't had any screen issues to date, but it would be nice to somehow fix this.

On the top of the screen, I see a little peg to the left of the camera. To the right of the camera, just a hole where a small peg could go. I'm talking like a 1mm hole but I wonder if the screen case being loose has something to do with the missing plug?

Lionheart
02-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Has ANYONE solved this loose bezel problem (of the 75VX) at all?

I noticed my 75VX bezel started clicking around the camera when open/closing about a week ago, which was NOT present before. The bezel BECAME loose above and below the screen during normal use, so the argument that this is "normal" does not hold up. I still have approximately 2 months of warranty left...

So again, does someone know how to solve the problem OR has someone have had a positive experience with ASUS solving this issue?

What would people with the same experience suggest I do?

Thank you in advance for your response. Much obliged.

kimiraikkonen
12-08-2015, 06:19 PM
I have G53JW and the plastic frame (bezel) of LCD panel is loose, there's a slight gap and you can notice the LED lamps by looking from side-angle.

I suppose many (almost all) ROG notebooks have been made by this way, the only concern of me is that gap can let dust/dirt go into the panel, but it shouldn't between glass and panel!

What about yours?