PDA

View Full Version : After downgrade to win 7, Experience index decrease

Selou
02-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Hi,
After a hard work i finaly get windows 7 on my g75vx.
But before i downgrade it to win 7 i did make a win experience index on win 8.
the Subscores were :
Calculations Per Second : 7,8
Memory ... : 7,8
Desktop ... : 7,4
Gaming ... : 7,4
Disk data tranfere rate : 8,2

But now with windows 7 i have a experience index of :
Calculations Per Second : 7,6
Memory ... : 7,8
Desktop ... : 7,4
Gaming ... : 7,4
Disk data tranfere rate : 7,9

Can anyone tell me how to increase the score to factory default ?

i did install all of the drivers.
i formated the ssd and and deleted all volumes and combined it to one.
and i have windows 7 pro

Thanks for support

xeromist
02-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Other people have reported getting a different experience index with 7 vs 8. Seems to be normal. The index is only intended to be an easy metric for people buying software. If you're concerned about your performance then use more well rounded benchmarking tools.

Selou
02-05-2013, 12:12 AM
I just worried I did something wrong. i didnt use some benchmarking tool in win 8 so i can't compare with win 7.
can you suggest a benchmark tool ?
thank you for your answer.

SubmersedHollow
02-05-2013, 12:13 AM
dont worry it's becouse it has a different system of calculating and windows 8 uses more advanced sources. so win8 has a max up to 8.9 score and windows 7 has up to 7.9 score. it's completly normal... win8 has prepared for higher specifications for hardware that's why. IF U USED WIN 8 before right?

Selou
02-05-2013, 12:23 AM
My G75VX came with win 8. i deleted because i don't like the logic behinde win 8. i was useing win 8 on my old asus n61jq, i didn't like it and i think it decreses the perfomance. That's why my first thing was downgradeing to win 7. what would you suggest ? win 7 or win 8. i'm a little bit confused now. after you say that win 8 was prepared for higher specifications for hardware...

Zygomorphic
02-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Don't worry about it, the WEI is really meaningless. Actually, at one point in the Consumer Preview, I got a 8.4 RAM score. Normally a 7.2. The 7.9 is the maximum cap for Windows 7, so you can't get it higher than that. The WEI is grossly inaccurate, and sometimes changes scores with a driver change.

rewben
02-05-2013, 08:39 AM
@Selou, that's the right scores when our laptops run w7.