PDA

View Full Version : Same bad performance on battery and on plugged g75vw

SubmersedHollow
02-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Even after many tries of blaming the software
-Reinstaling windows 7
-upgrading to win 8 and downgrade again
-bios downgrading/upgrading
...later after giving up i asked my self what is my perfomance on batery? Then i tried a little test.
i rememberd threads on forum about low performance on battery right? then i tried:
1. i unpluged my g75vw then tried a games that i have been playing: dragon nest, wow, lol - all in performance mode
2. played for some time and noticed same frame drops as on pluged machine,

i dont know what could it be the problem hardware? power adapter (was blaming it for a while :D)? Maybe it's ram?

Specs:
g75vw
win 7
8gb ram
660m gtx - 310.90 nvidia driver

what should i do? :confused:

Fire
02-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Ensure you set your min. processor speed on battery for your current plant to 100% like the image below:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7399/power4gearhybrid.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/power4gearhybrid.png/)

xeromist
02-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Are these periodic down-spikes that bounce back or does it slow down and stay slow for a while?

smidge710
02-05-2013, 09:39 PM
@Fire, What version of power4gear is that? looks very different than mine..

SubmersedHollow
02-05-2013, 11:24 PM
these spikes bounces in games like wow... it could be latency issue or smth but still tried even the power option... maybe it's just a feeling that the option in power managment helped a bit.... and ye i already unparked cores. Still going to try to replace the power adapter... it's just making me mad with all the noise it's making when not in load.....

Are these periodic down-spikes that bounce back or does it slow down and stay slow for a while?

i had this problem "slow down and stay slow for a while" in windows 8 that why i went back to windows 7 by thinking it will fix my issues with games...

Dreamonic
02-05-2013, 11:31 PM
In NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings

Under Power Management Mode, change "Adaptive" to "Prefer maximum performance."

SubmersedHollow
02-05-2013, 11:32 PM
In NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings

Change "Adaptive" to "Prefer maximum performance" under Power Management Mode.

going to try this.... if this helps my issue iam going to buy u a beer! xD

Dreamonic
02-06-2013, 12:16 AM
If that doesn't work, we will do some troubleshooting.

You'll need to acquire or run some monitoring tools in the background while in a game. Use GPU-Z -> Sensors tab for monitoring your card. Then use CPUID Hardware Monitor for monitoring your "Powers" package loads. Then open the Task Manager -> Performance tab, for core usage. I would suggest to cluster these in a group so that they don't overlap each other making screenshots easier to take.

Now run whatever game you were running when you experienced these spikes. When you notice them in-game again, ALT + TAB out and view your monitors. Then take a screenshot (snipping tool if you have nothing else) and upload it here. This will show us exactly where this problem resides.

It's either CPU or GPU throttling that you are experiencing... so..

It's very possible that you may have a bad battery altogether. Run just the AC adapter with no battery in at all, see if it makes a difference. Bad batteries can cause your power brick to go wonky and produce similar results such as the ones you are experiencing. My power brick emits a faint high pitch frequency noise when there is no load (usually happens when my display shuts off.) This would indicate normal function of the AC Adapter because it's switching frequencies. If you notice it making these sounds but louder and when under full load, also is very hot to the touch, it is in need of replacement.

However, what I think you should do first is restore all your power profiles back to default.

Open CMD and type: powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
Then press Enter
Close CMD.

Now go back to power profiles and select Power4Gear High Performance (high performance if P4G is not installed) profile again if it is not already selected.

Try your games again following the same steps from the beginning of this post.

SubmersedHollow
02-06-2013, 10:56 AM
will post results here in about 7h (dont have time atm)

SubmersedHollow
02-06-2013, 07:05 PM
hope this will tell anything... played wow it's always on low frequency

Primeval
02-06-2013, 07:43 PM
That is

Power4Gear Hybrid Utility 1.1.50

You can get it from this guide, 2nd post (drivers):

*banned website*

There's a newer version which is available here (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P4GHybrid&p=3&os=30)

SubmersedHollow
02-06-2013, 07:52 PM
16841 problems like staying at low fps for some time then back to normal