PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade help!

D34DPoOL
07-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Hello!!!
I'm new to the R.O.G forums...so for first HI!!!!

Thanks to you people and your great suport i updated the Bios and VBios to kill GSOD.
And now i want to upgrade the memory and the HDD.
I have a G73jh RBBX05(best buy)
And i already have here 4x4gbs DIMMs Kingston DDR3 1333Mhz
I can instal these on my notebook?
And there is any way to instal other HDD?And what is the limit of space in the HDD that the system will reconize?

Thanks

irdmoose
07-11-2011, 12:15 AM
If they're full-size desktop DIMMS, no. If they're DDR3 SODIMMS, then yes. You will need to remove the original memory in the system, and one of the sticks (if I recall correctly) is under the keyboard.

As far as the hard drive, you can remove the bottom panel covering the drives and most of the memory. If one of the two slots is open, you can order a second drive cage for a new drive. The system will support any of the laptop drives out there. In fact if you want to give your system a heck of a shot in the arm in terms of performance, I'd recommend putting in a good quality SSD. Otherwise, any 2.5" laptop drive will work in the system. I really like the Western Digital Scorpio Black and the Scorpio Blue drives (personal preference of course).

irdmoose
07-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Almost forgot. BTOTech has posted an awesome teardown video for the G73JW and JH. It might also apply to the SW's, but I haven't had a chance to really look one over yet.

Click Here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp90M_N6dzs)