PDA

View Full Version : Exact model number of G46VW with 900p display?

boomandvibe
02-06-2013, 02:56 AM
We know they have been shipped out. What is the model name following the G46VW?

The original G46vw available only at us currently has model number of G46VW-BH????.

Pitcher@asus
02-06-2013, 03:10 AM
where will you buy? estore or locally store? you will do a little search. because i can not find in some estore.

Myk SilentShadow
02-06-2013, 03:40 AM
We know they have been shipped out. What is the model name following the G46VW?

The original G46vw available only at us currently has model number of G46VW-BH????.

Depends on who sells it, the extra letters after the main G46VW is what's known as the SKU, generally the first 2 letters are the identifier of who made it. BB for BestBuy etc...or im wrong lol

boomandvibe
02-06-2013, 04:00 AM
where will you buy? estore or locally store? you will do a little search. because i can not find in some estore.

Ive looked everywhere. Doesnt laptops get out of factory with model numbers on them?

As for SKU, or whatever you call it, i doubt it's the maker. It wouldnt explain how amazon, newegg and microcenter are selling the exact same models.

And best buy didnt make the first g46vw. It's also BH not BB. Please dont spread idiotic false facts.

Dreamonic
02-06-2013, 04:41 AM
The SKU is used for inventory purposes (inventory checks) not distribution tags. Example: Retail stores will order 100 or so units and then they go through their own unique identifier for the models they stock. There is model configuration from ASUS (which get ordered from stores) and the last 4 figures is a suffix added by each retailer, then there is retailers SKU's. Amazon, Newegg and Microcenter are all Resellers.... not Retailers... which is exactly why the suffix are the same ones you see in stores, online.

boomandvibe
02-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Thank you for the detailed info.

Now i would like to know what comes right after G46VW. G46VW-??

Dreamonic
02-06-2013, 05:12 AM
My guess is once the 1366x768 models are out of circulation (or few units left) the new 900p screen configurations will be ordered, but they haven't had any release date for it yet.

To answer the curious minds..

Regarding G46VW screen upgrade from HIDevolution:

"The upgrades are performed by us at our facility. We will help you get ANY part warranted should you decide to purchase from us. We do not expect you go elsewhere for service. With regards to the display, unfortunately the 1600x900 display will not be an option because it uses a different sized connector from the one Asus uses. We have removed this upgrade option from the configuration page. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Sounds like anywhere else you see them as an 'upgrade' option, means they were doing the same thing as of right now. Using replacement 900p screens instead of the 900p ones that come from ASUS.