PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Question on Wifi Adapter

jsteelm
02-06-2013, 03:24 PM
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Shawnnepc
02-06-2013, 03:37 PM
I truly despise this crappy AR9485 card in my G75vw. I prefer 5 GHz band A. Will swapping this out myself void my warranty? If so, why. This is a crap card in a good laptop. I don't want to pay somebody $50 for something I can do.

Since the Wi-fi card isn't in the user serviceable area, technically you will void the warranty.

Dreamonic
02-06-2013, 03:38 PM
I truly despise this crappy AR9485 card in my G75vw. I prefer 5 GHz band A. Will swapping this out myself void my warranty? If so, why. This is a crap card in a good laptop. I don't want to pay somebody $50 for something I can do.

We all do. I'd like to take it out in a field like that printer was in from "Office Space" and stomp the **** out of it. There.. that felt better.

In short, yes it will void warranty, but only because you are asking publicly. Understand? Some members here have done the swap already with the Intel 6300. Huge difference. The swap is very easy as you just need to open the KB tray up enough to access the WiFi card to replace.

But because this is publicly, I would say to buy a Wireless USB Adapter and to take a kick in your junk for trying to void warranty.

Pitcher@asus
02-07-2013, 03:34 AM
yep, it is lose warranty, asus are able to change RAM, HDD by user, but i saw the ROG member have a lot of member to change by themself.

rewben
02-07-2013, 04:28 AM
it's just a heads up: the warranty will be voided if you touched the non-user serviceable area of the laptop. however many of us can do upgrades ourselves.

the better option is to use an external usb wifi adapter.

Moradeth
02-07-2013, 05:27 PM
yep, it is lose warranty, asus are able to change RAM, HDD by user, but i saw the ROG member have a lot of member to change by themself.

Does that mean you can change the RAM under the keyboard and still be under warranty?

dstrakele
02-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Does that mean you can change the RAM under the keyboard and still be under warranty?

YOU can't without technically voiding the Warranty. An Authorized ASUS Reseller CAN....

Angellus
02-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Wait a minute, I can access the RAM and second SSD bay in my G75 without voiding the warranty right?????:confused:

Moradeth
02-07-2013, 07:18 PM
YOU can't without technically voiding the Warranty. An Authorized ASUS Reseller CAN....

Boo I was hoping that would be an official ok to do so :p

Wait a minute, I can access the RAM and second SSD bay in my G75 without voiding the warranty right?????:confused:

Yes that's in the user accessible section underneath the laptop, there are 2 RAM slots and both hard drive bays down there. There's another 2 RAM slots underneath your keyboard that you can't access without voiding your warranty.

Edit: Hmm... I'm guessing since other people are having problems with their wifi card, that's probably why mine seems to randomly cut out for a bit (30ish seconds) while my wife's connection is clean.

dstrakele
02-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Try UNinstalling your current Qualcomm Atheros WiFi driver from Control Panel, reboot into Windows Safe Mode and install Atheros WiFi driver version 10.0.0.217 by executing SETUP.EXE from the Atheros WiFi driver installation file set.

Pitcher@asus
02-08-2013, 02:51 AM
for memory, asus just agree user change RAM in bcak, if want to change RAM under KB, principle it is voiding warranty.
for wifi, please try to dstrakele way.