PDA

View Full Version : New owner of G75VW - can i get better performance? :-(

fragnot
02-06-2013, 05:59 PM
I just bought a Asus RoG G75VW laptop. Im pretty satisfied with it, generally. The looks, feel of it etc. However, im not totally satisfied with its gaming performance.

Its the G75VW with 16GB dual channel ram, GTX 660M etc.

Question is, is there any general tweaking i can do - for better performance in different games?

Ive tried Guild Wars 2. The ingame auto detect option only puts the graphics on Medium. Which does have decent looks etc, but i thought i could squeeze abit more power out of this laptop.

Ive also tried Diablo 3, just to check the performance. This is nearly all on high, except 1 or 2 options. Runs "ok", but not 110% smooth.

So again, is there any general tweaking i can do ?

PS. Ive done a clean fresh install of Windows 7 Pro, auto updated, and installed the newest laptop graphic driver.

Kawazu
02-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Well you could overclock the 660M a bit.
Download MSI afterburner and try it out.

Primeval
02-06-2013, 06:05 PM
You won't be able to run Guild Wars 2 100% smooth on max settings, but generally high-medium. This is normal, I play GW2 on my G46VW with the same graphic card as you. For maximum performance on your G75 just make sure its always on High Performance in power settings while you're playing, make sure its always plugged in to the a/c adapter and if anything you could always overclock but this will not increase performance a whole lot. Personally overclocking isn't worth the extra 4 or something FPS in most games, in my opinion. Just to be safe.

fragnot
02-06-2013, 06:15 PM
You won't be able to run Guild Wars 2 100% smooth on max settings, but generally high-medium. This is normal, I play GW2 on my G46VW with the same graphic card as you. For maximum performance on your G75 just make sure its always on High Performance in power settings while you're playing, make sure its always plugged in to the a/c adapter and if anything you could always overclock but this will not increase performance a whole lot. Personally overclocking isn't worth the extra 4 or something FPS in most games, in my opinion. Just to be safe.

Thanks for the reply. How do i check if its on High Performance all the time ?

smidge710
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
click the button next to the power button, it opens power4gear