PDA

View Full Version : G75 fan speed rpm?

adde9400
02-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Hey, just bought a g75m and i use HWinfo64 program to see the fan rpm of the g75. And the cpu and gpu goes beetween 2000-2600rpm, mostly the gpu is on 2600rpm. And i find this to be pretty high in idle?

Cus cpu is 2000rpm idle and gpu 2600rpm most of the times, can you guys download HWinfo64 and check sensors and see what your rpm is in idle?

Would be really great, thanks in advance.

adde9400
02-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Anyone have any input here?

Feud
02-08-2013, 06:35 PM
As long as its not loud (which it shouldn't be at 2600) it's fine. The fan obviously has a predefined maximum RPM it can run at and it adjusts based on temperatures.

adde9400
02-08-2013, 06:51 PM
As long as its not loud (which it shouldn't be at 2600) it's fine. The fan obviously has a predefined maximum RPM it can run at and it adjusts based on temperatures.

Well, i dont really know what goes under the category of "loud"... am used to a normal laptop browser laptop, and that one is almost unhearable.. but g75 you can hear pretty loud, or not loud but you hear it, but is it supposed to be so queit so you cant hear it?

And also, when am playing games the rpm goes up to like 2600-3000rpm. And when i quit the game it should go back to 2000rpm in idle, but the temperature on the gpu goes down slowly after quiting a game is that normal?

Conclusion: shud the g75 be heard, or is it meant to be completly free of sound? Cus i dont really know what type of sound level is normal for a gaming laptop.

Apexing
02-08-2013, 06:54 PM
pull out the powerplug,, see if it fans idle lower.
and yes its normal that temp goes down slower, would be even slower if you want it to instantly go to 2k rpm.

and yes it should be hear,d its not the fan that makes the sound its the air that resonates in the compartment, thats just how its designed

Feud
02-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Well, i dont really know what goes under the category of "loud"... am used to a normal laptop browser laptop, and that one is almost unhearable.. but g75 you can hear pretty loud, or not loud but you hear it, but is it supposed to be so queit so you cant hear it?

And also, when am playing games the rpm goes up to like 2600-3000rpm. And when i quit the game it should go back to 2000rpm in idle, but the temperature on the gpu goes down slowly after quiting a game is that normal?

Conclusion: shud the g75 be heard, or is it meant to be completly free of sound? Cus i dont really know what type of sound level is normal for a gaming laptop.

It's a gaming laptop.. so it's sort of expected that you'll hear it while gaming and even sometimes while just doing stuff other than gaming. You seem to be worrying about something that is completely automated and will control itself.

adde9400
02-08-2013, 07:09 PM
pull out the powerplug,, see if it fans idle lower.
and yes its normal that temp goes down slower, would be even slower if you want it to instantly go to 2k rpm.

and yes it should be hear,d its not the fan that makes the sound its the air that resonates in the compartment, thats just how its designed

What is the conclusion if the rpm goes down if i unplug it? I think it dosenīt, its pretty much the same sound, unplugged as plugged in.

It's a gaming laptop.. so it's sort of expected that you'll hear it while gaming and even sometimes while just doing stuff other than gaming. You seem to be worrying about something that is completely automated and will control itself.

Ye, i understand you. And yes i am very worried about that that almost all the time is completly normal, but i worry anyway...and its very irritating for me. But well atleast i know now it shouldent be so silent so you cant hear it.

Also am running windows 7 64 bit ultimate, if that changes everything?

Apexing
02-08-2013, 09:58 PM
reason I asked with the battery, is that the laptop down clock itself if its on battery.
so since it dont get any quieter, im guessing the noice you hear is from lowest rpm.

the os you run does not matter.
The thing is, many people have gotten used to laptop/notebooks that only turn on fans when at a special temp, this is not the case with this laptop. Just like it isnīt the case with desktop pc.

adde9400
02-08-2013, 10:46 PM
reason I asked with the battery, is that the laptop down clock itself if its on battery.
so since it dont get any quieter, im guessing the noice you hear is from lowest rpm.

the os you run does not matter.
The thing is, many people have gotten used to laptop/notebooks that only turn on fans when at a special temp, this is not the case with this laptop. Just like it isnīt the case with desktop pc.

Thanks for great response..

i dont worry about that anymore, my biggest concern now is the performance in bf3. I have to play everything on lowest possible settings except for resolution that is on 1080p. And when everything is set at lowest i get about 55-60fps. I find that pretty low, shudent i be able to get 50-60fps on high settings?

Apexing
02-09-2013, 05:46 AM
hm you should be able to run it higher than that, that is correct http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?16215-G75VW-Gaming-Performance&highlight=battlefield post one has some details of how settings could be, and most are high.
have you updated to newest driver from nvidia ?

adde9400
02-09-2013, 12:13 PM
hm you should be able to run it higher than that, that is correct http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?16215-G75VW-Gaming-Performance&highlight=battlefield post one has some details of how settings could be, and most are high.
have you updated to newest driver from nvidia ?

Hello, yes i have the latest beta drivers from nvidia. I just tryed bf3 again and i played everything on lowest possible, just resolution to 1080p and i had fps 50-60fps, barely 60. That feels very bad?

ZeroBarrier
02-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Hello, yes i have the latest beta drivers from nvidia. I just tryed bf3 again and i played everything on lowest possible, just resolution to 1080p and i had fps 50-60fps, barely 60. That feels very bad?

Are you playing with vsync turned on? If yes, you do realize that vsync limits your FPS to your monitor's refresh rate (60 Hz I'm guessing) to prevent tearing. Either turn vsync off or up the settings till you notice less than 50-60.

adde9400
02-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Are you playing with vsync turned on? If yes, you do realize that vsync limits your FPS to your monitor's refresh rate (60 Hz I'm guessing) to prevent tearing. Either turn vsync off or up the settings till you notice less than 50-60.

I play with Vsync off. But i think i fixed the problem... ive tryed bf3 with my 120hz 108p 23inch monitor external, and when i ran the game on that i had the fps i said before, and now i tryed without the external display and just played on laptop, and now i played on high settings and i had about 55-60fps.. is that normal fps?

Why cant i use an external display? :O

its only in bf3 i get lower fps with external display to, in mw3 i get the same fps with external monitor or just playing on laptop.

ZeroBarrier
02-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Do you have vsync turned off in the nVidia control panel?

adde9400
02-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Do you have vsync turned off in the nVidia control panel?

Itīs set to "use 3d application setting" on vsync.