Magic_Jaxxon
02-09-2013, 07:43 PM
i buyed this new Notebook from asus and Windows 8 was preinstaled
does someone knows if any Problems happens when install Windows 7
on G75VX - T4014H
will there be Problems getin Drivers for Windows 7

Clintlgm
02-09-2013, 07:45 PM
check out this thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes&country=&status=

Zygomorphic
02-10-2013, 02:22 AM
You shouldn't have any problems. The nVidia drivers you get from the nVidia website, and most of the rest should be found and install by Windows automatically. If you install Windows 7 and run into driver problems, I would ask then, and more people can provide specific advise on how to solve the problem.

Ristus
02-10-2013, 10:30 AM
wlan card drivers are problem huge one.

I have try all possible variations and have not yet find working drivers for card. Drivers that comes with laptop are for windows 8 and all others are working with windows 7 except these wlan drivers for 802.11ac card... but if you don't have that 802.11ac then you will find drivers...

Zygomorphic
02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Forgot about those, the WiFi card drivers can be a pain to get working. :( I have an Atheros card in my G53SX (802.11n) and it works great under Windows and LINUX.

Karrde
02-10-2013, 06:49 PM
The nVidia drivers you get from the nVidia website

Nope, if he has the G75VX (with GTX-670MX) he don't get the driver easily from the nVidia website, he get the driver from Asus G75VX Support page (the ASUS(-nvidia) Windows 8 driver work with Windows 7) or has to modify the driver .inf

For Atheros WLAN 802.11 b/g/n (not for the 802.11ac at some selected models) the Windows 7 wlan drivers from G75VW Support page can be used.

Zygomorphic
02-10-2013, 08:29 PM
@Karrde, thanks for the tip! :) I will definitely keep that in mind.

Tomislav
02-10-2013, 10:08 PM
question: what is the reason for your downgrade?

User_n
02-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Anyone having problems with wlan drivers for VX solution is on you CD that you have received with laptop. Necessary driver is in there and is the same as for win7 as is for win8.
Hope this helps!!!

Ristus
02-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Anyone having problems with wlan drivers for VX solution is on you CD that you have received with laptop. Necessary driver is in there and is the same as for win7 as is for win8.
Hope this helps!!!
Yes there is driver but it wont work.

i have try install it using pnputil and editing inf 802.11n cards working mine is 802.11ac but if you have same please tell me how to install it.

Individ
02-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Yes there is driver but it wont work.

i have try install it using pnputil and editing inf 802.11n cards working mine is 802.11ac but if you have same please tell me how to install it.

I think User_n was referring to the non-ac Atheros wifi card, for which I too was able to install a driver for it successfully in Windows 7. I hope you ac wifi owners can find a solution...

BuLaXa
02-12-2013, 07:22 PM
i buyed this new Notebook from asus and Windows 8 was preinstaled
does someone knows if any Problems happens when install Windows 7
on G75VX - T4014H
will there be Problems getin Drivers for Windows 7

If I were you, DON'T install windows 7. STICK WITH WINDOWS 8. At least for now.
I did that. My G75VX (model T4022P) came with Windows 8 and I installed Windows 7. After having some trouble, I finally managed to get through all the drivers. All works EXCEPT the WLAN driver and for some reason, the fn+f9 combo (enable/disable mousepad). This means, NO WI-FI, and you can't disable your mousepad when you're writing (a lot of times I accidentally click the palm of my hand, it's sooooo annoying). In fact, this already happened to me TWICE while writing this ****.
Granted, the VX comes from the factory with windows 8 and a lot of problems, but my suggestion is get used to windows 8 and try to solve those problems while sticking to windows 8.

question: what is the reason for your downgrade?

I don't know about his downgrade, but for me I didn't like win8 at all. From not having a start button (I know there's a workaround for that), to the Metro interface, to the multiple compatibility issues... and apart from the boot, which was faster, the overall system was slower than win7.
Plus, both my drives (the SSD and the HDD) came partitioned. Both of them were divided in two, which was ridiculous, and I hated it. Solved that problem when I downgraded as well.

Hope this helps!!!

Tried every driver on the CD, still can't get this to work. Have you downgraded from win8 to win7 and do you have your wlan working?
if you do, you're the only one, and there are A LOT of people in here that need your help!!!

aximander
02-16-2013, 08:10 PM
I had Win 8 on mine. Got an SSD drive and formated and installed Win 7 SP1 without a hitch. Formatted the drive that came in the computer afterwards.
I believe there was a setting to turn off that was for Win 8 in BIOS but I can't remember what it was right now.

I have had no problems since. F9 works and so does WiFi.

I didn't like Win 8 for the start menu/ Metro etc. Browsers were slower as well (unless in metro mode). Also the pain of moving Win 8 to after market SSD.
Tried 8 as factory for about 2 weeks and then 2 weeks with a start button tacted on and gadgets as well. Decided to go back to 7.

Win 8 is the new Vista/ Win ME.

Zygomorphic
02-17-2013, 02:44 AM
I had Win 8 on mine. Got an SSD drive and formated and installed Win 7 SP1 without a hitch. Formatted the drive that came in the computer afterwards.
I believe there was a setting to turn off that was for Win 8 in BIOS but I can't remember what it was right now.

I have had no problems since. F9 works and so does WiFi.

I didn't like Win 8 for the start menu/ Metro etc. Browsers were slower as well (unless in metro mode). Also the pain of moving Win 8 to after market SSD.
Tried 8 as factory for about 2 weeks and then 2 weeks with a start button tacted on and gadgets as well. Decided to go back to 7.

Win 8 is the new Vista/ Win ME.

That's kind of what I found. Win 7 worked really, really well. Microsoft did a great job on it, and then they proceeded to blow it. We shall see how much longer it is before users start switching en masse to LINUX. The LINUX community for the most part realizes that the desktop metaphor is really, really good, and doesn't need re-invention as much as careful tweaking. That's why I like the LINUX community, so many options as well as a community of people who use their computers for real work.

User_n
02-17-2013, 03:31 AM
@ Ristus
@ BuLaXa
Yes I have downgraded my win8 to win7...
I am sorry for delay. I do not know if this got to with the order I was installing... and actually I did not bother if it is N or AC since installation went very smooth.
I did it exactly like this:
First I have installed all the drivers for M/B,chipset, then I have installed the network controller thing, after which I have installed WLAN driver, I found two drivers on CD I used the atheros ones i have gone even deeper in folders finding x64 drivers.
All the drivers I have installed are from CD that I got except for the graphics and USB 3.0. I am currently usin 310.90 using mod inf from lv2go...
As a matter a fact, although I was struggling to install UEFI Win7 with my original win7 x64 first 3 times I still got to install the wlan each time and even with some drivers that I picked up from internet randomly, I google it and first driver that came I downloaded and managed to install it even with that.... rest two times i ralized I can use original cd that came with lap for this matter....
4th time I have installed Win7 I have used a P-A. version :eek: with SP1 and updates until January 2013 due to UEFI and GPT issues, and actually wlan driver was installed by default and was working...never touched anything... I was surprised also to see it... anyway will post you my screenshot later on and give all the details on my driver and card... cheers
due to the fact so many people having this problem I was expecting the same and was quite surprised to got everything working instantly....

EDIT: my WLAN card is of "n" type...
@ BuXaLa: I see you are having "n" type as well
@ Ristus: Not sure that it is going to workfor you tho... sorry mate!!
Drivers I found on internet are WLAN ATHEROS WIN7 9.2.0.470. with this drivers I managed to install without problems
please see attached screenshots from my dev manager and how far i scrolled to get to wlan drivers from asus CD
hope this helps!!!

BuLaXa
02-18-2013, 02:04 AM
EDIT: my WLAN card is of "n" type...
@ BuXaLa: I see you are having "n" type as well
@ Ristus: Not sure that it is going to workfor you tho... sorry mate!!
Drivers I found on internet are WLAN ATHEROS WIN7 9.2.0.470. with this drivers I managed to install without problems
please see attached screenshots from my dev manager and how far i scrolled to get to wlan drivers from asus CD
hope this helps!!!

I think I found my problem. In the specs of my model, all over online, it says that my WLAN card is 802.11b/g/n, but in the box of my laptop it says that it is 802.11ac. So, I believe that the information written on the box is the most reliable one, therefore I have the same WLAN card as @ristus... :/ but thank you for your help anyway, @user_n!! Much appreciated.
I guess we'll just have to keep waiting for an official solution...

rewben
02-18-2013, 10:14 AM
@BuLaXa, i think you missed @demoadds' previous post. there MIGHT be a solution to your wifi issue (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?25726-Downgrading-from-windows-8-to-7&p=225205&viewfull=1#post225205). please report back if that solved your wifi problem.

BuLaXa
02-28-2013, 01:26 PM
SOLVED

Network adapter Problem:

a HUGE THANKS to @rledge21 for finding the right driver.
Here is the link for the driver that did the trick for me:

http://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC66/#support_Download_30

In case anyone is wondering, I Downgraded from Windows 8 to Win7, had this problem for months. Finally solved it. HELLO, WI-FI! :D

as an asian woman driver would say: "good luck, everyone else!!"