PDA

View Full Version : G75V strange noise than crash

albin.jordan
02-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Hi!
I bought a new Asus g75v laptop about a month. It works very good, only have one problem. Sometimes he starts making strange sound inside (like dial up connection) and than everything crashes, so I have to turn it off by helding turn off button. Than it works fine again.
What could that be?

Thank you for your answers

gokica
02-11-2013, 08:56 AM
This is unusual. If this is a problem from the beginning than you should address the vendor with the issue.

If it started happening recently you can try and de-install some new software that may be causing problems or even try to do a clean install of your laptop.

dstrakele
02-11-2013, 03:55 PM
What Antivirus are you currently running on your G75? McAfee has been reported to cause system lockups where audio stuttering precedes the crash.

albin.jordan
02-13-2013, 06:06 PM
I only have AVG, deleted McAfee when I got the computer. I noticed that the problem starts while watching YouTube. If I'm not on YouTube everything works fine if I go to it the problem starts.

dstrakele
02-13-2013, 07:17 PM
1) What version of Flash Player are you currently running?

2) If you right-click on the YouTube video and select "Settings", then select the Display icon on the far left and UNcheck the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" checkbox, does it resolve the lockup?

albin.jordan
03-03-2013, 10:52 PM
I tried it but it isn't helping. here at this link you can downloade video to hear the problem: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nrlku4

dstrakele
03-04-2013, 01:28 AM
Does this Microsoft Fix It Solution help?

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/video_freezes_or_crashes/en-us

You may need to choose the appropriate language on the web page.

PhatJhn
03-04-2013, 05:12 AM
If I could make a suggestion.

Get yourself a good anti-virus program and run it on your system. Sounds like you might have picked up a virus or some type of spyware. Also check what programs is running when you bring up the task manager. See if anything looks like it should not be there.....

Good Luck......