PDA

View Full Version : No Digital-In (For Console Rec.)? ; Stereo-Mix (EQ & DSP Stuff) for Digital Out?

Kenion
02-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Dear RoG Community!

I consider buying the Xonar Pheobus to replace my old X-Fi Titanium sound card.
Basically I've got two questions:

Is there an option for "Stereo Mix" like on the X-Fi cards, so that any audio-processor enhancements like Equalizer, Virtual Surround and any other software "effects" also have an impact on the sound of the "Digital-Out"?

I would like to connect my Xonar Essence One to the Xonar Phoebus via Toslink, so I can benefit from the Equalizer and any other effects from the DSP of the Xonar Phoebus (just like I could on the X-Fi).

Is there any possibility to connect my console to the Xonar Phoebus (directly or indirectly)? Is there any "Digital-Input" on the Xonar Phoebus?

Just like on my X-Fi, I was able to connect my Playstation 3 via Toslink to the Digital-Input of the soundcard. That enables me to listen to my Playstation 3 and PC simultaneously through the Digital-Out (my headphones on the E1) and Line-Out of my sound card (speakers).

Thank you for your time!
Any help is much appreciated!

Kenion

Brandhor
02-11-2013, 07:24 PM
I don't know if there is any way to connect a console with multichannel audio to the soundcard, I would be interested as well, what I do right now is connect a simple stereo cable in the tv headphone plug and in the phoebus line in

Kenion
02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
I don't know if there is any way to connect a console with multichannel audio to the soundcard, I would be interested as well, what I do right now is connect a simple stereo cable in the tv headphone plug and in the phoebus line in

Well, thats not ideal but still a worth doing workaround.
Thanks a lot Brandhor!

AVtemp
02-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Creative is more flexible in term of connections.
You can connect PS3 by analog only.
There is an almost 1 second latency before you can hear "line in" sound. Creative almost has no latency.
Xonar Essence One is a way better than Phoebus.
All that DSP is a marketing crap.
EQ is in Dolby Home Theatre only.
You can`t use Dolby and Virtual Surround simultaneously.

ASUS do nothing to fix bugs in driver.
You will not get any improvements over your setup.