PDA

View Full Version : G73 SW 3D screen brightness?

Eriksson
07-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Hello everyone!

I`m new to this forum and i am planning on getting a Asus G73 SW with the 3D screen / functionality.

I have searched both the web and this forum, but could not find any info on the brightness values of the matte display in the 3D version of G73 SW. I know that the G74 SX 3D version has a display that have very high maximum brightness, but i am leaning towards the G73 because of the high noise levels of the G74.

Any owners that can tell if the maximum brightness of the 3d version of G73 is higher than the version without?

If possible please post some data on the subject!

Thanks =)

/ Eriksson
Sweden

dkillone
07-12-2011, 12:07 AM
The 3d panel used in th G74 is the same as the G73 3d matte panel, so should have same brightness levels. The non 3d panels are going to be dimmer in both G74 and G73s.

Eriksson
07-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Ok, im still confused because i got an answer from a retailer today and she said that there is no difference in the displays between 3d an non 3d on the asus g73sw.

could be lack of knowledge but also i found this info another swedish retaliers page: http://www.multitronic.se/?prod=G73SW-91055V

says "glare type" witch means non matte i presume?

Chastity@ASUS
07-13-2011, 03:23 AM
glare type = glossy

The 3D panels are matte panels and operate at 120Hz, so no, they are not the same. :) The retailer is clueless.

Eriksson
07-13-2011, 10:59 AM
ok, sounds logic since the 3d technology need higher brightness. Still.. all the swedish retailers that i have found that has the 3d model have the info on their pages that it is a glare screen. got some new answers today from another retailer that said this is the info asus has given them so thats why they think its a glare screen..

so confusing, is asus shipping out 3d models with glossy screens and low maximum brightness, seems like a real ripoff to get one and barely see whats going on when you put the glasses on...