PDA

View Full Version : G75VW right fan loud?

nameless_
02-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Hey, I bought my G75VW a few months ago but for the past few weeks the right side fan has been rather loud. I can hear it when the computer is idle and it's a bit warm too (this doesn't happen on the left side). I already tried cleaning the fans and when I took it back to the store I bought it from, they said nothing was wrong with it :eek:

My computer is usually 40-50 degrees Celsius on idle. Just wondering if it's suppose to be like this? The sound is kinda irritating when I'm working and not gaming.

SubmersedHollow
02-12-2013, 09:18 AM
It's normal becouse of the CPU turbo boost. i manualy change the power managment from "high performance" to "quite office" in Power4Gear settings. i set the quiet office to maximum performance stance to 15% and minimum to 0. everything i do "browsing watching movies and so on" the fan is quiet. only if u read the "files of movie" from the HDD then u can hear the spinning of disk. if u got an SDD then it's quiet as a mouse. :) i hope this helped.
Still the most anyoing thing "that is loud" is the PSU that i hate xD that's all. (the high pitch sound)

OlMightyG
02-12-2013, 09:42 AM
The G75VX has got another PSU! And it is silent compared to the G75VW PSU.
It is one with the ASUS Logo on it. And it is a bit smaller than the other one.
(I can hear that high pitch noises too, so I know what you are talking about.)

SubmersedHollow
02-12-2013, 09:51 AM
The G75VX has got another PSU! And it is silent compared to the G75VW PSU.
It is one with the ASUS Logo on it. And it is a bit smaller than the other one.
(I can hear that high pitch noises too, so I know what you are talking about.)
IS g75vx PSU compatible with g75vw? if so i will go and try to replace it...

nameless_
02-12-2013, 11:04 PM
I did set my laptop to quiet office mode but it didn't seem to do anything, but still Thanks for the help guys =)

SubmersedHollow
02-13-2013, 12:18 AM
I did set my laptop to quiet office mode but it didn't seem to do anything, but still Thanks for the help guys =) did u change the maximum power state of procesor to 15% and minumum to 0%? you can do even lower if u want tho

nameless_
02-13-2013, 07:39 AM
did u change the maximum power state of procesor to 15% and minumum to 0%? you can do even lower if u want thoyeah I did.

here's video to show what it sounds like at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBZKfgSTPWc&feature=youtu.be

just wondering if my laptop is ok since alot of people post that their G75s fans are all quiet...

OlMightyG
02-13-2013, 03:39 PM
IS g75vx PSU compatible with g75vw? if so i will go and try to replace it...

I would say yes. But i did not try.
A G73 PSU works great on a G75VW (besides). The data on the label differ a little bit, but the G75VW with the 660M runs stable even while playint with the PSU from the G73.

smidge710
02-14-2013, 04:24 AM
Is that power4gear open in your video? Mine looks nothing like that, maybe i have an older version... it only has two settings, performance and battery saver...