PDA

View Full Version : G46 Recovery

devildog125
02-13-2013, 09:25 PM
I just bought a G46 (I love it), and I have a question about the recovery partition? I have had multiple gaming computers and have been able to recover them all very easily with no problems. My main problem is that with this G46 is that there is a hidden recovery partition on the harddrive but how exactly do I access it? I know with my older ASUS computers that all I had to do was press F9 right after BIOS to get into recovery. Now with this one, if I hit F9 like I'm supposed to, it crashes and gives me the error "0x000225". What exactly is this error and how do I get access to this hidden partition? I have looked at the ASUS support site and there is no recovery software for the G46 like there is for the G55 and G75.

xeromist
02-13-2013, 09:34 PM
That's...not normal. Sounds like a corrupted recovery partition? You may be able to do a boot sector repair on that but I'd be concerned about why it had a problem in the first place. It might be a sign that the storage device has issues. Looking at your other posts, are you booting off of a cloned drive? Because it seems the clone may not have been perfect. Either that or your drive may be corrupting sectors which is baaad for a young drive.

devildog125
02-13-2013, 10:01 PM
IT is a cloned drive but even on the original drive it is the same way so maybe it was original corrupted partition in the first place? I have done every thing possible to try to fix it and have no idea. It drives me crazy so I kept the original drive free and clear just in case something happens I have a hard copy to put back into the computer. What would be good third party (free) for making a recovery backup partition?

xeromist
02-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Not sure about free. Acronis is a popular choice but it costs money.

devildog125
02-14-2013, 01:26 AM
I'll have to look into that...thanks for the info.

dclanz
02-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Hmm, that is a tricky one however to access the recovery option on the G46VW (in Windows 8), go to Settings, Change PC Settings, General, (Scroll Down & Select either) Refresh Your PC Without Affecting Your Files or Remove Everything & Reinstall Windows.