PDA

View Full Version : I need Help!! i have an ASUS G75VW-BHI7N07 (from best buy) drivers and updates etc.

DX6Or
02-14-2013, 03:19 AM
I recently shelled out almost 1500 for this beast of a laptop, and I am very happy with it.... except for a few flaws.

When I try to go to asus to get drivers and search for my model, it doesn't exist. then when I have asus.com auto-detect my G75VW-BHI7N07, it sends me to a page that has drivers for the G7VW (the one that is like mine but not exactly the same.)

The audio is a little cooky and it seems like some power settings that I change don't seem to stay put when I restart my computer... Can someone lead me in the right direction? I have registered my G75VW-BHI7N07 at ASUS.com and I want to try to get some of my bugs fixed and find the correct drivers for this specific laptop

my system specs:

Model Number: G75VW-BHI7N07

8GB or ddr3 ram,
GTX660m 2GB
1 Tb 5200 RPM HDD
Core i7 3630QM
17.3 FHD (LED)

Chino
02-14-2013, 03:34 AM
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forums, DX60r.

The main model is the G75VW. But there are different variants of it depending on region or technical specifications. But you can use the drivers from the G75VW page. You'll have to fine tune your settings in the VIA utility to get the audio the way you want it. As for the power settings are you changing them via Windows or via the Asus Power 4 Gear utility?

DX6Or
02-14-2013, 03:47 AM
thanks for the welcoming gesture!i tried changing them first inside windows UI, to no avail... then realized that Power4Gear might be resetting everything.... then I tried to change the settings inside Power4gear and that didn't seem to work either.... I ended up uninstalling Power4Gear because I have allways used the Windows power management UI and don't like having a completely different third party program to help me use the settings I already am fond of in windows.

also I forgot to mention in the OP that sometimes, when I shut down, it starts to do so, but starts to hang at a blank black screen and the the backlit keys stay lit and the harddrive just idles and moves only a little bit sometimes...

in reply to the drivers on ASUS' page, I tried upgrading the VIA audio drivers and software, and it wouldn't let me because of some HD audio component was not found

rewben
02-14-2013, 08:14 PM
hi @DX60r, the drivers can be found at http://rog.asus.com/notebook/17-inch/g75vw/ (select windows 8 64bit)

for the via audio, you can try to uninstall the existing via driver and reboot; then goto your "c:\program files" and "c:\program files (x86)" and delete all via-related folders; reinstall the new driver, and reboot twice.