PDA

View Full Version : G75V Screen Flickering (While unplugged)

itgamer
02-14-2013, 03:02 PM
I recently purchased a G75V laptop and it is a phenomenal piece of machinery while it is plugged in. I have had an issue where the screen flickers while it is unplugged (since I took it out of the boxs this issue has been ongoing). It happens while I am doing anything on the computer (unplugged), example; suffering the web, switching from win7 to win8 environments, while in my settings, basically anything where there is lighting change. It is not a connectivity issue since everything works perfectly fine while plugged in to the power.This has made me believe that there is a power fluctuation and a faulty battery which can't suport the laptops power needs for over 2200$ this issue needs to be resolved. I updated my video card drivers in hope that the issue would be resolved. It did not fix the issue. The flickering is extremely annoying and I am glad that I do not suffer from seizures. If anyone could possibly help me it would be great, I honestly do not want to turn in a machine I received 2 days ago for it to be returned to me unfixed (from what I hear it is an ongoing issue). Please excuse if the tone of this message is rude or offensive I am just extremely upset.:mad:

dstrakele
02-14-2013, 03:24 PM
If I were in your situation, I'd load up HWINFO64 and check the battery to see how it compares. Post a screenshot so other G75 owners can comment.

Confirm the battery connections are clean and that the battery is held firmly in the bay. If it moves around, try shimming it and see if it changes behavior.

Where did you purchase your laptop? Can you go to the retailer and see if they will let you test with a display model's battery?

BatteriesPlus stores will test your laptop battery for free. Just heard them announce that on a TV commercial. It's probably a good idea. You don't want your laptop going
"Boeing 787 Dreamliner" on you....

In the worst case scenario, you should ask for an exchange from your retailer, rather than RMA to ASUS for Warranty repair.

itgamer
02-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Here are the stats for my computer battery at the moment. Currently there is no flashing and I am unplugged but i did let the laptop fully charge this time.

http://s1320.beta.photobucket.com/user/Gabriel_Jovellar/media/Info_zpse0abdf0a.png.html

http://s1320.beta.photobucket.com/user/Gabriel_Jovellar/media/Untitledinfo_zps8175f6d6.png.html?sort=3&o=0