PDA

View Full Version : G55 returns after BIOS brick

ggBanks
02-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, what can I say...
My laptop got bricked 3 weeks ago, because of the 217 BIOS version update. I live in Denmark, and I had to send it all the way to Stockholm Sweden for repair. I don't know how it happened, but apparently the mobo was fried, because of the BIOS update!
Today I received my laptop and I just wanted to express my gratitude to the "competent" employees of the ASUS support!

Apparently when they fix something, they tend to f*ck up something else...
Just no comment...

dstrakele
02-14-2013, 04:34 PM
That's known as a #5 (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1800-power-connector-pin-broke-on-my-G53jw&p=216679&viewfull=1#post216679). Sorry to hear about it.

I think Repair Centers that don't have SP1 Programmers or personnel who can solder a new chip to a M/B, just replace the whole thing (using a sledgehammer in your case).

rewben
02-14-2013, 04:35 PM
.. that's brutal :/

really, is that much force really necessary to put back the parts?

gokica
02-14-2013, 04:40 PM
I am sorry to see this. What ASUS could do in return is to send you new heatsink and cover the expenses for shipping at least.

ggBanks
02-14-2013, 04:52 PM
I am sory but I cannot afford to wait 3 more weeks. I guess I will just have to live with it.

scarletvw
02-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Damn, looks like the tech used a screw driver when they were pulling out (or in your case, prying out) the motherboard!

Dreamonic
02-14-2013, 07:33 PM
I would say that looks like finger marking damage if I ever seen one. He lifted the heat sink up not anticipating the tape over the fins from the fan and that pivots the fin area with applied force he was using to raise the GPU heat sink pipe and plate off the Mobo. Resulting in damage as seen in the picture above. If you make a 3 finger CLAW, starting from the thumb to the flipper, the index finger is what made the indentation.

Total negligence! However, the fins ARE very soft and can easily warp if too much downward force is used against them. Still...

I couldn't ever ship something like that back to a customer if I DID mistakenly wreck a piece... ****ing people...