PDA

View Full Version : Drive bay size in G75 ?

dkolacz
02-15-2013, 02:35 AM
Want to add a 2nd drive. Will the G75 accept anything larger than 9.5mm drives?

rewben
02-15-2013, 07:38 AM
personally i don't think it's possible; if it's too think, the stock hdd caddy cannot be secured.

Dreamonic
02-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Another option,

You could always order a 12.7mm HDD Caddy and then buy a 12.5mm HDD for that if you must go bigger than 9.5mm. Otherwise just buy another 9.5mm to fit into the 2nd bay.

dkolacz
02-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Dreamonic, so are you confirming it will accept a 12.5 drive?

GottiBoi55
02-16-2013, 02:00 AM

Only a 9.5 drive will fit my friend!
The drive bays are way too tight for a 12.5 drive.

Dreamonic
02-16-2013, 02:40 AM

Only a 9.5 drive will fit my friend!
The drive bays are way too tight for a 12.5 drive.

I never said 12.5 would fit in the drive bays.. I said if you buy a 12.7 caddy, a 12.5 drive will work. I don't understand how my previous post could be misconstrued that badly, as I suggested an alternative...

Unless maybe you didn't know what a "12.7" Caddy meant.. that's fine.

They don't make a 12.7mm Hard Drive; 12.7mm (if you see that number = slim disc drive) always refers to the Optical Drive. This is what a 12.7 Caddy replaces so your 12.5 HDD can fit -> alternative.

Otherwise (if you don't like this option) just buy another 9.5mm HDD to fit into the 2nd drive bay.

GottiBoi55
02-16-2013, 03:30 AM
I never said 12.5 would fit in the drive bays.. I said if you buy a 12.7 caddy, a 12.5 drive will work. I don't understand how my previous post could be misconstrued that badly, as I suggested an alternative...

Maybe you didn't know what a 12.7 Caddy meant.. that's fine.

They don't make a 12.7mm Hard Drive; 12.7mm (if you see that number = slim disc drive) always refers to the Optical Drive. This is what a 12.7 Caddy replaces so your 12.5 HDD can fit -> alternative.

Otherwise (if you don't like this option) just buy another 9.5mm HDD to fit into the 2nd drive bay.

Dude, why are you getting so bent?
The way you suggested the for him to get a "12.7 caddy" leads one to think that it's a possibility for the 2nd drive bay.
You didn't make it clear in your statement anywhere about ODD bay alternative!

BTW I know what a "12.7 caddy " is >>>SATA caddy12.7mm Universal DVDROM (http://www.amazon.com/SATA-caddy-12-7mm-Universal-DVD-ROM/dp/B0056EW4A4)

So just chill, I was just trying to clear things up there my friend!

Dreamonic
02-16-2013, 03:51 AM
Dude, why are you getting so bent?
The way you suggested the for him to get a "12.7 caddy" leads one to think that it's a possibility for the 2nd drive bay.
you didn't make in your statement clear anywhere about ODD bay alternative!

So just chill, I was just trying to clear things up there my friend!

I'm not bent at all. I feel you interpreted my replied post as an attack towards you, shame on you. I felt I had to elaborate on what I said because I did see how it could have been interpreted that way. That's why if you continued reading on in my second post, I stated what it meant.

Now if I didn't care to reply back, it makes me look like I haven't a clue what I'm talking about in my first post, as if I was giving misinformation. I'm pretty sure that it would bother you too if it happened to yourself. So that's why I had to reply like I did. Understand?

If someone were to Google "12.7 HDD Caddy" .. you would clearly see what that is. It's no different than if you were to say "ODD bay alternative," he may not know what that is either.

GottiBoi55
02-16-2013, 04:00 AM
Dude I didn't think that what so ever, but maybe don't you think (because of number of posts) he new here?
there's no need to make people feel ignorant with your comments!

Dreamonic
02-16-2013, 04:09 AM
Dude I didn't think that what so ever, but maybe don't you think (because of number of posts) he new here?
there's no need to make people feel ignorant with your comments!

Yes, I did see that but don't you think it's better to talk to people like they aren't unknowledgeable first?
I don't know if he knows or if he doesn't. You replied to him before I could about it all. That's what it was.

However, I raised another option for him.

Mind your #7 post edit on: "BTW I know what a "12.7 caddy " is >>>SATA caddy12.7mm Universal DVDROM (http://www.amazon.com/SATA-caddy-12-7mm-Universal-DVD-ROM/dp/B0056EW4A4)" I'm aware that you know based on what you said prior to the edit.

This isn't just for you to read only as I'm sure you know. I wrote what I did so other people who may not know, NOW know. Just like your edit confirms to people that you know what it is.

You are taking everything like I haven't a right to be here. Most of my posts are well thought out. I don't post for the sake of demeaning someones character, I post to inform or confirm.

GottiBoi55
02-16-2013, 04:27 AM
Well things are all clear now my friend!
People come here for help because there not "clear" about what they are trying to accomplish.
All we can do is try to offer some help for there issue, for what it's worth.

All is good my friend, no worries!!

Dreamonic
02-16-2013, 04:52 AM
That's all it was ever meant to be.

Alright.

dkolacz
02-17-2013, 12:19 AM
whoa....sorry to kick the hornets nest!

thanks for all the info...from what I digested from both of your posts...I can put a larger hard drive if I want to lose the DVD drive, otherwise only 9MM drives in the hard drive bays