PDA

View Full Version : ROG button on G75VX

Alfiere Bianco
02-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Hi guys, i've just bought a new G75VX (the configuration is the CV006H, the highest here in italy i guess). I'm wondering what the rog button near the on/off does. I pressed several times and in many situations (games, fils, surfing the net) but nothing hapens (oh well, nothing i can understand cause maybe i'm wrong).

Thx for the support and your patience ^^

Dreamonic
02-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Hey Alfiere Bianco, Welcome to the ROG Community!

The ROG button acts as a toggle switch, but it needs supporting software to function.

When the ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid utility is installed, it will switch between power profiles on the fly each time the ROG button or Fn+Spacebar is pressed. The modes you get are: High Performance, Entertainment, Battery Saving, Quiet Office.

You can download ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps/P4GHybrid/Power4Gear_Hybrid_Win7_64_Z1150.zip

I think it also works with the ASUS Splendid utility as well, but I'm not sure since I didn't care to use it enough because I found the color profiles to be quite awful. You can judge them for yourself. If you do decide to not install P4G Hybrid, but install ASUS Splendid instead, I think the ROG button or Fn+C can activate the different color profiles.

You can download ASUS Splendid here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Apps/Splendid/Splendid_G75VW_Win7_64_Z1030002.zip

I also think if you have both utilities installed, the ROG button switches P4G Hybrid profiles instead, while Fn+C is only able to bring up ASUS Splendid color profile selections, but I am not entirely sure here.

For 3D models, I think the ROG button can enable or disable 3D functionality, but I'm not entirely sure on this one either.

Someone else will have to chime in and confirm these.

Alfiere Bianco
02-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Thx for the quick answer and all the details ^^ I'll make some tests!

Zygomorphic
02-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Power profiles are switched using the button with a speedometer on it. The one with the ROG logo does 3D vision (if laptop has it) or ASUS splendid (fiddles monitor gamma ramps, saturation, etc).

gokica
02-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Yes on my VX it helps to toggle the different power modes. It is not 3D though.

Alfiere Bianco
02-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Thanks to everyone!

kptcan
03-21-2014, 02:34 AM
I have the 3D model and it swich on/off the 3D function for sure.