PDA

View Full Version : Does GX mode even work?

Softcorebro
02-17-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm just wondering why ASUS advertises the GX mode "feature" when I have yet to find a game that actually works well with it. It didnt work with my D2X and it still doesnt work with the phoebus, so why not just drop it? I've tried it on numerous games :thief series, splinter cell chaos theory/pandora tomorrow/original, the witcher, max payne 1/2, and stalker.

Has anyone ever gotten it to work?

chilinmichael
02-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Yes, on my Xonar DX with the older firmware that made games such as Saint's Row The Third crash up. Once I updated the firmware, it never went to 5-channel only 2, then people claimed "that's how EAX worked", no, it's not. I haven't gotten it to work since...it's so old and dated it's the least of anyone's concerns to make work imo.

Glasofruix
02-18-2013, 08:50 PM
It works only with older eax titles, like Bioshock or F.E.A.R. which means it's going to crash every incompatible game out there (Saint's Row is not an eax title).

chilinmichael
02-19-2013, 02:23 AM
I'm aware Saint's Row is not. What I was saying was that, the older firmware that had GX ability crashed Saint's Row (even if it was off). Once I updated to the newer firmware for my DX card, GX seemingly stopped working in older titles.

dan.ivan
02-20-2013, 08:34 AM
I've tested only one game with EAX just to see if GX works. It is about Prince of Persia the 2 thrones. With GX off I was unable to change EAX setting in game but after I've turn on GX the EAX turns on; I have no issues during the gaming. I guess this means that it is working?

HEMAH
02-23-2013, 11:17 AM
My favourite game ever STALKER has the option in it (the Call of Prypiat at least does (don't remember about the previous ones) I don't have it installed right now (ssd upgrade) just on steam. But I don't know if it works. Although if any one tests it, please tell me (: It's my fav game of all time would like to know. I would test but I don't trust my ears with that.. Cause last time I couldn't tell exactly if yes or no lol
I remember reading stuff when I was trying to find out, that it was an integrated feature (cause its in the options) not available basicly if I recall right.