PDA

View Full Version : Help me properly overclock my Asus G55vw

Vicodin
02-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Hello,
I am looking for some information on overclocking my Asus G55vw. The specs of the laptop are tagged below. What I am looking to accomplish is an increase in FPS while gaming. I don't want to push this thing to far, but I know it can be pushed further than the stock ratings. My temps always stay right around 45 c, so I have plenty of room to work with. This is the information I am looking for.

1. What is the best overclocking software to go with that does it all. (Power adjustments, CPU, GPU, RAM, etc)
2. What numbers am I looking for on the CPU, GPU, RAM? What is a safe number to set them at?
3. How high should I let the temps go on the CPU and GPU to play it safe?

I have never overclocked before, and I really don't know what I am doing. I just want an easy to use program, and someone who has done it to tell me what to set the specs at safely. I don't want to push this thing to the edge. I just want to safely speed things up. So for example, if 1 is stock and 100 is the max this thing can do, I would like to stay at 80 to play it safe.

Vicodin
02-22-2013, 06:32 AM
No help for a nooby?

scarletvw
02-22-2013, 03:06 PM
A laptop is not the place to start learing how to overclock.

dparish2
02-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Leave the CPU alone.

For the GPU, I believe your graphics card is a 660 right? Follow this http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?16367-Overclocking-gtx-660m&country=&status=

srmojuze
02-24-2013, 04:49 PM
CPU on recent BIOS on G55 I can push to around 3.25ghz over 3.2ghz stock. GPU I can push +300mhz core and +500mhz mem (1200mhz core, 3000mhz mem). Brings the 660M to ~almost~ around 670M performance levels. Big difference in Dead Space 3, Crysis 3 and Hawken so far where I've tried it.

Overall I'm still very impressed with the overclocking on this laptop. Very impressed.

I'm using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility for CPU overclock and NVInspector (p state method thingy) for GPU overclock.

Keep in mind you definitely need ambient (room) temperatures of max 22degC. Any higher and I notice you'll lose ~some~ stability.

relandwong
03-31-2013, 01:09 PM
CPU on recent BIOS on G55 I can push to around 3.25ghz over 3.2ghz stock. GPU I can push +300mhz core and +500mhz mem (1200mhz core, 3000mhz mem). Brings the 660M to ~almost~ around 670M performance levels. Big difference in Dead Space 3, Crysis 3 and Hawken so far where I've tried it.

Overall I'm still very impressed with the overclocking on this laptop. Very impressed.

I'm using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility for CPU overclock and NVInspector (p state method thingy) for GPU overclock.

Keep in mind you definitely need ambient (room) temperatures of max 22degC. Any higher and I notice you'll lose ~some~ stability. Hi, my name is Reland. I would like to know how you overclock your gtx660 with +300mhz core? I can only overclock it up to 135mhz..