PDA

View Full Version : Avast security causes Gaming issues.

Andili
02-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Hi guys,

I recently installed Avast Security and since then my G75 has serious gaming performance issues.
Lagging, freezing etc.
Has anybody else here experienced similar issues when using Avast?

Cheers

Andy

scarletvw
02-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Did you try disabling or uninstalling avast?

Andili
02-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi scarletvw,

I disabled but not uninstalled it yet.
do you think i am experiencing these issues because of Avast?

mrwolf
02-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Hmm, i doubt it is avast causing it.. I have had avast free internet security on my G75 since the day i got it lol and have Avast on all my other systems at home.. Never experienced any issues with that whilst gaming or anything else.. You could always try restoring back to a point where u were not experiencing these issues..?

Andili, you still macking out planetside 2 ? :p

Andili
02-18-2013, 05:30 PM
hİ mrwolf,

Planetside 2 is exactly where i have the issues in gameplay.
It is lagging and sometimes freezes for a few milli seconds.
what do you suggest i should do?

cheers Andy

mrwolf
02-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Hmm, thats pretty strange.. Well i know that the recent ps2 update did fix things aswel as bring some problems lol.. they seem to have fixed the stuttering so i dunno..

When did this lagging/freezing start to happen?? Recently or has it always been like this? Best thing is to nail down what possibly could have caused it..

Also have u unparked cores and overclocked ?

If u have, then i highly highly suggest u have a look at my PS2 post in the pc gaming section. I have updated it with some BIGG changes. Would reccomend you read through it here, ( Everything i have updated is highlighted in RED ) I have also added how to enable the GPU accelerated PhysX ! looks amazing but has quite a huge performance hit and is still WIP i believe lol..

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27496-Planetside-2-Optimization-Guide&country=&status=

My game runs amazingly smooth now with cores unparked and GPU OC'd to 750/1700. All graphics are ULTRA ! except for shadows :D its looks **** insane now and the lowest frames i ever get in the worst of situations is like 25-27.. Average fps is about 35-40 :)
I suggest u literally copy my settings and paste it into your useroptions.ini, rendering section....

Andili
02-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Hmm it pretty much started almost the same day when i installed the Avast.
maybe it was the same day when Ps2 updated the game.

No i never overclocked the system.

How can i copy your settings.

Ah i just remembered, i installed Nvidia experience the same day when i installed Avast.

Cheers Andy

mrwolf
02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Ah there u go ! What the hell is Nvidia experience lol :p i bet you that is causes the issues..

Well bro, if u are a hardcore ps2 guy like me, it is in your best interest to unpark cores and learn how to safely overclock your system.. It will boost your fps and performance big time !!

If you wanna use my settings just open up the main Planetside 2 root directory.. Make a backup copy of the useroptions.ini file somewhere..

Then open up your main useroptions.ini file with notepad. (so rightclick - open with - notepad)

Once you got it open where it says [Rendering] you just delete everything and put my settings instead:

[Rendering]
GraphicsQuality=5
TextureQuality=0
TerrainLOD=5
ShadowQuality=2
RenderDistance=9999.000000
Gamma=0.000000
MaximumFPS=120
UseLod0a=0
VSync=0
OverallQuality=-1
LightingQuality=5
FogShadowsEnable=0
EffectsQuality=5
TerrainQuality=5
FloraQuality=5
ModelQuality=5
AOQuality=5
AmbientOcclusionQuality=5
EffectsLOD=5
ParticleLOD=5
MotionBlur=1
VerticalFOV=74
AO=1
ForceGpuPhysics=0
GpuPhysics=0

Try that and when in game adjust rendering quality between 90-100 to suit your preference.. 90 for better performance and 100 for quaility.. Either way, looks great and runs great for me.. There is no way possible to make the game look any more amazing :D unless you supersample which is wayy to much lol

Let me know how it goes..

Andili
02-18-2013, 05:56 PM
thanks a lot bro,

I will try it and get back to you, i am just playing.

just awesome this game really !

Andy

mrwolf
02-18-2013, 06:43 PM
By the way dont forget to use my Nvidia control panel settings too.. that will give u 5 fps boost and reduce input lag ALOT ! so its alot easier to play and track targets..