PDA

View Full Version : Is is possible to customize keyboard functionality? prim. arrowkeys G75VW PLEASE HELP

Runaway510
02-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Hello, I am new to the rog community (about 10 min. in,lol) anyway,

I have been looking all over trying to find drivers or maybe if there is a utility in which I can choose which program is opened by use of fn + (down arow) it always opens windows media center in which I have no use. I was hoping to be able to assign it to my media player that being media monkey or win amp or anything besides widows media center for that matter, hah. I am running the stock windows 7 it came with (will wipe once I have the funds for an ssd).

Other theb that I am loving my purchase I scoured many a search engine and forum before making my choice and a good amount of sway torwards the g75 was the simple face that it was linked to this community which definitely shows promising technical support on top of asus themselves.

Thanks for any support,
Ryan

dstrakele
02-18-2013, 11:25 PM
As I understand it, you can use a key remapper utility to remap any of the keys that are not utilized by the ASUS ATK Package drivers, which control the Function Key combinations. Those keys will not appear as changeable in the remapper utility.

Unfortunately, this means you cannot remap Fn+Down Arrow. However, you CAN create other key combinations to launch Media Monkey and Winamp.

Pitcher@asus
02-19-2013, 05:31 AM
i never try this, i think maybe be have some tool can be doing, but i always use ASUS ATK.

Runaway510
02-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the replies but that's my point exactly how do I access the Asus atk utility?

dstrakele
02-19-2013, 12:49 PM
The ASUS ATK Package is not a utility. It is a set of device drivers that control the Function Keys. It is not configurable.

Runaway510
02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Oh, I see...well I sound like an idiot. Damn that sucks I can't configure it though. Thanks for the info.

dstrakele
02-19-2013, 04:44 PM
You asked a reasonable question that has been asked by other users in the past. Drivers can be made to be configurable, but ASUS would have to add that functionality.