PDA

View Full Version : G74SX-A1 not starting up.

Protosouls
02-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Hello, today I tried to power on my laptop and I got to the windows 8 logo and it looked really bad and had lines all in it and then it does appeared to a black screen now I can't get it to go past the Asus screen and it also looks bad and goes really fast. The only thing I can think of is that my ssd died. But I just got it in November, but recently I have been seeing it change from being in the red super full to being blue again like the capacity was changing I was not installing and uninstalling any programs. It is a 128gb ssd and it was reading 75.4 GB... it has my os on it.

Any help would be great, Thanks.

System specs - i7 16gb ram a 128gb OCS vertex 4 ssd and A 750gb hdd

Protosouls
02-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Awesome... so I hooked it up via HDMI and it works fine... does this mean my display has died....?

Protosouls
02-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Well I fixed my own problem hit the back of the display and it came back on... weird....

dstrakele
02-18-2013, 11:00 PM
It could indicate a poorly-connected or defective LVDS cable or defective laptop display. Personally, I suspect the LVDS cable. Does the video change when you wiggle the laptop lid?

EDIT: From your previous post, it looks like it does...

Pitcher@asus
02-19-2013, 02:45 AM
if you want send back to asus service center to check, if you don't care HDMI is working fine, you just connect to other monitor.