PDA

View Full Version : Wifi Connectivity Problems - Please Help.

parikksit
02-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi guys,

I've been searching around a lot but I couldn't find any help. Here's my problem:

My Wi-Fi doesn't connect when I start my computer. I usually keep it on standby/hibernate mode. Almost every time I resume my computer from sleep/hibernate, I have to go to the 'Network and sharing options', then disable Wifi and enable it again... and then it automatically connects. In doing so, many a times, the 'Wireless Connection 2' sometimes doesn't show up. Then I have to repeat the disable/enable the basic 'Wireless Connection' several times (sometimes 4~5 times), that's when both of them show up and are enabled, after which the connection gets established.

I have all the features like 'Power saver mode', etc. switched off that might cause this problem. I also tried re-installing the drivers. Nothing works. I'm just fed up with this heavy junk of computing monster that cannot connect to the internet. This happens for every wireless network, not just my home network.

I have the Atheros wifi card. Please let me know if I need to post any more information about it all.

Thank you very much for reading my post.
-P

rewben
02-19-2013, 02:57 PM
@parikksit, try do this (just double check if you have done that):

1. in the device manager, double click on atheros wifi, and in the power management tab, uncheck the 'allow computer to disable device to save power' option;
2. switch your power plan to high performance;
3. in the new power plan, check and make sure the wifi adapter settings -> power saving mode are both maximum performance.

finalhour
02-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Hi guys,

I've been searching around a lot but I couldn't find any help. Here's my problem:

My Wi-Fi doesn't connect when I start my computer. I usually keep it on standby/hibernate mode. Almost every time I resume my computer from sleep/hibernate, I have to go to the 'Network and sharing options', then disable Wifi and enable it again... and then it automatically connects. In doing so, many a times, the 'Wireless Connection 2' sometimes doesn't show up. Then I have to repeat the disable/enable the basic 'Wireless Connection' several times (sometimes 4~5 times), that's when both of them show up and are enabled, after which the connection gets established.

I have all the features like 'Power saver mode', etc. switched off that might cause this problem. I also tried re-installing the drivers. Nothing works. I'm just fed up with this heavy junk of computing monster that cannot connect to the internet. This happens for every wireless network, not just my home network.

I have the Atheros wifi card. Please let me know if I need to post any more information about it all.

Thank you very much for reading my post.
-P

If rewben's suggestion doesn't fix it, let us know what version of the Atheros driver you're running. I had trouble too until recently when I switched to a different driver version.

parikksit
02-19-2013, 09:31 PM
@rewben, it is all the way you said. I had to make no changes. I have already tried it.

Here are the details of my Atheros Wireless Network Adapter:
Name: Atheros AR9485WB-EG
Driver Version: 9.2.0.469
Driver Provider: Atheros Communications Inc.

rewben
02-20-2013, 03:12 AM
@parikksit, you can download and try this driver (http://www.sendspace.com/file/t6pdpd); please report.

Pitcher@asus
02-20-2013, 03:33 AM
what is laptop model? the wifi card is internal or external? if internal, did you try install driver from asus website? if external, did you try install wifi card to other computer, is it same problrm?

parikksit
02-20-2013, 04:10 AM
@Rewben, I have now installed the driver u suggested. I'll check how it works and report back. I think I had installed it before. However, lets try it again.

@Mike_Lu@ASUS, I have an Asus G55VW running a Win 7 64 bit. I have an internal WiFi card. I did try installing drivers from Asus website. Now I am trying the one given by rewben.

rewben
02-20-2013, 05:34 AM
@parikksit, ok; recheck the settings to make sure those power saving settings do not interfere with the new driver.

parikksit
02-21-2013, 03:10 AM
Nope, nothing you guys suggested so far is working. I have the same problem yet.

One more thing I noticed after installing the new driver. After I connect to the wifi (after disabling and enabling wireless network adapter OR normally) it takes a little while before I connect to the internet. It never used to happen before. I'm just... confused, don't know whats going on.

I'm planning to buy a new wireless adapter from Dell or something. I guess asus failed in making a wireless adapter (its qualcomm's though). Or maybe use a dell's adapter. My friend has a broken laptop of which I can try n use the wifi card.

Please suggest more solutions, I appreciate all help!. :-)

Regards,
-P

C. Martins
02-21-2013, 03:19 AM
Do one thing at issue is their hibernation. You do not need it and makes the computer very slow ...
It may be that so he also keeps your internet connection always connects the ...
On the right side where you have your battery once it clicks the left mouse button, then click "more power options" after a page opens and you go "schemes hide additional" clicks and high performance. And so your pc screen turns off and so but still hibernates and everything working right ...

rewben
02-21-2013, 05:39 AM
what if you tried to delete an recreate the wireless profile? for w8 you might wanna use the command line (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/manage-wireless-network-profiles).