PDA

View Full Version : G46 Left CTRL button not working

Primeval
02-20-2013, 03:24 AM
I don't know for some reason my Left CTRL button stopped working. I realized when I tried to CTRL + C to copy, and etc... I even tried a program to check that every key functions and when I clicked left CTRL, the button on the program didn't light up (aka, wasn't working). My right CTRL button works. I already tried uninstalling and restarting the keyboard driver (reinstall) which didn't fix it.

What's wrong? :confused:

dstrakele
02-20-2013, 03:39 AM
You did a good job troubleshooting the issue and confirmed a hardware problem with the keyboard. If this is a recent purchase, your best course of action is to return your defective laptop to the retailer for an exchange or complete refund.

Primeval
02-20-2013, 03:42 AM
You did a good job troubleshooting the issue and confirmed a hardware problem with the keyboard. If this is a recent purchase, your best course of action is to return your defective laptop to the retailer for an exchange or complete refund.

Well I bought it on New Years and the only warranty I have on it is the manufacturer's... also I am in Canada, I bought this laptop in Illinois, USA ;s

dstrakele
02-20-2013, 03:51 AM
The exchange/return period of most retailers is 30 days or less. You'll need to arrange an RMA to ASUS (unless the laptop was purchased at Best Buy). I recommend you PM cl-Albert, the ASUS Customer Loyalty rep on this forum with your RMA information and request his assistance.

Pitcher@asus
02-20-2013, 06:27 AM
i think ASUS laptop have global warranry, i suggest you take to service center to check it, you can find the service center information at asus website.

Primeval
02-21-2013, 05:09 AM
I connected an external desktop keyboard and on that the Left CTRL key actually works. I guess it is a hardware problem after all :x