PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75VX or Asus G75VW

C. Martins
02-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Just one question? I register before I could only see the version of the Asus G75VW, register now after I realized that there is another, "Asus G75VX."
What is the difference between them? It is therefore seen that look alike ...
And by the way what is the best?

Cause I'm thinking definitely come a good machine, and chose to come to have a good machine ...

Thank you and I await an answer, and I apologize for maybe not put the topic in the right place, because only that could be noticed here.

And since now I leave my comment there ROG and definitely deserve congratulations for your evolution-iff is to notice ...

Im portuguese, sorry my english ...

DRAKON
02-20-2013, 04:16 PM
There are few differences:

1 - G75VX comes with 670MX as G75VW comes with 670M. The 670MX is about 15% faster in benchmarks and a little bit less power consuming.
2. - G75VX comes with thunderbolt port. This is like extension slot for additional hardware. Not really useful at the moment as it's new technology but probably in the future it will prove to be useful.
3. - G75VX comes with windows 8 as for G75VW there is option for windows 7 or 8. You can of course install windows 7 but I personally had problems with the drivers and decided to stick with windows 8 instead of wasting more time in trying to resolve the driver problems. Also the windows 8 version doesn't have recovery disk burning tool which makes it difficult in case your hard drive fails totally and the laptop doesn't have sticker with windows 8 key. Probably there will be way to ask for the key from the ASUS support but I wouldn't really count on that.
4. - In one review I read that the display on G75VX is a little bit worse than the one on G75VW. I personally couldn't find any difference while having both options in front of me before buying but probable there is :)

Maybe there are more differences but to be honest I wasn't really interested in every detail. Hope that helps.

Dr4g0n36
02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Also G75Vx hase a different processor (3630qm), here a comparison link:

http://ark.intel.com/compare/64899,71459

a little bit higher clock and a 10% more powerful IGD but isn't noticeable since both asus has the internal IGD disabled by motherboard (no optimus inside)

StereoROG
02-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Again we go back by asking what will you do with the laptop, what is the purpose?

Looking for the best take the VX better graphics and cpu more efficient and its like a version 2 if i may say.

No idea about the screen difference, VW is decent , dont know about the VX.

Skull6
02-20-2013, 10:21 PM
My VW came with a 660M.

Pitcher@asus
02-21-2013, 02:39 AM
if you want ot know what is difference, you are able to visit asus website to visit spec and introduction.

C. Martins
02-21-2013, 02:48 AM
thank you for all the answers. helped me a lot. I'm looking to buy a laktop with everything. I play a lot and want to spend money on the best there is to it later if I can enjoy it in the same ... I've seen that the differences are few but what you guys advised? respect to these two brands?
which is rated best for gaming?

Dr4g0n36
02-21-2013, 09:02 AM
If you want the "biggest" search for the G75Vx - cv006H ( 16GB ram and Nvidia 3D vision 2 with active glasses included) i've ordered this and it's quietly impressive :)

DRAKON
02-21-2013, 09:11 AM
if you want ot know what is difference, you are able to visit asus website to visit spec and introduction.

Not to be rude but the introduction is generally useless and the specs are not easily compared ( at least I can't find direct compare option ) and also specs on G75VW defines wide range of CPU, HDD, OS. People get confused with so much information if they are not IT familiar. Maybe you should think of comparison between models and a better way to show the differences between models including different categories like comparison between G75 and G55 and G46 ( for example you need to really pay attention to details to see the difference is screen resolution, 2nd HDD compatibility, etc. )

@C. Martins - the best for gaming is obviously the G75VX as it has better video card and same or better processor ( processor may vary for G75VW ). The only question about it is - do you want the 3D vision as it costs extra. For me it's not really worth it but if money are not object then go for it. Also if the model doesn't have SSD boot drive add one. It will drastically improve the performance of the OS in general and you can even spare some space for the games you most play and that helps in loading times.

C. Martins
02-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Ok. thanks again for the answers. drakon and you helped me a lot. already gave ententer what you meant.
Definitely the VX is the best lakyop the asus. and as it brings the D # as you say I think it pays off.
I'll explain why you want to know that ... For here in Portugal the difference in price and G75VW G75VX is not too concerned for money.
One only costs € 50 more than the other. Elsewhere am not knowing but it is here in Portugal. So I want to know which to choose.
For it is not for 50 € which I still stick with the VX.
And for your words and from what I've seen is definitely VX the best laktop there right?
If yes answer?

DRAKON
02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
And for your words and from what I've seen is definitely VX omelhor laktop there right?
If yes answer?

I'm sorry but I can't understand the question :)

Tomislav
02-21-2013, 02:11 PM
VX is better. Kepler archi. in 670mx GPU and thunderbolt port. the rest is pretty much the same quality. (and yes vx comes only with win 8)

C. Martins
02-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Go see now . sorry . its good now xD

C. Martins
02-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Ok thank you. Within the WIN8 also no problem because I am already using it ...

Dr4g0n36
02-23-2013, 03:07 AM
Counting only on specs the best is obviously the VX, but is like a beautiful girlfriend...just a little mistake and you will spend a wekk to bring back all to a working mode;
- the impossibility to create backup DVD/BRD,
- you have no serial under machine,
- (Vx) you can't install Windows 7 due a lack of drivers / incompatibility
- if you plan to add SSD or RAID, be prepared... jesus suffered less than me :D
- Geforce GTX 670Mx...what a powerful video card...BUT isn't Nvidia! is ASUS! so if you want to be updated with driver (you wrote that you are a gamer) releases better turn your choice on VW models....660m is recognized by nvidia installers.

Otherwise, after 10 days of tries and configuration, i was able to run this machine in RAID mode ( 2 SSD) and driver update to 311 version...but it's a hard work ( like a "beautiful grilfiend" XD )

sorry for my poor english :P