PDA

View Full Version : G73SW-A1 - Graphic Card isn't performing properly.

Dieselz
07-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Hello,
i'm new here to the whole forums thingy but i spent the past four days here reading posts to see if my problem someone had it before but nothing, and i loved the forums to be honest i learned so many stuff from here specially from "Chastity" he's like encyclopedia.
my problem is my GTX 460m isn't working properly and i've tried all drivers, the segate update, the intel updates with the overall command like chastity referred in some post, also i reinstalled my OS couple of times but still nothing.
and when i try FurMark the new edition 1.9.0 that fur ball is moving so slow and the max FPS i get with 8x MSAA and reso. 1920x1080 is "9" .
so compared to my desktop GTX 285 OC i remember i could get something like 2x FPS, so i'm not sure what's wrong with mine i just hope its not something in the hardware because I'm long way from RMA or anything like that T_T
Please Help..

Dieselz
07-15-2011, 08:35 AM
here's the score i got from 3Dmark 11,
and i'm so sad to see this score because when i checked some reviews most of people gets about 9xxx score
please someone help me out :(

Score:
P1986 3DMarks

Detailed scores
3DMark Score
P1986
Graphics Score
Physics Score
Combined Score
GraphicsTest1
8 FPS
GraphicsTest2
8 FPS
GraphicsTest3
10 FPS
GraphicsTest4
5 FPS
PhysicsTest
18 FPS
CombinedTest
8 FPS
Settings
Default settings used
Yes
Edition
Basic
Screen Width
Screen Height
Msaa Sample Count
Texture Filtering Mode
Trilinear
Max Af Anisotropy
Tessellation Detail
Max Tessellation Factor
ShadowMapSize
Shadow Cascade Count
Surface Shadow Sample Count
Volumetric Illumination Quality
Ambient Occlusion Quality
Depth Of Field Quality
Enable Window Mode
Off
Enable Vertical Sync
Off
Enable Triple Buffering
Off
Enable Wireframe
Off
Color Saturation
100%

manu72
07-15-2011, 12:29 PM
There is nothing wrong with your card. You can find my 3D Mark 11 scores in my sigg and you will see they are comparable...

Regarding scores of "9xxx" i DONT think so... those are either scores for 3D Mark Vantage or the scores are not from a GTX460m.
Also please do not compare 460m with the desktop 460 cause the desktop one is more than 2x faster - desktop 460 has 336 cuda cores, 256bits memory bandwidth and faster memory clocks while 460m has 192 cuda cores, 192 bits bandwidth and lower memory clocks)

Dieselz
07-15-2011, 12:47 PM
thank you manu, yea i think i didn't notice which 3dmark was it because i didn't use it before, and when i was comparing the desktop card i wasnt't comparing the same model but i was refereing to GTX 285.
but aside from that what do you think is the problem in games like COD MW2 the game does some spikes during playing so some other games too they're not operating like i thought they would.
and thanks again for replying.

manu72
07-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Well, the "spikes" might appear due to what is called "sandy bridge throttling issues". Basicaly under high load the CPU gets slowed alot (to approx 800Mhz) without being overheated. The temporary workaround, till Asus releases a bios fix, is to download last version of ThrottleStop and start it, then you can close it.
Then you will be OK till the next restart when you will have to start/close throttlestop again.
Basically that's all

More info can be found here:
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?2329-ATTENTION-G73-53SW-Owners-CPU-Throttling-to-798mhz-and-how-to-fix-it

Chastity, any chance for a sticky for that thread? :)