PDA

View Full Version : G73SW No display but boots up

Rthompson219
02-21-2013, 10:32 PM
I had this issue for the past couple days with my G73SW. One day I just closed the lid, 10minutes later I open it and I get no display. I reset the computer, removed the battery and help down the power button for 30 seconds, still nothing. I figured I would go inside the computer and reset the CMOS battery by removing it, but much to my displeasure, the battery was literally locked in and I had no means of removing it from the covering (not sure why). But also while inside it, I saw some ugly stuff. Wires were connected via scotch tape, some of the ribbons were jerry rigged into the slots so I was unable to remove them (I sent my laptop out to asus to fix about5 months ago when it bricked via a bios update). So needless to say, ASUS did a **** job in repairing my laptop, Im surprised it lasted another 5 months after looking inside of it. regardless, I put it back together in hopes of it might working again, and I get nothing. Powers up, no display. I get someone frustrated and smack the back of the screen, and BOOM! Display works again. That troubles me a bit, I already filed for a claim and was planning on getting it fixed again via warranty with square trade. Does anyone have any ideas of what could of caused this? I am assuming its a loose connection on the monitor? Any ideas would be great.

dstrakele
02-21-2013, 11:44 PM
You have a similar issue to @Protosouls (in http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29386-G74SX-A1-not-starting-up.) as well as a similar method of resolution (the 'Fonz' knock - see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22063-G74sx-funny-story-time&p=151531&viewfull=1#post151531). It looks like a bad LVDS cable connection.

evga
02-22-2013, 01:42 AM
bad lvds connection . If I were you I would remove the lvds cables and clean the contacts with isopropyl alcohol , than sending it to warranty service.

Pitcher@asus
02-22-2013, 03:06 AM
if you are certainty it is lvds cable problem, i suggest you send back to asus service to replace new one.

dstrakele
02-22-2013, 03:08 AM
Check out @MathDoctor's post: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12668-ASUS-G74SX-Screen-Not-Working&p=229454&viewfull=1#post229454.

EdanRamz
02-26-2013, 02:10 AM
I'm also having the same problem. This already occured about 5 times and just lucky that my g73sw still opened again. I'm actually having bad thoughts asking if the service centers here in the Philippines are so legit like those in the US. Hope it won't open new problems or make it worse. Anyways, I'll keep the updates posted.

EdanRamz
03-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Got my g73sw back from a service center named ASUS WORLD here in the Philippines. As expected, they are really not good with customer relations. Well, im just pointing out that I read from ROG forums that LVDS cable was certainly the problem. They said they diagnosed it and ordered a new video card from ASUS Taiwan. The laptop is working fine now so i recommend you to have it checked.