PDA

View Full Version : Just upgraded Asus G55vw w/ Nvidia 660m to Nvidia Driver v 314.07

Vicodin
02-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Hello,
I think I am a bit confused on driver updates for the Asus G55 and G75. I have seen some people talking about how you have to use the Asus updates for the video drivers. I have had no problems when I update mine from the Nvidia website. I just updated my Asus G55vw for the second time, this time to the 314.07 driver from Nvidia and it is working great! The main game I play is League of Legends. Before updating to this driver, I noticed when in large team fights my FPS would drop from 60 and fluctuate between 40 and 60 momentarily. It no longer does this. Stays solid at 60 with everything on very high at all times now! Seems to be performing much better! Can someone fill me in on what people are referring to with Asus updates? Thank you!

rewben
02-22-2013, 05:10 AM
i guess the affected are the machines with gpu 670mx; not us who have the 660m or 670m.

Pitcher@asus
02-22-2013, 07:10 AM
yep, i saw some people post, the driver are not able to use in G75VX.

srmojuze
02-23-2013, 05:11 AM
Hello,
I think I am a bit confused on driver updates for the Asus G55 and G75. I have seen some people talking about how you have to use the Asus updates for the video drivers. I have had no problems when I update mine from the Nvidia website. I just updated my Asus G55vw for the second time, this time to the 314.07 driver from Nvidia and it is working great! The main game I play is League of Legends. Before updating to this driver, I noticed when in large team fights my FPS would drop from 60 and fluctuate between 40 and 60 momentarily. It no longer does this. Stays solid at 60 with everything on very high at all times now! Seems to be performing much better! Can someone fill me in on what people are referring to with Asus updates? Thank you!

FWIW I use Nvidia official drivers with my G55... On 310.90 at the moment.

UnAimed
02-24-2013, 06:24 PM
I always use the official drivers from the Nvidia website and personally have never had any problems.

srmojuze
02-28-2013, 03:42 PM
I always use the official drivers from the Nvidia website and personally have never had any problems.

Yup, the official line from Nvidia seems to say for a higher "guarantee" use the drivers provided by the manufacturer but thank, thank, thankfully since with ROG laptops we can use the official Nvidia drivers, so far, no issues for 660M.