PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for new driver

Sunwind
02-21-2013, 11:03 PM
how long does the AHQL process usually take? I'm still waiting for the new ThunderFX windows 8 driver to clear this process or something which was mentioned weeks (months now?) ago, and it still hasn't appeared.

appsmarsterx
02-26-2013, 06:17 PM
looks like we have to wait forever or move in to a different solution .. Haven't seen any overpriced buggy hardware like this in my entire life ... lost all my faith in Asus because of this Phoebus.. and had endless nightmares because of this .. removed my Phoebus and now I m back as usual with my old Realtek.. hope your driver team watching this :mad:

P.S: and I don't want to submit bug reports for zillion issues because I didn't pay $200 to be a beta tester for an unfinished product !

KILLER_K
02-27-2013, 02:19 AM
Agreed, I also removed my Pheobus. The support and all the issues/bugs are just sad. Asus acts like they don't want to support because of all the issues. And I'm tired of doing bug reports also. There is no sense in having to pay $200 dollars and then beta test for Asus because they rushed out a sound card.

AVtemp
02-27-2013, 11:19 AM
There is a guy who created alternative driver for ASUS but no Phoebus support :-(
http://brainbit.wordpress.com/category/uni-xonar/

" After 2 years of waiting for a proper driver from ASUS, I decided to take the matters in my own hands and make the fixes myself. I’m talking mostly about the 5.1 stereo upmix issue & an up to date driver for my Xonar DX. It should work for everyone else, but I can’t guarantee it. Also I made a unified driver so everyone can update to the last driver version. No more waiting 6 months+ (Ds,D2,D2X owners) and all that for a broken driver. Personally I don’t know what those monkey coders at Asus and C-Media are doing. Maybe someone should ratio their bananas.
The 5.1 stereo upmix issue was created by Asus Dev Team, the C-Media Devs did it right with original drivers. But C-Media is not innocent, besides being always too late to the party, DPC latency sky rocks when using any of they’re poor coded audio functions(see fixes for Uni Xonar low DPC latency driver)
After the Daniel K and Creative drivers fiasco everybody jumped the Asus boat, including myself. All I can say is that we jumped onto the WRONG BOAT!
BTW: ASUS execs if you are reading these please contact me for my payment!
Please note that these are modded drivers and there are limitations regarding how much the actual original drivers can be fixed this way."

chilinmichael
02-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Yes, he actually did really good work...I had the Xonar DX and used his drivers. The Asus ones were buggy, had heavy latency and were generally months to a year behind the C-Media counterpart. He literally single-hand-idly saved the Xonar for most users. It's sad the Phoebus is so different and can't use his drivers. I submitted a bug report when I had Win 8 about a month ago, didn't even get so much as an autoreply. I PM'd Raja@Asus here over a week ago and he just ignored my PM, I even asked for him to post publicly. I know he's there cause he's answered a PM of mine before. Asus support needs to learn people skills.

Do you know what it says when a single person with a wordpress page can write a better driver supporting so many Asus cards universally compared to company-hired engineers? It says they hired the wrong damn people.

Newt182
02-27-2013, 05:28 PM
I too am having regrets about buying this card. The advice about sending bug reports is ridiculous, we shouldn't have to, it's not our job. I expected to get a top quality product when I bought this card, and lots of support to go along with it. I would also like to know why Asus driver developers don't visit this forum to look at issues reported here, maybe they are just to lazy or not interested in the problems people are having.

The experiences people are having with the lack of driver support must be very damaging for the the company. We all know that because of the lack of support there will be people out there now who will most certainly think twice before buying another Asus product, and Asus should really be thinking about the long term impacts that will result from these issues, over time it could possibly amount to a lot of lost revenue.

KILLER_K
02-27-2013, 09:03 PM
I still say Asus should offer a full refund on the card. Give a public apology for this mess they call a sound card. If creative can do it with the problem they had with their new sounds card. Then Asus surely can also.

davidm71
03-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Time for some WHQL drivers Asus for god sake. We spent way too much money on this card to be ignored!

Give us some new drivers or forget about any future purchase orders of anything Asus.

Thank you.

Thirteenth
03-02-2013, 04:08 AM
Dammit asus where is the ****ing WHQL driver!!!!!!

Tassy
03-02-2013, 04:25 AM
I too am having regrets about buying this card. The advice about sending bug reports is ridiculous, we shouldn't have to, it's not our job. I expected to get a top quality product when I bought this card, and lots of support to go along with it. I would also like to know why Asus driver developers don't visit this forum to look at issues reported here, maybe they are just to lazy or not interested in the problems people are having.

The experiences people are having with the lack of driver support must be very damaging for the the company. We all know that because of the lack of support there will be people out there now who will most certainly think twice before buying another Asus product, and Asus should really be thinking about the long term impacts that will result from these issues, over time it could possibly amount to a lot of lost revenue.

I am regretting it too, but I have gotten used to its limited usage. Strangely enough the motherboard I paid 50$ more for, than soundcard has the exact fix needed to fix all my sound issues
I am at the point today, that the Pheobus will be coming out very soon, an thrown in a box somewhere, if I can sell it on. I paid 300$ for a real piece of junk. Which is sad but it could be a decent card I am sure. But Asus just don't seem interested.

_
03-04-2013, 09:12 AM
REPLY TO OP: THUNDERFX DRIVERS ARE OUT TODAY. Please use this thread. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23023-ThunderFX-and-Windows-8

davidm71
03-07-2013, 10:34 AM
REPLY TO OP: THUNDERFX DRIVERS ARE OUT TODAY. Please use this thread. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23023-ThunderFX-and-Windows-8

Does Asus have any intention of updating the Phoebus beta drivers? I don't see anything anywhere. Tell you what. For every day there is no driver I will start a new thread on a new tech forum detailing the wait. Enjoy the publicity Asus. I'm not kidding.

KILLER_K
03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
No need to do that. Asus knows what they did. A rushed product is what it is. Now the end-users have to get bad end of the stick. If you want support, honestly return the sound card or hopefully sell it to someone else. It isn't going to happen with this sound card. Or keep submitting bug reports until you are blue in the face. And wait and see if you get a driver for it. Bottom line is you are doing Asus's work for their tech on a rushed sound card.

I removed mine and will not give Asus another look on ROG tagged items now. Almost at the point where Asus is on the edge of not getting my business because of this little stunt. Went back to the realtek and the sound is just as good if not better. The only thing you really don't get is a headphone amp. But for the wasted $200+ on the Pheobus, you can get one easily for that.

Edit: Seems Asus' website went down while typing this. I guess now I can finish speaking my mind on this problem.

davidm71
03-07-2013, 04:54 PM
No need to do that. Asus knows what they did. A rushed product is what it is. Now the end-users have to get bad end of the stick. If you want support, honestly return the sound card or hopefully sell it to someone else. It isn't going to happen with this sound card. Or keep submitting bug reports until you are blue in the face. And wait and see if you get a driver for it. Bottom line is you are doing Asus's work for their tech on a rushed sound card.

I removed mine and will not give Asus another look on ROG tagged items now. Almost at the point where Asus is on the edge of not getting my business because of this little stunt. Went back to the realtek and the sound is just as good if not better. The only thing you really don't get is a headphone amp. But for the wasted $200+ on the Pheobus, you can get one easily for that.

Edit: Seems Asus' website went down while typing this. I guess now I can finish speaking my mind on this problem.

I'm not making threats. Just letting the word out. Shame them into certifying their last beta release. I mean how hard is that? What are they lazy? Looks like it..

davidm71
03-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Posted on Hardforum asking if anyone knows whats the hold up? I mean I get the feeling there is some undisclosed reason for the delay. I mean Asus has been great rolling out firmware updates for my RT-N66U router and same for my Z68 motherboard, and even good with the Crosshair IV formula even though the last one is a beta. I mean this is why I'm hesitating choosing the Asus GTX 680 4gb video cards for a new SLI setup. I want to see some support for their products. I just wanted to add that my Phoebus is working wonderfully without issues since the beta release. So Asus just pay the WHQL service fee and get it over with!

AVtemp
03-08-2013, 08:59 PM
It was born dead.
R.I.P Phoebus,Amen.

KILLER_K
03-08-2013, 10:27 PM
This should finish up the thread.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss18/KILLER_K/RestInPeaceasusdone_zpsf7083bb8.jpg

ozzydog153
03-08-2013, 11:09 PM
after months of aggrivation i finally gave up and ordered the creative zx. after playing games for about an hour they start to studder and drop frames then the screen goes black and the computer locks up. only does this with dolby disabled. enable dolby theature and i can play all night. tried headphones, analog speakers and even hooking up to a receiver using optical out. all behave the same. sad thing is asus already got paid so we are either stuck with this card or have to try and sell it for a loss.

chilinmichael
03-08-2013, 11:57 PM
I'll email support for an answer, everyone else reading this should start to do the same.

AVtemp
03-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Possible explanation to this situation:
1. Local black hole,created by CERN, sucked Phoebus development team.
Damn you,black hole,damn you CERN!
2. UFO hijacked them,as they are the most talanted people in the world.
Go home UFOs!!!
3. Also they are involved in "Skynet" development.
Soon buggy Terminator-machines will rise against us.
4. ASUS don`t have money to develope driver.
It costs 1 000 000$ and only Albert Einstein can do it.
That is why we`ll never get new, non-buggy driver.

chilinmichael
03-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Instead of complaining, let us email them asking for an ETA and better support. Lets get our own bug list with the new Beta going publicly so we can all email them the same complaints. We must work together for common good, and driver support. If we get enough people, we can eventually contact companies like CNET and point them to our forum postings showing what a disgrace ASUS driver support is...once they start losing valuable customers and getting bad rep over it, they'll think twice. If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears. Otherwise, this evening I'll start a topic labeled "Beta and stable bugs", we'll make a form with OS, driver version and bug report, that's all....not the 1000 question one the Phoebus team wants us to fill out.

Thanks,
Michael
CompTIA A+ certified Tech

AVtemp
03-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Good idea, and i think first of all we need ask RAJA@ASUS all that questions.
As for email,we need another adress,maybe CEO?

chilinmichael
03-09-2013, 01:38 PM
I asked Raja, he simply ignored me. He's answered me before on another question, so he's selectively not answering. You can try. Far as Asus, I'm off to work shortly but I'll check around their site this evening as well. My post will probably be a lengthy one, but it'll be full of the information we need to really put on the pressure, plus, create a great showing should we need to contact CNET to give them bad publicity.

Glasofruix
03-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Asus and driver developpement is something otherwordly, i'm still waiting for win8 drivers for my laptop (i bought it last year and updated while it was cheap, worst idea ever)...

KILLER_K
03-09-2013, 05:05 PM
While I like the idea but it isn't a wholehearted one though. I submitted problems until i basically got tired of it. What did it get, me, you or anyone? Nothing, As we are still standing here with our hands in our pockets, wondering what happened. Plus the fact of a $200+ dollar premium sound card with no support is a bit odd. What you are saying is pay the $200+ for the sound card. Then turn around and help asus fix the sound card on top of that?

I don't know about you but Asus doesn't pay me to be a beta tester. If you would like to continue filling out forms, sending them in and getting ignored. Then by all means keep doing so. It is funny even the mods here will not even talk about the issue of the lack of support and drivers.

It is like they are trying to simply ignore it and hopefully it will go away. If I buy a "ROG" labeled product, I feel that is Asus's top tier hardware. If they can't support it, they why market it to begin with. I just can't see a product being swept under the rug like this one did. 10 months and it is almost not even bothered to be talked about at this point. Just angry people that bought it and watch the support go into nonexistence.

This isn't a company that I want to stand behind now. They have had my business for 25+ years and told multiple people about them. It now seems money is their main target instead of support and good products. It honestly seems no one needs to tell anyone about Asus's issue. As I see it spreading like a plague through all forums all across the web.

Edit:
Bottom line is we shouldn't have to a premium for a sound card and then get no support. Do bug test and submit problems to Asus. We are then basically doing Asus job and paying them to watch. Send a sound card to "Daniel K" and let him provide working drivers. Like he had to do before for Asus. Better yet hire the guy as he knows what he is doing unlike Asus's Tech.

Instead of complaining, let us email them asking for an ETA and better support. Lets get our own bug list with the new Beta going publicly so we can all email them the same complaints. We must work together for common good, and driver support. If we get enough people, we can eventually contact companies like CNET and point them to our forum postings showing what a disgrace ASUS driver support is...once they start losing valuable customers and getting bad rep over it, they'll think twice. If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears. Otherwise, this evening I'll start a topic labeled "Beta and stable bugs", we'll make a form with OS, driver version and bug report, that's all....not the 1000 question one the Phoebus team wants us to fill out.

Thanks,
Michael
CompTIA A+ certified Tech

davidm71
03-09-2013, 09:42 PM
I asked Raja, he simply ignored me. He's answered me before on another question, so he's selectively not answering. You can try. Far as Asus, I'm off to work shortly but I'll check around their site this evening as well. My post will probably be a lengthy one, but it'll be full of the information we need to really put on the pressure, plus, create a great showing should we need to contact CNET to give them bad publicity.

I also emailed Raja yesterday to no avail. I mean I don't have any issues with this card since they released that beta, but I think its time to upgrade those drivers to whql status. I bet there are others out there not so fortunate. I remember I went the snap, crackle, pop syndrom with my Creative XFI back in the PCI days. Took a motherboard bios update to fix the issue a whole year later. I bet others are having similar problems with this Phoebus. A reputable company though wouldn't let eight months pass since the last driver update on a new product. Something must be up with this card. I wonder what that could be...

Softcorebro
03-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Voicing your concerns over the Phoebus' lack of drivers here wont do much because it doesn't get much exposure. Go onto their twitter for a public platform to be heard:

https://twitter.com/ASUS_ROG

KILLER_K
03-11-2013, 01:16 AM
Did you post on "twitter" then? As I scanned through it and didn't see anything on it. People have to vent and this is a good place to start. Honestly it doesn't matter what you do at this point. Asus has gotten the money and that was all they cared about to begin with.

Voicing your concerns over the Phoebus' lack of drivers here wont do much because it doesn't get much exposure. Go onto their twitter for a public platform to be heard:

https://twitter.com/ASUS_ROG

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss18/KILLER_K/RestInPeaceasusdone_zpsf7083bb8.jpg

appsmarsterx
03-11-2013, 09:34 AM
that ROG twitter account is just useless as their facebook fanpage .. they never interact with their followers/fans other than just posting bunch of useless crap ... and the email support is even funnier they never bother to answer my questions relevantly other than writing 1 sentence line about some irrelevant things..

Killa
03-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Is there even a customer service number we can call and complain to?