PDA

View Full Version : Here is a noob story for a good laugh

Vicodin
02-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Hello,
Well I have a story for you from when I was operating in noob mode. So I use HWINFO64 as many of you probably do as well. My processor is always around 3.2 Ghz with the factory overclock. Well I opened up HWINFO64 today to check something out, and I noticed my processor was only running at 1200 mhz. I watched it for a while and it didn't move. So I am looking around all over for about 45 mins, and I can NOT for the life of me figure why? I started to wonder if my processor was malfunctioning. Well lets just say I found the problem. The power cord was not hooked up, and it was running off the battery. LMAO. Plugged it in, right back to 3.2 ghz. FACEPALM!

Zygomorphic
02-24-2013, 02:11 AM
Had that one too... the brick was plugged into the laptop, but the screen was still dim and the computer was running really slow...then I noticed that the brick wasn't plugged into the wall...:D

Giga
02-24-2013, 03:01 AM
Same here lol i was playing planetside 2 and was wondering why i was only doing 25 fps. after messing with the setting for 10 minutes i saw it wasnt plugged into the wall

Vicodin
02-24-2013, 03:53 AM
Had that one too... the brick was plugged into the laptop, but the screen was still dim and the computer was running really slow...then I noticed that the brick wasn't plugged into the wall...:D

That was what happened to me. The power cord was plugged into the laptop, just not the wall. I unplug it at night from the wall.

chrsplmr
02-24-2013, 04:55 AM
20 years ago I was painting and remodeling our house in florida. The house was in total disarray.
After working all day on it I came up to the bedroom .. my wife was in the shower.
The dresser was on its side with the tv on top of it about a foot and a half from the bed .. I
sat down on the corner of the bed to check the news and started clicking .. to no avail. I took the batteries out of the remote, replaced them banged on it a few times and continued to click .. my wife came in from the shower and took one look and started to laugh .. then she plugged in the tv ..
Do you know she has told that story at least 5 times a year since .. to my shagrin.

I always check the power first now. hahhahaha.c.

Zygomorphic
02-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Hey, the wife deserved it! :) You made her day! :) You can always say that you wanted to let her show her love for you! :D

DRAKON
02-24-2013, 12:22 PM
This reminds me of my personal story with this. So as I live with few friends in a big apartment. I usually keep my laptop in my room but once in a while we decide to play something together so I move my laptop to the living room. Well once after moving the laptop I started the game but the screen was dimmed. I started looking around what was the problem. I check for the power plugged in, the settings. All I could think of. I started to curse what is happening and few minutes later I checked if the power was plugged into the wall... it was big face palm for me and my room mates.