PDA

View Full Version : G75VX does not go to sleep/Hybrid sleep after inactivity!

William85
02-24-2013, 02:02 AM
Hello i had some troubles with my G75VX a while a go, i kept getting bsod once a day or so but after i uninstalled avast it seems that the laptop does not go to sleep after inactivity...:/
In power settings i have on both sleep and hybrid sleep but nothing seems to work.... (my lG75 works perfectly "for now")
is there anything i`m missing?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me :)

dstrakele
02-24-2013, 03:21 AM
1) Your Power Management Profiles may be corrupt. Consider creating a new Power Profile and configuring it to Sleep after X minutes of inactivity. Be sure you've configured it correctly for both "Battery" and "Plugged in" in the Advanced Settings.

Switch to that profile and see if if performs as desired. Confrirm the laptop has not unexpectedly switched power profiles if the problem reoccurs.

2) Alternatively, reset one of your current power profiles to default settings and reconfigure.

3) If you are running Power4Gear, try unstalling it for troubleshooting purposes and configuring the Windows power profile to Sleep your laptop.

William85
02-24-2013, 01:39 PM
thanks will try and find out if i can find the problem, fyi im running Power4Gear.