PDA

View Full Version : G75 performance with or without AC power

draco69
02-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Hey this is my first thread in ROG forum.

i have a question, i just bought my G75 BBK5 yesterday and i tried to OC my GPU for some games such as BF3, COD MW3, etc. I found a lot of strutting, even i set the graphic to medium or low. I dont know why ( I am using EVGA Precision for OC-ing, set +135 for gpu and +375 for memory). It happens when im using battery power. In AC power, same OC setting, and set the graphic in ultra mode, all games works very very good. Is there any different setting in battery power and AC power ? I dont know, I've set a high performance for battery power but it doesnt work as well as using AC power.

Am i supposed to use AC power for gaming all the time ? Please help.

Thanks guys

rewben
02-24-2013, 04:07 PM
yes you should. check out these threads:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?24700-G75VW-Lag-when-on-battery
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?16215-G75VW-Gaming-Performance

Pitcher@asus
02-25-2013, 03:20 AM
for asus design, G serious laptop battery is back up power, if just connecter battery the performance is half, it is must be plug adapter to high performance.

draco69
02-25-2013, 04:37 AM
Got it, so we have to play it using AC power. Is that okay if we plugged in charger without the battery (im afraid it will damage the system hardware) ? or keep the battery on with charger plugged in ?

rewben
02-25-2013, 05:12 AM
you can do it either way; and it's fine to keep the battery on with charger plugged in. the recent designs of charging process are more friendlier than the old ones, i.e. help preserving battery shelf life. it will start charging only when there is less than 95% of battery power.

GottiBoi55
02-25-2013, 05:40 AM
Got it, so we have to play it using AC power. Is that okay if we plugged in charger without the battery (im afraid it will damage the system hardware) ? or keep the battery on with charger plugged in ?

With today's "smart battery technology" it's perfectly fine to keep battery in at all times when on A/C adapter.
(No lost of battery life)
I never take out my battery, I think of it as a "power backup".
(Same as a battery backup for your "desktop PC")
Say if the power goes out, then you are covered!
There's some posts here where people had very serious problems when the power went out without battery in there lappys.
So it's best to keep battery in to prevent hardware damage if the power goes out (IMHO).

draco69
02-25-2013, 05:56 AM
Thank you and thank you again guys !
This forum is very helpful, now i can rock my machine :)

rewben
02-25-2013, 09:06 AM
haha! have fun!