PDA

View Full Version : G 46 Can we install a NEW High Res Touch Screen?

falcon127usa
02-25-2013, 06:46 PM
:)How about a NEW Screen for the G 46?> High Res and touch screen. Does the Computer have the capability to have this done / Mother board and driver set for a touch screen?

Thank, Novice Guy

JwPwns
02-25-2013, 11:56 PM
that's exactly what I've been thinking about, and i've done some research on touch screen panels but appearantly all the ones i saw requires a usb adapter connector thing that u have to somehow mount it to the laptop to get touch screen to work. I'm not a pro but i would be glad to see someone who knows alot about touchscreen laptop connectors tell us if it's possible to get it to work. then I will just upgrade mine to touch screen and use the win 8

JwPwns
02-25-2013, 11:58 PM
oh, and it could be done as long as the screen connector and usb connector are the same as the ones we have in the motherboard, driver for touch screen ones appearantly works on almost all computers

Vicodin
02-26-2013, 03:12 AM
I don't think I would like a touch screen on my gaming laptop. Then again, I am kind of compulsive with cleaning mine. I hate when it has smudges on the screen.

Pitcher@asus
02-26-2013, 07:51 AM
myabe someone does it, but i suggest do not do it, because it is unable to make sure it is work when you change to other pannel.