PDA

View Full Version : connecting to projector

nieee
02-26-2013, 11:14 AM
hi guys,i have a problem with my G55vw. everytime when i connect to projector and press win+P and select duplicate,my system go to BSOD and sth to do with dump..and reboot itself. if i took off the connector and wait for it to reboot and connect again and use win+p it crashes again. if i didnt took off the connector while it was booting,it works fine. do you guys know what is the cause of this?

rewben
02-26-2013, 12:02 PM
are you using w8?

can you download bluescreenview (http://nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html) and check out the bsod?

Dan-in-TX
02-26-2013, 02:48 PM
I know someone with the exact same problem. I didn't have this problem with Win 7, and haven't tried with Win 8 since I upgraded this weekend.

The person I know with the problem is very tech savvy (he's teaching IT courses at a local university and has his own consulting firm), and he has all but given up attaching his G55VW to the classroom projector. I'll ask him tonight if he's troubleshot the problem, if not, I'll give it a shot with mine.

Pitcher@asus
02-27-2013, 06:07 AM
how is connecter to other monitor, projector, still same problem or only this projector occur?
are you re-install new vga driver and try again.

nieee
02-28-2013, 02:54 AM
i am on win7, i only tried it on one projector in the class..
where can i install new vga driver?

dparish2
02-28-2013, 04:53 AM
Have you tried pushing Win+P, selecting the output, then plugging in the cable really quick? Sounds weird but worked for me on another laptop.

nieee
02-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Have you tried pushing Win+P, selecting the output, then plugging in the cable really quick? Sounds weird but worked for me on another laptop.

no i havent tried that yet,will try it when i have my time