PDA

View Full Version : Taking off the bottom cover

KirIvlev
02-27-2013, 08:06 PM
So on my asus g75vw I took off the bottom cover and the small one(where the CPU fan is). I also removed the fan filters. The temperatures dropped by 5-6 degrees. I am just wondering if that's a wise thing to do. Could there be any consequences?

Vicodin
02-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Other than more accumulating dust, I don't believe so. I am sure you don't intend traveling with it like that.

KirIvlev
02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Other than more accumulating dust, I don't believe so. I am sure you don't intend traveling with it like that.

My asus g75vw is always on desk :)

Could dust be a problem?

Chino
02-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Depends on where you live. :P

On a sidenote, if you want to lower the temperatures even more, with the bottom still off, put a laptop cooler under it. :p

nirO
02-27-2013, 09:05 PM
there is someone here who made some holes that can help 2 :P and it wont avoid warranty he said... hes temps droped little by doing that

srmojuze
02-28-2013, 03:38 PM
there is someone here who made some holes that can help 2 :P and it wont avoid warranty he said... hes temps droped little by doing that

I'm curious as to how drilling holes in your laptop doesn't void the warranty... :cool:

Pitcher@asus
03-01-2013, 02:59 AM
yep, you will void warranty, because asus cannot agree you take off fan filters.

DRAKON
03-01-2013, 07:48 AM
yep, you will void warranty, because asus cannot agree you take off fan filters.

Nothing personal Mike but how would ASUS would know they were removed? I mean if for some reason he needs to send it for repairs he can put them back. Of course the dust would be more but even with filters the dust is not equal to non at all.

@Kirlvlev - I do not see a point of removing the filters. They are there for a reason - to prevent as much dust entering as possible. I find that to be good thing. If you remove them the temperature will drop until everything goes into dust and they start rising. Of course they could be cleaned but that needs to happen more often and it's a lot more harder cause you may need additional tools like Air under Pressure ( I do not know the exact English designation but I hope you get my point ) or to disassemble the whole laptop in order to reach everywhere. Now with that said I strongly recommend you to put the dust filters on and if you have temperature problems just put external laptop cooler under the laptop.

Vicodin
03-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Drilling holes in the plastic housing on a laptop will void the warranty with any company. DO NOT listen to that post.

nirO
03-01-2013, 09:28 AM
i only said what i have read.... i think mrwolf said he drilled holes if he sees this he might explain better...

EDIT:

here is where we talked about

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?24229-quot-Normal-quot-Temperature-for-GTX-670M-in-G75VW/page6&highlight=drilling+holes

post nr 52

gokica
03-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I was thinking about removing the covers and run it like that on a desk. But than thought what is the point when the temperatures are quite fine and never go even close to dangerous.