PDA

View Full Version : formal complaint

jpak2000
02-28-2013, 03:57 AM
All future updates will be in the later posts as this single post has reached its maximum word count.

Update 2/28/2013 6:30pm
Still no update on where my computer is as promised earlier in the day. Forwarded case to Xotic PC. Also will continue raising hell on phone and emails.

Edited for grammer as some has requested.

This is a formal complaint that I just posted. Reading forums I now understand that doing that or contacting the BBB is useless so I will post my formal complaint copy and pasted everywhere I can until they care enough to do something about it besides lying to me and giving me the run around.

Formal complaint Start
I purchased two identical high end top of the line computers in 2011 costing me about $3500. Since then I had my laptop RMA'd to Asus 3-4 times for keyboard malfunction, 1 time for mouse pad malfunction, 1 time for fan malfunction. I sent in an RMA to Asus on January 26 2013 for keyboard malfunction which was the 2nd or 3rd time for the same reason and also for a faulty fan. I received my laptop around February 5, 2013 with a still malfunctioning keyboard and a still malfunctioning fan.
At this point I was no longer confident in Asus’s ability to fix this issue and demanded that you guys replace my laptop with a new non defective one.
I know how this computer is supposed to work because I own two of them and the other unit runs flawlessly.
Asus’s customer service employee named Shane apologized and instructed me to try to RMA it again and get it repaired again and assured me this time they will get it right or replace the computer if they can’t. I told him that I have been without a computer for a week already and for them to expedite the shipment and repair. He said he spoke to manager and got the expedite repair approved. I shipped the unit on February 8 2013 using Asus Prepaid Label and the package arrived to your location on February 12, 2013. The tracking is fed ex 958362915007658.
Obviously Asus lied to me saying it will be expedited shipping when it wasn't. Next, I gave Asus a whole week to update their website with my repair inquiry and it never showed up. I still have no laptop and obviously was lied too when Asus told me the repair would be expedited. I called customer support at the 24 hour number and the gentlemen told me it can take a couple of days for the system to update the information and told me not to worry and to check back in 24 hours to 48 hours at the latest for an update on the website. I waited 48 hours and still no update. I then called Asus back and wondered what the issue was and where my laptop was. The gentleman who picked up by the name of Jason said he didn’t know what was going on and that he will escalate the issue to the managers this was around February 20 and promised me that I will be contacted within 48 hours with an update to my case. At this point I am very upset but I politely say ok and decided to give Asus service reps a chance.
2 days go by and no contact from Asus. At this point I know for a fact Asus lost my laptop and am expecting my replacement as promised. I call back round February 23, 2013 and the man I spoke to makes me explain everything all over again of course and tells me to wait another few days saying it can take the system time to update. I am furious at this point and demand to talk to a manager. The supervisor by the name of Mikael R. picks up and assures me he can help me. He explains to me that he is the supervisor and understand my situation and attempts to figure out the issue. He then tells me he will put in a request to replace my laptop but that it is not a guarantee. He tells me he has no update for me on the repair and tells me he will contact the service center first thing in morning when he gets in to work tomorrow because they are closed. He assures me that he will email or call me after he talks to them. I went as far as to make him promise to contact me and found out the time he will be calling me at the latest. He told me it would be at noon PST. I tell him ok I will give him a chance to resolve this. I wait for the call or email the next day and got nothing. Obviously I been lied to by Asus employees AGAIN!!! I can't even keep track of the number of times I have been lied too! I then called back at 5pm did the whole phone on hold thing again and finally have a hold of Mikael R. the supervisor once again. He assures me he contacted the service department and told them to update the status on my laptop. I asked him if he got confirmation if it was even with them or if they lost it or if they even started the repairs yet. He told me that he didn't get that information from them and that he will try to contact the department who handles repair inquiries. He also told me my request for a replacement laptop was denied. I am raging mad at this point. He finally after a long hold got back to me saying that he finally figured out that your systems are having technical difficulties due to a system glitch and that the status updates are backlogged and that is the reason I don't have an update on my computer. “Oh my god” is my response at this point. I ask what does that have anything to do with my computer being repaired and returned to me. He gave me a per vatum script response saying he apologizes and for me to wait a few more days for an update. At this point I gave the man 3 choices.
1 replace my computer with a new version of the same model and without any defects. I purchased this computer from your authorized online retailer exotic PC and had a memory upgrade to 16gig and a network card update to an Intel centrino wifi network card with bluetooth. Attached i have included my reciept for this computer proving this to be the case.
option 2 (preferred option) give me a replacement newer model with the keyboard glitch fixed.
Option 3 send me my repaired laptop right away.
I told him if he doesn't resolve this issue as promised I will report your company to the better business bureau. He apologized reading off a script and told me he can't help me. I then demanded to talk to the CEO of ASUS or a real manager and he put me on hold only to tell me he could not reach any managers at this time. I demanded to file a formal complaint and he gave me a link.
To sum it up this situation is absolutely ridiculous and it’s sad to know that unless I file a formal complaint I get nothing besides lies and perpetual loops. Every phone call I make to Asus takes an hour away from my study time. I am a UCLA student Pre-med student so I have a lot of studying I need to do. I also have to pay for packaging the laptop which costs 30$ at fedex to make sure it gets delivered safe in bubble wrap. I am without a computer now for over a month. This is the G74sx desktop replacement computer. I had no other computer because the second model I purchased at the timewas a gift for my girlfriend who also uses it as her main computer. Your company drove me to the point where I had to spend money and buy a new laptop because I absolutely have to have a laptop for school. I purchased the Asus Vivobook s200 model a month ago in order to hold me down. I have wasted countless hours on the phone on hold with Asus. I spent money, I have been lied too and pushed to my breaking point.
I called Asus again on feb 27 2013. Spoke to the supervisor Mikael R. again. He said the same script again apologizing for my frustration and that he can't do anything. He said he would transfer me to another supervisor right away and put me on hold for 2 hours before I hung up. I had a feeling he would do that so I called back on my 2nd line after 30 minutes of waiting all the while the first line was still on hold. I got in touch with a different supervisor, this time his name was Devouy. He went though all the verification steps again. Told me he can't begin to understand the frustration. Told me all steps have been taken to achieve a resolution at the fastest time possible. He personally assured me he will escalate it again (3rd time now) to the top and get my case on top of the list for resolution. He told me he will personally call the service centers and relevant departments in the morning call me with a status update. I got his promise to call me back by noon.

Next day on Feb 28, 2013 he called me back as promised! WOW finally someone from Asus kept their word! He instructs me that he called around and truth be told they have no idea where my laptop is. It could be in Texas where the prepaid label originally shipped it out or it could be in California at a different service center. He assured me all steps are being taken to handle this at the fastest time possible. He told me the computers will update for sure by tonight with my laptops information.
It is now 4:30pm and still no update in the repair inquiry systems. I’m pretty confident that I’m just getting the run around again at this point and would like for Exotic PC to light a fire under Asus.
For all my trouble I feel nothing short of a refund or getting fully compensated with a fully loaded new top of the line Asus model gaming laptop will fix this issue. If you look at Exotic’s records I returned the first unit I receive due to a defective keyboard a Exotic sent me a new one. The new one still had a defective keyboard but it was not as severe as the last one so I kept it for the time being because I needed a computer. I then decided to RMA it after which I did numerous times as documented.
Asus has failed me numerous times. I have been beyond patient. I have given Asus ample time and chances to resolve this and they have failed.
My case number is USG9322135
Formal complaint End

bignazpwns
02-28-2013, 04:14 AM
Checks out. I hope they make things right for you and offer a peace offering.

dparish2
02-28-2013, 04:18 AM
I understand your mad, however I would edit this to make it sound more professional....

1. I did not see any mention of a G75, G55 & G46 (type of forum we're in)

2. I would remove all "your demands," Telling them they are liars, and only reading off of script.. That makes you seem like kinda an ass.

3. Not sure what the Pre-Med has anything to do with your case... If your tying to impress them, correct your 26 grammar/spelling mistakes.

4.No matter if you have a "expedited" shipping label or not, mailing something Feb 8 (Friday), and them receiving it Feb 12 (Tuesday) is normal.. Not too many mail carriers move all weekend long....

5. Maybe mail this there and not here.

6. I doubt the VP or CEO will call you within 24hrs, they deal with a little more than just repair laptops (laptops, tablet computers, mobile phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), servers, computer monitors, motherboards, graphics cards, sound cards, optical disc drives, computer networking devices, computer cases, computer components and computer cooling systems) Also insulting their managers are really not helping your case.

rewben
02-28-2013, 04:29 AM
based on your post, you should have contacted xoticpc and if the case was not resolved, filed the complaint against them, instead of asus in the first place :/

i think you have voided your warranty by modifying stuff in non-user serviceable area; but that should be covered by custom VARs. try contact xotcpc for your case.

bignazpwns
02-28-2013, 04:30 AM
Contact the BBB my friend. Sick them on Asus.

Try not to flame him. He's mad and has every right to be mad. I understand where he is coming from Asus support is trash that's a fact. I personally waited for service and response's from them and they are by far the worst of any company.

Any issue with my Alienware Dell is at my house the next day Mon. Sat. and it is fixed before they go or they order the parts and are back the next day. Asus has a very hard time returning phone calls or calling. Heck i'm still waiting for Mikael R about a issue with a G75VW.

falcon127usa
02-28-2013, 04:37 AM
File a complaint with the (STATES ATTOURNEY GENERAL) of the State where the company resides. That will get the companies attention.

If you paid by credit card file a challange to the charge with your issuing Bank. That will reverse and hold payment. The company has 45 days to respond. By Law!

Be extreemly literate and to the point. You will need proof, all documentation, phone logs and any witnesses (phone recordings). It works "IF" you have your ducks in a row.

The BBB is nothing and useless.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
02-28-2013, 06:32 AM
I too have my Laptop G75 at the repair center ( here in Melbourne Australia) they told the sales guy at the store i bought it from that they were waiting for a part(most likely a GPU replacement) again and as my laptop is still under warranty I'm hoping they fix it properly this time.

I have a 2 yr extended hardware replacement warranty with the store so if the GPU dies again, I will be getting a full replacement.

Also you may want to edit your post and add a line between paragraphs, as at the min all it is, is a wall of text.

Apexing
02-28-2013, 06:37 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx6tszI4KT1r9x0sdo1_500.gif
dude can´t even figure out how to do this correctly, he just trying to impress ppl and troll.

what dparish2 is true.
/end thread

Gorman
02-28-2013, 06:53 AM
As ASUS always says to me over the phone "ASUS does not offer replacements or refunds under any situations" ^__^

supreme
02-28-2013, 09:51 AM
poor bloke, thats a really unfortunate situation you are in. Its good that you took down the names of the people you spoke over the phone
with, it would be easier to point down who said what to benefit you- hopefully.

chrsplmr
02-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Welcome to ROG jpak2000 ..

ummm ... What's the question ???
When in 2011 ?? and what of the xoticpc warranty ??
What 'keyboard' malfunction ??
Why didn't you come 'here' first ??
Have you forwarded this thread or PM'd Any of the 'cl's' here on the forum ??

Most of what I read was rage and frustration, demands and threats. That will
do little to resolve your issues.

Best of Luck.c.

Shawnnepc
02-28-2013, 02:58 PM
based on your post, you should have contacted xoticpc and if the case was not resolved, filed the complaint against them, instead of asus in the first place :/

i think you have voided your warranty by modifying stuff in non-user serviceable area; but that should be covered by custom VARs. try contact xotcpc for your case.

Correct. His warranty may have been voided by Xotic and ASUS may not have to provide any services to this customer. The point of possible issue is the replacement of the wi-fi card with a new product. As retailers we're allowed to REPLACE with same model parts in the non-user serviceable areas (Exception being RAM, we can do whatever with that)

I don't remember if the wireless card is in the non-serviceable area on the G74SX. That's something Marshall@ASUS or CL-Albert will have to answer

I know ASUS tends to have some non-official 'working agreements' with the re-sellers who mod the laptops beyond their normal specifications. However, it's still at their discretion if they will allow warranty service on these units.

srmojuze
02-28-2013, 03:13 PM
As ASUS always says to me over the phone "ASUS does not offer replacements or refunds under any situations" ^__^

Luckily in Australia we have more options I reckon.

DRAKON
02-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Correct. His warranty was technically voided by Xotic and ASUS doesn't have to provide any services to this customer.

If this is true "technically" ASUS should say that the warranty is violated, not take the laptop for repair.

Assuming what he says is true then ASUS service is beyond unprofessional regardless if the warranty is voided, or if hit attitude is not correct, or the post place is not here. If I was in his position I would be more than angry and more than demanding. Now I can't say it should be that way but I can understand the frustration. Again this is assuming all his words are true and the story is not modified in any way to present ASUS in bad light. I would like some official statement from ASUS regarding the case. As we saw one side of the case lets see if ASUS representative would present the other. Just ignoring the case is not a good sign in my opinion (the forum may not be the correct one but the topic is already here).

Shawnnepc
02-28-2013, 03:46 PM
If this is true "technically" ASUS should say that the warranty is violated, not take the laptop for repair.

Assuming what he says is true then ASUS service is beyond unprofessional regardless if the warranty is voided, or if hit attitude is not correct, or the post place is not here. If I was in his position I would be more than angry and more than demanding. Now I can't say it should be that way but I can understand the frustration. Again this is assuming all his words are true and the story is not modified in any way to present ASUS in bad light. I would like some official statement from ASUS regarding the case. As we saw one side of the case lets see if ASUS representative would present the other. Just ignoring the case is not a good sign in my opinion (the forum may not be the correct one but the topic is already here).

They wouldn't know until the customer provides the receipt or once the unit has been disassembled and non-oem parts are found. We don't get any custom SKUing that tells the different resellers apart (Besides the B,BB, BBK SKU found on Best Buy units) There's no system that binds the serial number to any specific retailer unless the unit is registered online with ASUS by the consumer or reseller.

Generally with cases like this the customer is better off going to the reseller / retailer 1st (As long as the reseller/retailer PROVIDES a warranty)

We (resellers) have a direct line to ASUS support and can generally cut around the red tape that hinders the call center support.

rewben
02-28-2013, 03:55 PM
i do understand the frustrations; i guess no one could stay calm after being kicked around and ignored like that.

however, barking at the wrong tree doesn't help him either.

bignazpwns
02-28-2013, 07:21 PM
i do understand the frustrations; i guess no one could stay calm after being kicked around and ignored like that.

however, barking at the wrong tree doesn't help him either.

I think think he expects a response. He's hitting Asus where it hurts and that's the pocket. But if you ask other people about their RMA's this is all to common with Asus where they jerk you around or when you send something in for a RMA they either don't fix it, take a month to even look at it or send it back scratched up. All these have been documented on these forums from people. Its sad when I see people at a store looking at a Asus and they ask about a warranty and if it is good and I tell them its a joke and if they want a warranty buy a Dell because with a Asus chances are your going to wait a month or just be jerked around for a while.

LIke I said I know the yes man supervisor he talked to on the phone and that man does nothing to fix problems im not even sure what his job is other then getting you off the phone. Im still waiting on a phone call he said he would make to me on the fallowing Monday...From Oct. That guy flat out lies about stuff to you and misleads you and these are facts and if anyone would like I did record every phone conversation I had with him and saved my phone bill showing incoming calls from then and guess what no attempts from them to contact me.

Asus is ran like a playground of kids. I recall one day when a forum member on here was accused or something "Stealing property" and was instantly convicted by a Asus employee on these forums then this wonderful employee uploaded his ip number to the public. This was very dangerous but it just shows you what we are dealing with and they have pretty much no rules and do not care because he is still working for Asus and if that was done on any other tech forum that employee would of been fired on that day as if anyone looked into that ip they could of got close and found that guy and done something to him for a crime our Fuhrer I mean Mod. Judged him. Funny I thought as an American that user was innocent until proven guilty by a court of law and had something called due process.

Bottom line if Asus wants to get close to the top 10 companies for support they need to start firing people starting with those two and making some changes because any time someone says to me Asus and support I laugh. Its been going downhill really fast in the past few years and so much that the last time I had to rma a motherboard and it took 2 months I switched to EVGA for all of my benchmarking needs.

My advice for you is don't give up keep pushing them. Squeaky wheel gets the oil and from what I seen this is just a Asus tactic they do. Email them every day, Call them every day bug them as much as you can. File a complaint with the BBB and when they don't answer that file another one. It took 4 for them to respond to the BBB for me. Don't give up and don't let them win.

DeltaActual
02-28-2013, 07:37 PM
So, to sum this up: Asus got THE worst customer service. They better wake up, and do something about it. 'till then, i'll go with AW.

scarletvw
02-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Wall of text.

There is more to this story then he is letting on.

xeromist
02-28-2013, 09:05 PM
I recall one day when a forum member on here was accused or something "Stealing property" and was instantly convicted by a Asus employee on these forums then this wonderful employee uploaded his ip number to the public. This was very dangerous but it just shows you what we are dealing with and they have pretty much no rules and do not care because he is still working for Asus and if that was done on any other tech forum that employee would of been fired on that day as if anyone looked into that ip they could of got close and found that guy and done something to him for a crime our Fuhrer I mean Mod. Judged him. Funny I thought as an American that user was innocent until proven guilty by a court of law and had something called due process.

Your recollection is incomplete. The user in question was banned and the IP posted *AFTER* they admitted and flaunted that the laptop was stolen. Due process applies to the legal system, not punitive action between a business and an individual. If a business wants to shame and ban an admitted criminal from a private space it is within its rights to do so.

Clintlgm
02-28-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't know this is not the first time we have heard similar stories. I myself have had a much less drastic story myself. I did get my NB back fairly quickly and it was not damaged on in any worse condition than it was when I sent it in. The repair was not accomplished. I pretty much got it back just as I had sent it in. I still have no Right side speaker and there is no way I am sending back for this little problem again.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
02-28-2013, 09:24 PM
After reading some posts in here, the only thing i can say that is good about Asus here is Australia (please don't take this as being raciest) is that their CS is all based here and not overseas like HP/Dell and all the other companies where the person on the other end barely speaks 2 words of English and are near to impossible to understand. oh and their prices for a gaming laptop are cheaper by $1000 compared to Alienware, which is owned by dell and have overseas based CS.

scarletvw
02-28-2013, 09:48 PM
After reading some posts in here, the only thing i can say that is good about Asus here is Australia (please don't take this as being raciest) is that their CS is all based here and not overseas like HP/Dell and all the other companies where the person on the other end barely speaks 2 words of English and are near to impossible to understand. oh and their prices for a gaming laptop are cheaper by $1000 compared to Alienware, which is owned by dell and have overseas based CS.

Its not racist, its a fact. There are a bunch of moderators on here that seem as though they can barely speak english. Everything is better when its run from your own country.

chunli
02-28-2013, 10:33 PM
I just joined these forums so I've been reading around. I never even thought to look into a ROG forum. :) Definitely learning a lot about my laptop, etc.

I was a bit appalled reading some of the responses (namely dparish) to jpak's post. Apparently you have been lucky in life to never have dealt with horrible customer service and/or such frustration and rage that all grammar, politeness, and spelling concerns go out the window. I applaud you. To others that called him a troll, etc (assuming that everything he says is true which I don't doubt because Asus is infamous for their horrendous service), the troll is the one coming into someones thread and insulting them just for the sake of insulting. He was merely sharing his experience and doing all he could to hopefully bring some attention to his issue. If you have nothing to say to console him, then move on to the next post imo.

To jpak, a lot of us totally understand what you're going through. I sincerely hope it all works out for you. As others stated, sometimes...you have to be the persistent, annoyingly angry customer in order to get results. Its sad but true. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

bignazpwns
02-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Its not racist, its a fact. There are a bunch of moderators on here that seem as though they can barely speak english. Everything is better when its run from your own country.

Well Asus is not based in the US. I seen some post where the English was not to good but for the most part most post from the mods on here I can read pretty clear I never seen a language barrier.

When I called Asus a few times I always got perfectly English speaking people.

Places like Dell use India call centers where I have never been able to understand anyone. But the reason why Alienware's are so much not only is from the warrant but you have your own call number for support separate from dell where they are all based in America. This cost a ton of money for them to do this.

And even if you get someone who does not speak English good for any company you simply say I can not understand you can to please send me to someone who speaks English better. And they do.

chunli
02-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Last guy I spoke with from the RMA center said they were based in the Caribbean. And as bignazpwns pointed out, they're always willing to transfer you if you don't understand them. Granted, a lot of them do get insulted but hey...what can ya do.

bignazpwns
02-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Last guy I spoke with from the RMA center said they were based in the Caribbean. And as bignazpwns pointed out, they're always willing to transfer you if you don't understand them. Granted, a lot of them do get insulted but hey...what can ya do.

Should have no reason to get insulted. Clearly English is a second language for them most people in the U.S. cant even speak English for their first language. I know I live not to far from Detroit where "Dis" means This

chunli
02-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Should have no reason to get insulted. Clearly English is a second language for them most people in the U.S. cant even speak English for their first language. I know I live not to far from Detroit where "Dis" means This

One would only assume that there would be no reason to be insulted, yet sometimes they do. /shrug I live in LA where terms such as "fa sho" are used on a regular basis haha.

jpak2000
02-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Update Since time of post

I called Asus again on feb 27 2013. Spoke to the supervisor Mikael R. again. He said the same script again apologizing for my frustration and that he can't do anything. He then put me on hold for 2 hours before I hung up. I had a feeling he would do that so I called back on my 2nd line after 30 minutes of waiting all the while the first line was still on hold. I got in touch with a different supervisor, this time his namewas Devouy. He went though all the verification steps again. Told me he can't begin to understand the frustration. Told me all steps have been takin to achieve a resolution at the fastest time possible. He personally assured me he will escalate it again (3rd time now) to the top and get my case on top of the list for resolution. He told me he will personally call the service centers and relevant departments in the morning call me with a status update. I got his promise to call me back by noon.

Next day on Feb 28, 2013 he called me back as promised! WOW finally someone from Asus kept their word! He instructs me that he called around and truth be told they have no idea where my laptop is. It could be in Texas where the prepaid label originally shipped it out or it could be in California at a different service center. He assured me all steps are being taken to handle this at the fastest time possible. He told me the computers will update for sure by tonight with my laptops information.
It is now 3:00pm and still no update in the repair inquiry systems. I will give it till tomorrow till I escalate this to Xotic PC whom I purchased the laptop from.

To those trolling me about my grammar. Thanks for your suggestion but its honestly not worth my time. With all due respect, If it annoys you that much don't read it. I got my point across and am raising hell any way I know possible. Making the grammar perfect in every way to satisfy the grammar police is not going to make a difference or fix my frustration in any way. No further responses will be given to grammar.

Skull6
02-28-2013, 11:13 PM
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Even though it happens here more than elsewhere I've seen, it's rare to see someone come on to forums such as this with praise for their purchase--if all is going well, they're more than likely using their product in an enjoyable manner. I do feel the pain of those that have posted such issues here--don't get me wrong on this. But the receipt you receive when purchasing a product--even when it's an Asus product, will have the name of the 1st entity you need to contact when issues arise. & that entity is the company you purchased it from. If you contact them, take notes as to who you spoke with, when you spoke with them, what you stated was the issue & what their response was. If they can't fix the situation, then you go to the product manufacturer, informing them that one of their resellers is not providing proper and efficient support. I have had to learn this process the hard way. But every time I've had issues (& knock on wood, I haven't had any issues with my G75VW) with automation equipment, following the advice I've typed above has resulted in things getting corrected in a timely manner.

Oh, & whilst I certainly understand that you're upset, I'd also advise keeping a level head & a civil tongue when trying to get the problem resolved. Just because the individual you speak with works for the company you think is giving you the run-around, does not mean that they are not trying to help you. But...if you open the conversation with all guns blazing, they're sure to put their shields up--which means they won't want go the extra mile to help you. You gather more bees using honey than vinegar.

P.S. When I used the term "you" in the above text, I used it to mean "anyone that is having a computer issue"--it is not to be construed that I am directing it solely at jpak2000, as I am not. I am merely offering some hard-learned advice to all.

chrsplmr
03-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Yes .. agreed skull .. OP can trust that threats and anger get nothing .. sad if it looks that way ..
simply stating your case and staying on task politely gets it done the same ..
the people .. ok most that you encounter @ asus truly want to help in every way they can ..
such as here on the forum ..
threats mean nothing .. to the person you are trying to get to help you .. other than adding
grief to their day .. which they do not want or need ..
bbb is laughable at best to a billion dollar giant like asus .. flamers harm only themselves in this.
and Cudos to Devouy .. where ever you are.
We All truly hope this works out for you ... and you remain on as a ROG Member helping others.

OP++ for hanging in there .. afterall you are only asking for fairness .. a working G74sx.c.

jpak2000
03-01-2013, 02:32 AM
update 6:32 pm
no update on my laptop as was promised. Forwarded case to Xotic PC to light the fire under Asus. Ill keep posting updates as I get them.

tkolarik
03-01-2013, 05:05 AM
His only real option is file a civil suit against Asus in the county where he lives. The states Secretary of State maintains a list of registered agents (attorneys usually) for any company who sells a product in that state. Sent them a registered letter giving them a reasonable,time to repair or replace the unit, like 30 days.

Then file suit for the fair market value plus court costs.

He can't do a charge back on credit card it has been too long. The state attorney general only deals with violations of the law not violating a warranty. If his state has a Governor's office of consumer affairs, its possible they could be helpful.

DRAKON
03-01-2013, 07:36 AM
They wouldn't know until the customer provides the receipt or once the unit has been disassembled and non-oem parts are found. We don't get any custom SKUing that tells the different resellers apart (Besides the B,BB, BBK SKU found on Best Buy units) There's no system that binds the serial number to any specific retailer unless the unit is registered online with ASUS by the consumer or reseller.

Generally with cases like this the customer is better off going to the reseller / retailer 1st (As long as the reseller/retailer PROVIDES a warranty)

We (resellers) have a direct line to ASUS support and can generally cut around the red tape that hinders the call center support.

What does the reseller warranty or changed parts have to do with the poor customer service? They could just take the laptop, disassemble it, see that warranty was violated, assemble it and ship it back. What is so hard about that? Do you need some very special skills to do it? I don't think so.

To be honest if I have read about this before buying ASUS I wouldn't buy it at all. Not only nobody from ASUS responds to this but some reseller decides to blame the customer because he wants to know what is going on with HIS PROPERTY! Are you kidding me here?

I do not have problems with my laptop but I'm already frustrated as he is. This is not how you build reputation and this is not how you build trust!

rewben
03-01-2013, 09:10 AM
wo calm down guys. it's frustrated to read all these :/

let's us take the mess one at a time:
1. find out where the laptop is; it shouldn't be so hard with the tracking number and all i think;
2. send it back to the OP so that he can proceed with xoticpc warranty service.

(i know it can be simpler but only god knows what else are in between that might complicate things)

bignazpwns
03-01-2013, 09:33 AM
What does the reseller warranty or changed parts have to do with the poor customer service? They could just take the laptop, disassemble it, see that warranty was violated, assemble it and ship it back. What is so hard about that? Do you need some very special skills to do it? I don't think so.

To be honest if I have read about this before buying ASUS I wouldn't buy it at all. Not only nobody from ASUS responds to this but some reseller decides to blame the customer because he wants to know what is going on with HIS PROPERTY! Are you kidding me here?

I do not have problems with my laptop but I'm already frustrated as he is. This is not how you build reputation and this is not how you build trust!

Sadly this is nothing new with Asus. And this is something I tell everyone who says the word Asus. I tell them to look at how their support is and the overall rating of their RMA's They then end up buying a EVGA, Alienware or other product lol.

chrsplmr
03-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Sadly this is nothing new with Asus. And this is something I tell everyone who says the word Asus. I tell them to look at how their support is and the overall rating of their RMA's They then end up buying a EVGA, Alienware or other product lol.

So That's how you PWN .. very tricky .. I was just pointing @ All the World Records .. and how few actual problems there are ..
do 'they' ever wonder then why You have a ROG ??? hahhahaha ... very clever.c.

Shawnnepc
03-01-2013, 02:59 PM

Knowing how the system works, it's possible that the laptop was sent to an ASP repair center and the techs are sitting on the unit because of non-oem parts. Depending on the ASP, they may not have submitted any information to ASUS which would explain why ASUS hasn't responded yet.

I understand that the OP is frustrated and he/she has every right to be and truly the blame doesn't fall on him/her. I'm more annoyed that the other retailers hide the fact that they'll potentially voiding their customers warranty by making unauthorized modifications to these units and NOT informing the customer of the potential issues down the road.

I sent the OP my contact info in case he doesn't receive a response from ASUS soon. There's not a lot I can do since we're not the reseller for this customer, but I can at least get the correct people involved.

rewben
03-01-2013, 03:29 PM
nice, @Shawnnepc :)

HiVizMan
03-01-2013, 03:42 PM
update 6:32 pm
no update on my laptop as was promised. Forwarded case to Xotic PC to light the fire under Asus. Ill keep posting updates as I get them.

Hello jpak2000 - first of all I am truely sorry that you have had such a torrid time. I am not overly impressed with the manner that some (not all) people are treated when reporting or submitting an issue to ASUS. However there are some good folks out there who will go the extra mile for all ASUS users.

Have you contacted any of the ROG customer service guys who are on our forum yet? They tend to have names like this bloke. cl-Albert (http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?105838-cl-Albert) shoot him a pm and let him get on the case for you.

XOTICPC
03-01-2013, 05:04 PM
jpak2000 I am very sorry to hear of these issues. I sympathize with your issue, rest assured we are here to help. :) With being in a group of the top sellers of ASUS Notebooks we are here to help and have dedicated account reps to help assist. From my understanding you just reached out to us last evening @ 6:50PM CST. We have sent a request to our contacts @ ASUS within 30 minutes of your email. We have representatives that work outside of business hours and immediately sent the request to ASUS (@ 7:15PM) and I show Tanner in our Service team sent you a couple emails at 7:57 and 9:45PM last night. We will get right on top of ASUS and do the best we can to get this sorted out for you. I again am sorry you are having these issues with working with ASUS. Please continue working with our Service Manager Tanner and he will help you with this issue. Should you want to PM me direct please do not hesitate doing so. :) Thanks again for sending us a link to this thread.

edited by Hivizman - not required for the purposes of this thread.

Lets keep to helping this customer and we will gladly help jpak2000 get this resolved as we would any other customer we customized their ASUS Notebook.

rewben
03-01-2013, 05:20 PM
seriously, @XOTICPC? if that's the case (i understand custom parts are not warranted by ASUS) i am getting this all wrong and i can change the parts myself?! THAT'S AWESOME!!!

i know you guys can do this and that but as a customer like us, can we really do the same!?

StereoROG
03-01-2013, 05:24 PM
That's costumer care right there!

Thumbs up for XOTICPC

Shawnnepc
03-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Edited by Hivizman as not required for the purposes of this thread.

HiVizMan
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Shawn and XOTIC PC person please do take any further discussions to PM :)

Thank you.

DRAKON
03-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Shawn and XOTIC PC person please do take any further discussions to PM :)

Ok, I do agree that it came a little bit out of topic but I think they reached another interesting point. Is the warranty violated if parts are replaced? Based on the link by Shawnnepc about the ASUS representative I only understood that you better remove the upgrades because if they replace the laptop they will not sent them back to you...

HiVizMan
03-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Ok, I do agree that it came a little bit out of topic but I think they reached another interesting point. Is the warranty violated if parts are replaced? Based on the link by Shawnnepc about the ASUS representative I only understood that you better remove the upgrades because if they replace the laptop they will not sent them back to you...

You will need to refer that question to your specific terms and conditions. I think that each region, and certainly certain vendors might have their own unique T&C. So it is very difficult for me to provide you with a definitive answer. If you would like to know about your region it might be a good idea to contact the Bulgarian ASUS representation, or the store you bought your product from. :)

XOTICPC
03-01-2013, 05:56 PM
seriously, @XOTICPC? if that's the case (i understand custom parts are not warranted by ASUS) i am getting this all wrong and i can change the parts myself?! THAT'S AWESOME!!!

i know you guys can do this and that but as a customer like us, can we really do the same!?

Hello! I am only speaking on our arrangment with ASUS. As for end user themselves I understand your desire to do so but I can not comment on that. As stated previously that was removed the ASUS Warranties on our machines remain 100% in tact although it is customized by us. :) No problems whatsoever. If built by us no ASUS Warranty is violated to be 100% clear.

rewben
03-01-2013, 06:12 PM
ah.. got it. hopefully the OP get the proper care that he deserves. thanks for dropping by, @XOTICPC.

XOTICPC
03-01-2013, 06:15 PM
ah.. got it. hopefully the OP get the proper care that he deserves. thanks for dropping by, @XOTICPC.

For sure! He is in good hands. Nice community here! Sorry we had to make our first post over a issue coming up with this customers laptop. We will be sticking around and help where we can! :)

chrsplmr
03-01-2013, 06:37 PM
A simple polite email to the original custom retailer and within 30 minutes ... ect. ect.

Welcome to ROG XoticPC ..

ShawnNEPC+ .........c.

bignazpwns
03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
For sure! He is in good hands. Nice community here! Sorry we had to make our first post over a issue coming up with this customers laptop. We will be sticking around and help where we can! :)

And Glad we now have a rep on the forums who makes stuff right and works with people.

And I like what I see comes in and handles this issue for the guy and the sig shows the phone number that that's easy to find to get a hold of them in the days now when getting a phone number is like pulling teeth and you would think these places were with the KGB because you can never find a number when you need one.

Clintlgm
03-01-2013, 07:07 PM
I agree thumbs up XOTICPC

DRAKON
03-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the answers but I have no intention in changing parts.I wanted to understand correctly the warranty situation. If I understand it right bigger resellers have personal arrangements with ASUS. In any case I hope that this case will be resolved soon. Just wished it didn't require the resellers intervention. Do not get me wrong I appreciate it but it shouldn't be the case.

Skull6
03-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the answers but I have no intention in changing parts.I wanted to understand correctly the warranty situation. If I understand it right bigger resellers have personal arrangements with ASUS. In any case I hope that this case will be resolved soon. Just wished it didn't require the resellers intervention. Do not get me wrong I appreciate it but it shouldn't be the case.

Unless you purchase an item directly from the manufacturer, dealing with the reseller first when an issue arises is a fact of life, my friend.

DRAKON
03-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Unless you purchase an item directly from the manufacturer, dealing with the reseller first when an issue arises is a fact of life, my friend.

Maybe for ASUS it is. For VAIO I don't need to.

bignazpwns
03-01-2013, 09:44 PM

Only if they do not support their product.

I had Alienwares I bought new and used and I have a issues I call up dell the next day my system is being fixed in my house no bs. And dell/alienware is not the only ones I will say for a fact that Asus is the worst to deal with for problems even if you buy direct from them. Its so bad whatever you retail's return policy is that is your warranty from Asus lol.

Just nice to see the first thing XoticPC does here is handle this problem something that Asus would not even touch.

chunli
03-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Yep. My laptop was purchased through XoticPC as well and they definitely do take the extra step to make sure their customers are taken care of.

jpak2000
03-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Update as of 3/1/2013 At 5:46 PM

"Have not heard anything from Asus directly. System still does not show my system on their website. Tanner from Xotic PC has been a great help so far and have contacted me already 3x regarding this issue with updates within the last 24 hours as opposed to Asus's 1 time. Thanks Xotic.
From Xotic PC Tanner
I have not heard back from Asus yet regarding this but i will continue to keep emailing our contacts there daily until they respond with a solution. Lately, they have been emailing after hours but since it is Friday, I doubt that they will.
I will let you know if they respond today or tonight and I will send you updates as I have them. "

So Xotic is also on them but they haven't got a reply either yet. From yesterdays earlier Email with tanner@Xotic...

"I understand that the prepaid label Asus has originally sent me arrived at the Texas location but that is the wrong service center altogether and has to go to the CA service center. Asus told Tanner@Xotic that they sent a request to find it, it will be 2 day aired to the correct service center and they will do what they can to expedite the repair."

So to sum it all up, they put in numerous expedited requests since the day I started complaining and have yet to locate the computer at the Texas facility. They have yet to confirm nor deny that it is in their possession besides the tracking number confirmation I provided from their Prepaid label. At this point the BBB is also on the case and has sent them a message to resolve this issue.

I will post updates as I get them to keep the ROG community informed. Thanks for all your support guys! Also thanks to Shawnnepc for a sending me a PM offering to help directly but I will let Xotic handle it for now!

Also I have contacted CL-albert from the ROG forums and he told me there is nothing he can do to help me besides forwarding my complaint and message to the higher ups.

cl-Albert
03-02-2013, 02:36 AM
Hi jpak2000,

I hope my PM was not too vague, but I just wanted to make it clear that I may not be able to get everything done and as quickly as you want (so you may want to keep other people involved if necessary) although I am keeping an eye on this and trying to help with what I can.

Feel free to check with me if there may be anything I can help with, but at this point, it sounds like we may just need to wait for the correct service center to receive your notebook before anything else can happen.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Albert

chrsplmr
03-02-2013, 02:41 AM
hahahhahhaaa ... like spitting out the window of a car going 100mph ....
missing what is being said by the gps ....

EDIT: nothing to do with the above post which was being posted
at the same time ...

jpak2000
03-02-2013, 07:56 AM
update 7:02 pm on 3/1/2013

Tanner@xotic got back to me letting me know that "he has been notified Asus will be setting up a replacement for me. He will try to finalize the details for me and try to get the specifics to make sure the replacement is of similar specifications. No timeline is given.

Woot Tanner@Xotic providing some results for me!! I should have just worked with them from the start, now I know. I've yet to receive information on if it will be a new non-defective machine or if it is a refurbished (and potentially defective machine) but well see. Also I don't know if it is a machine comparable to the upgrades done by Xotic, for example upgraded network card to Intel centrino and upgraded to 16gb ram but well see.

For now this is a small victory and I'll take it. I will let you all know how this all plays out with further updates as I get them.

bignazpwns
03-02-2013, 08:09 AM
update 7:02 pm on 3/1/2013

Tanner@xotic got back to me letting me know that "he has been notified Asus will be setting up a replacement for me. He will try to finalize the details for me and try to get the specifics to make sure the replacement is of similar specifications. No timeline is given.

Woot Tanner@Xotic providing some results for me!! I should have just worked with them from the start, now I know. I've yet to receive information on if it will be a new non-defective machine or if it is a refurbished (and potentially defective machine) but well see. Also I don't know if it is a machine comparable to the upgrades done by Xotic, for example upgraded network card to Intel centrino and upgraded to 16gb ram but well see.

For now this is a small victory and I'll take it. I will let you all know how this all plays out with further updates as I get them.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil my friend. By how this pretty much was blown up I see them sending you a new unit and chances are someone will check it out before they send it out to make you happy and shut you up lol aka give you the oil. But then again it is Asus and they could just send out out a beat up referb because they just don't care about some things. But i'm hoping its a new unit for you. Over the years Asus has stepped on a lot of toes and they need to do things like this to help out their rep because the service is a joke but if they go make good on this i'll chalk up a point for them but they need a ton more for me to recommend anyone their products if another brand with the same specs is the same price.

Andili
03-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Please keep us updated.
Good luck

Apexing
03-02-2013, 04:09 PM
This was resolved after he got in contact with the people he purchased it from.
Which he should have done in the first place IMO.

chrsplmr
03-02-2013, 04:34 PM
.. blazingly fast without issue. Splendid. I hope it is a perfect G74sx.
(i wonder if the upgrades were removed before shipping so it is as ordered in the end.
exactly as paid for.).c.

jpak2000
03-05-2013, 03:34 AM
tanner@xoticpc got back to me today at 4pm. Seems Asus is offering to replace my G74SX-A1 with a G75VW-DH72. This is great news to me and I'm very excited. I have no status on when it will be shipped to me or if its new or refurbished but hopefully I will get that information soon.

Thanks for all your support guys and Ill keep you updated as I get more info!

Clintlgm
03-05-2013, 04:02 AM
Yea that's a good one, same as mine

chrsplmr
03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
jpak2000 .. great news .. I hope you consider reviewing and editing your original post to reflect
the outcome and the actual time to turn this around once you accessed the proper resources ..
(4 days with a weekEnd in the middle) and acknowledge that your success was Not due to rants and threats but the right things being done right by yourself, xotic and Asus.
Replacing your G74 with a $2000 G75 - 2 years after original purchase? Impressive,
You are one lucky ROG'y. Congrats on this.

You can see by your experience, once 'here', that everyone involved is more than willing and
happy to help. ROG'on friend.
May you find the lights always on and Someone always 'home'.c.

dstrakele
03-05-2013, 06:06 PM
You sound as if you believe this issue is resolved, Chris. I remain skeptical, based on past similar threads (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?13143-Asus-RMA-USA-(Horrible-Experience and http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26339-G75VW-DS72-A-Major-Mistake).

All I've read here so far is a lot of talk... and no action. I want to read about a truly satisfactory resolution for a change.

chrsplmr
03-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Ouch .. that was a nasty piece of business. We would hope it would be better after a year.
[wonder whatever became of that.btw]
U know I want this right as much as the OP .. I have long held that these issues do more
harm than all the marketing on the planet could repair.
For the precision that asian workplaces can be, [i saw first hand sony vaio's first u.s.call center]
I see none of that in the RMA/support departments.
Rants and Threats however produce even less positive results than these contracted services.

It seems simple enough to fix. Those contracting to provide these services are stealing from all of 'us'.
[[wouldn't ya love to get eyes on these operations to know just what the 'real' story is ??]]
Although the link above is an extreme exception considering the RMA volume .. many times 'we' have
all said when it is 'us' .. it is One too many.c.

Shawnnepc
03-06-2013, 12:01 AM
You sound as if you believe this issue is resolved, Chris. I remain skeptical, based on past similar threads (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?13143-Asus-RMA-USA-(Horrible-Experience and http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26339-G75VW-DS72-A-Major-Mistake).

All I've read here so far is a lot of talk... and no action. I want to read about a truly satisfactory resolution for a change.

Xotic is behind him on this one. I have no doubt they will be able to gather the resources and get his unit replaced with the one that ASUS is upgrading him to.

jpak2000
03-06-2013, 07:03 PM
3/6/2013 11:04am update
Waiting on Asus to give Tanner@Xotic an ETA for replacement.

As always will keep everyone updated as I get updates. Thanks for support!

vintagepimpage
03-06-2013, 11:52 PM
What most confuses me in the OP is: "Your company drove me to the point where I had to spend money and buy a new laptop because I absolutely have to have a laptop for school. I purchased the Asus Vivobook s200 model a month ago in order to hold me down."

If a company isn't providing you the service you expect don't turn around and give them your money again...

vintagepimpage
03-07-2013, 12:23 AM
I really want to like ASUS... They make some great hardware and they innovate. Their support however... such a hindrance for me.

Which is why I would never extend my warranty through them. I got the SquareTrade warranty. 5 day guarantee on repairs. Haven't had to use it, don't know if anyone here has. I'm hoping it's as good as it's purported to be.

powerbench
03-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi everyone,

I am not suprised. I had one experience with ASUS "customer service" after spending over 5G in the last 14 months on their products, which showed me their orientation to serve their customers, as a rule now I go with the company with the best warranty.

jpak2000
03-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Just updating everyone...so far nothing from Asus. Tanner @Xoticpc has been contacting them daily trying to get shipment information and no one is getting back to him.

@vintagepimpage: I agree that if a company isn't servicing you, you should probably think twice before giving them more money but the ultrabook was rated high, good specs and super cheap. Not everyone has a bad experience with Asus so I guess I'm hoping that they don't screw me twice haha. (Hopefully that doesn't come around and bite me)

chrsplmr
03-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I am not suprised. I had one experience with ASUS "customer service" after spending over 5G in the last 14 months on their products, which showed me their orientation to serve their customers, as a rule now I go with the company with the best warranty.

As a rule I go with the company with the best hardware .. and then to this forum for support.
Best of Luck.c.

dstrakele
03-10-2013, 11:40 PM
But how can THIS forum help you with Alienware laptops?

;>{) >

chrsplmr
03-11-2013, 02:27 AM
But how can THIS forum help you with Alienware laptops?

;>{) >
hahahhaha ... brotherDstrakele .. hahaha .. I said, 'best hardware', said Nothing of
Laptops. Dollar for dollar ??? ROG, everytime for me.c.

dstrakele
03-11-2013, 04:42 AM
Yeah, I know... I was just messin' with ya! I'll probably be building a desktop with ASUS hardware in the near future.

bignazpwns
03-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Yeah, I know... I was just messin' with ya! I'll probably be building a desktop with ASUS hardware in the near future.

I use to only use the high end Asus mobos but after the crap rpma's and server i switched to EVGA and Gigabyte.

dstrakele
03-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Did you find EVGA and/or Gigabyte's RMA and Customer Service to be superior? I'm starting to believe that Repair Services, particularly if contracted out, are universally lousy.

chrsplmr
03-11-2013, 01:24 PM
I know my friend. None of us are happy with the RMA situation or the perception it casts on what is here. DellApples .. hahhaa

I use to only use the high end Asus mobos but after the crap rpma's and server i switched to EVGA and Gigabyte.
Don't cheat your self or your clients, treat yourself. ROG.
The fact of the matter is, and I am positive you know this, if the equipment is purchased from a reputable
re/e-tailer with a decent return policy and the equipment received is immediately inspected and put through
it's paces before the return time runs out .. then, no problem. 'They' are responsible, by retailing agreement,
for returns .. ect.
Once this time has expired and there is an issue, as long as the owner has registered the equipment and
and .. here is the important part .. gets eyes on the hardware .. ie .. [PM's] a cl- [Customer Loyalty Rep]
here on the forum .. there is rarely an issue with an RMA. It simply gets walked through.
The cases that can be pointed to as coming up empty are far and few in between compared to those that
are flawless.
I am equally sure that you are also aware that the lion's share of Rma's .. are user error and many other
reasons, other than bad equipment.
Said with all due respect as I can see you know your way around the equipment.c.

jpak2000
03-12-2013, 03:13 AM
Update 3/11/13
Have been waiting for Asus to ship my replacement and provide tracking. Tanner@Xotic has been emailing everyday and it seems he was told by Asus today that the replacement will ship out tomorrow. Ill keep you all updated.

JwPwns
03-12-2013, 07:34 AM
how about go over to dell forum and see how many complaints they have! this is forum and its for people who needs service will be on here searching for help, that's why you see these "complaints" is because this is where they belong to. Why don't you see the other millions of G series having problems or RMA huh? exactly. Now go back to your dell, you dell fanboy. Last time i called dell service they were using indian reps and speak english even worst than I did. I paid them $180 for service plans and all they did was install bunch of bloat softwares and lag the **** out of my dell. If they are so good, why are you even here? sigh.. if you are for cheap machines, move over to lenovo or something. High end machines go over to origin and drop 5k. I don't get why you are on this place though

Shawnnepc
03-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Update 3/11/13
Have been waiting for Asus to ship my replacement and provide tracking. Tanner@Xotic has been emailing everyday and it seems he was told by Asus today that the replacement will ship out tomorrow. Ill keep you all updated.

W00t! That's awesome :D

chrsplmr
03-12-2013, 02:09 PM
W00t! That's awesome :D
May I Second That.
The 'tons' mentioned are miniscule in contrast to those satisfied.
Clearly Asus's focus is 'the miniscule' detail 24 Hours a Day.
Great effort in thinking forward. Cudos there.

*** btw .. imo, what was deleted should of stood as said.
i understand why it was. i agree with all other actions taken.
Sorry to all.

dstrakele
03-14-2013, 06:21 PM
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?30516-ASUS-G73JH-Black-Screen-CRASH discusses how replacement laptops have previously been handled. I recommend you be proactive, @jpak, to avoid a similar fate.

jpak2000
03-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Update 3/14/2013 5:15pm pst

I received my laptop yesterday through overnight shipping from Asus. They sent me a refurbished g75vw as promised. I have used the laptop now for a couple hours and so far everything seems to be working without defect. The keyboard works flawlessly for once and I do not have the horizontal line issue that some people have been describing. So far so good, I haven't tried out any graphics intensive games yet so I'll let you know how that goes once I have time.

So far from first impressions, I am happy, satisfied and feel whole again. It appears I did not get a defective replacement product. I would like to thank you all for your support and also thank Tanner@XoticPC for his hard work on my behalf to get me a resolution to my problem that I can be satisfied with. He has been emailing me at least once everyday without me having to follow up at all and it has been wonderful. He even negotiated my upgraded replacement. That is the way customer support should be in a perfect world. I am certain that it was because of all the attention this forum community has placed on this issue and the hard work from Tanner@XoticPC that got my issue resolved in a satisfactory manner.

I would also like to thank Asus for resolving this issue with Tanner@Xotic PC and biting the bullet and doing the "right thing" by replacing my laptop with an upgraded model. They could have replaced it with the same old model with the defects if they wanted too but instead they decided to send me the upgraded newer model so I do appreciate that, It does make me feel better about Asus products.

Despite this, I do wish that I did not have to go to such lengths in order to get this issue resolved. I wish that Asus could have handled the issue correctly with me rather than forcing me to go on forums and asking my reseller for help. As bignapwns said. "the sweeky wheel gets the grease" couldn't be said more perfectly. I honestly do not believe this issue would have been resolved to my satisfaction without this communities help.
Thank you!!! And most of all thank you Tanner@XoticPC you have been awesome.

I will post at least another update in a week or 2 to let you all know how its going.

dstrakele
03-15-2013, 01:21 AM
Now THAT is good news! Glad to hear it!

chrsplmr
03-15-2013, 02:40 AM
Fantastic. Please do update us. I hope you remain as pleased as you obviously are now.

I do still take exception to this comment however: "the sweeky wheel gets the grease"
but only to the point of the anger and threats in the original first few posts.
That got you nowhere and never would have.

The fact of the matter is that once you contacted the original retailer this was straightened out.
If you would of stayed in touch with XoticPC many of your problems never would have gotten this
out of hand. [[ OP. Im not saying this to you really, but to the next. ]]

Cudos to you for your perserverance in this however and Bravo.
Welcome to ROG.c.

chrsplmr
03-20-2013, 03:56 PM
jpack2000 .. Howz that bad boy work'n out for ya ???

bignazpwns
03-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Update 3/14/2013 5:15pm pst

I received my laptop yesterday through overnight shipping from Asus. They sent me a refurbished g75vw as promised. I have used the laptop now for a couple hours and so far everything seems to be working without defect. The keyboard works flawlessly for once and I do not have the horizontal line issue that some people have been describing. So far so good, I haven't tried out any graphics intensive games yet so I'll let you know how that goes once I have time.

So far from first impressions, I am happy, satisfied and feel whole again. It appears I did not get a defective replacement product. I would like to thank you all for your support and also thank Tanner@XoticPC for his hard work on my behalf to get me a resolution to my problem that I can be satisfied with. He has been emailing me at least once everyday without me having to follow up at all and it has been wonderful. He even negotiated my upgraded replacement. That is the way customer support should be in a perfect world. I am certain that it was because of all the attention this forum community has placed on this issue and the hard work from Tanner@XoticPC that got my issue resolved in a satisfactory manner.

I would also like to thank Asus for resolving this issue with Tanner@Xotic PC and biting the bullet and doing the "right thing" by replacing my laptop with an upgraded model. They could have replaced it with the same old model with the defects if they wanted too but instead they decided to send me the upgraded newer model so I do appreciate that, It does make me feel better about Asus products.

Despite this, I do wish that I did not have to go to such lengths in order to get this issue resolved. I wish that Asus could have handled the issue correctly with me rather than forcing me to go on forums and asking my reseller for help. As bignapwns said. "the sweeky wheel gets the grease" couldn't be said more perfectly. I honestly do not believe this issue would have been resolved to my satisfaction without this communities help.
Thank you!!! And most of all thank you Tanner@XoticPC you have been awesome.

I will post at least another update in a week or 2 to let you all know how its going.

Glad your happy but i feel they should of sent you a NEW VX. But then again they dont really care and it seems like Xoticpc was pushing them. So i'll give this win to Tanner at Xotic in strong arming Asus to do the right thing.