PDA

View Full Version : G75VX Custom Built-to-Order Website?

Keflin
02-28-2013, 04:15 AM
Greetings Programs!

I am in the market for a new laptop and I would like to know if there is a website where I can go to build a custom configuration G75VX, and then order it. If anyone has a URL, please let me know - thanks.

Chino
02-28-2013, 04:30 AM
The first website that comes to mind is XOTIC PC (http://www.xoticpc.com/). Unfortunately they don't have the G75VX in stock yet. Maybe you can keep checking back to see when they have it.

bignazpwns
03-01-2013, 12:16 AM
How custom do you want to go. XOTIC PC is a good one but if you want anything more custom really only a guy who builds them out of his house will be the way to go and you will lose your warranty. But people like that usually take off all the asus bloat ware and give you fresh system installs set up your system pretty much perfect because they work on a case by case set up. I bought one off a guy who did this and I must say it was pretty nice he went thought the whole thing after he replaced the stuff with what I wanted and installed a internal usb hub, induction charger for the palmrest for my phone and a ton of other stuff. Basically I just picked it up so I could check him out and see the work he does and help support a guy who was going up against the big companies so I could post on some forums about his work and it was nice. I will warn you that for every guy who does a quality job there at 20 kids who will do more harm then good and 10 who will take your money and run.

Keflin
03-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. However, I will likely end up waiting until either XOTIC PC or PowerNotebooks.com or some other vendor carries the G75VX, and then order from them. I'm patient, and I can wait. By autumn though, I will need to buy one as close to my specifications as possible so that it can support my rigorous programming and game engine/simulation designing. Afterward, I can upgrade/customize it. I also need to be mobile, thus the choice to go with a powerful notebook.

Essentially I'm looking at the following for my G75VX:
- i7-3940XM Extreme Edition (3.0GHz - 3.9GHz, 8MB Intel Smart Cache)
- 32GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
- 17.3" 1920x1080p display
- 512GB SSD SATA-III Boot/OS Drive
- 1TB (I can settle for 750GB) 7200rpm SATA-II (with SSD caching)
- 6X Blu-Ray Writer/Reader + 8X DVDRW/CDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
- Bigfoot Networks Killer™ Wireless-N 1103 (3x3) (Dual Band)
- Windows 7 Professional - 64-Bit (there is no way I'm using Windows 8!)
- 12-cell battery

bignazpwns
03-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. However, I will likely end up waiting until either XOTIC PC or PowerNotebooks.com or some other vendor carries the G75VX, and then order from them. I'm patient, and I can wait. By autumn though, I will need to buy one as close to my specifications as possible so that it can support my rigorous programming and game engine/simulation designing. Afterward, I can upgrade/customize it. I also need to be mobile, thus the choice to go with a powerful notebook.

Essentially I'm looking at the following for my G75VX:
- i7-3940XM Extreme Edition (3.0GHz - 3.9GHz, 8MB Intel Smart Cache)
- 32GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
- 17.3" 1920x1080p display
- 512GB SSD SATA-III Boot/OS Drive
- 1TB (I can settle for 750GB) 7200rpm SATA-II (with SSD caching)
- 6X Blu-Ray Writer/Reader + 8X DVDRW/CDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
- Bigfoot Networks Killer™ Wireless-N 1103 (3x3) (Dual Band)
- Windows 7 Professional - 64-Bit (there is no way I'm using Windows 8!)
- 12-cell battery

You will have issues with a VX using a GTX 670MX and a Extreme edition CPU. My VW can run my 3940XM just fine but it looks like the jump from the 42w gpu to the 75w tacked the system to the point it can run it. Soon as I hit a full load or close to it the system reboots.

But with those specs you are better off with a Sager using a 3820qm and 2 GTZ 680M's that will smoke that system for the same price. And 32gigs of ram is nice if your using a ram disk however unless you do card work or photoshop you will never need more then 8gigs of ram gaming. For the price of the extra ram and what you would spent on that ex i7 you can add a second GTX 680 and go to a 3820qm that will be a way way way bigger upgrade in performance.

But for what your looking for go with a Sager. For the same price you would spend you can get a system way faster as Asus is entry gaming and performance systems and Sager is the highend performance systems. After you use one with 2 GTX 680's you will wonder why you ever even looked a a Asus. Also the NP9570 uses LGA 2011 what kills the mobile CPU's. You want power how about a desktop i7 3930K 6core and that's just $300 on the upgrade and will kill any mobile i7. I used a NP9570 and the thing was a monster and I can tell you on a bad day that thing killed the Asus and made it look like a netbook it was impressive and with the specs you listed and the price it will be that NP9570 is in your price range and will better suit you. And to be honest with you it will be the next Sager I pick up here when my tax's get back. It was that impressive.

noun206
03-02-2013, 02:57 AM
I am planning to buy G75vx model, it has (below) my question is: can I replace the slow hard drive? And if so is it beginner friendly to do so? Was thinking of replacing it with the faster 7200 rpm ones. Any help would be much appreciated.

Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor 2.4 GHz
8 GB DDR3
1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
17.3-Inch Screen, NV GTX670MX with 3GB GDDR5
Windows 8

bignazpwns
03-02-2013, 03:43 AM
I am planning to buy G75vx model, it has (below) my question is: can I replace the slow hard drive? And if so is it beginner friendly to do so? Was thinking of replacing it with the faster 7200 rpm ones. Any help would be much appreciated.

Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor 2.4 GHz
8 GB DDR3
1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
17.3-Inch Screen, NV GTX670MX with 3GB GDDR5
Windows 8

Yeah you can. Its one screw in the bottom and the panel just pops off and there are guides on doing this. You will need to download the windows 8 home prem 64bit iso. Your serial for that is built into the system so you wont need to install it. There is also some Disk cloning software but when you get it just get some dvds post in the forum and I will tell you how to make a set of recovery disk so you just slap the hdd in and use those to install everything to your new drive.

HDD option for you.

Another 1tb 7200rpm Samsung sping point and then raid them. The drive will be a 2tb drive and pretty fast, faster then a single 7,200 rpm drive.

A 750gig Seagate mon. XT. Very nice drives about $140 7,200rpm with a 8gig ssd to cache for you.

About $200 you can get a 120gig Intel 520. Very nice. Its a intel so that sums it up. Its a sandforce so you get the speed but the firmware is better then the other sandforce drives so its stable.

noun206
03-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Thanks, I'm planning to head down tomorrow and buy this one then. If anyone is interested I did alot of research and this is a really good deal for a gaming laptop that will lasts for years (pretty sure). Your knowledge was very helpful, I will sure do that, I'll post my new laptop real soon :) and the upgrades I plan to buy to share for others.

Model: G75VX-BHI7N1(Best Buy) 1SKU: 7674057:

3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM processor
Intel® Core™ i7 processor
8GB DDR3 memory
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
1TB hard drive (5400 rpm)
NVIDIA GTX 670MX graphics
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit

rewben
03-02-2013, 04:30 PM
g75vx, customizable - found this (http://www.hidevolution.com/asus-g75vx-bhi7n09-i7-3gb-nvidia-gtx-670mx-17-3.html) in hidevolution.com

bignazpwns
03-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Remember with bestbuy you can take it back or exchange it for upto 30 days if you have a problem with it. When you get it check your temps make sure all the ports work the display has no lines or dead pixles and all that.

noun206
03-06-2013, 02:51 AM
Samsung SSD's are on a big sale right now for 3 days on Newegg, how many can i put in my G75VX 17" ? Is it possible to put 3x 256GB SSD's? There's a picture of the two square hdd looking things when i do open the back are these the only two slots where i can remove and put 2 SSDS, or HDD, or SSH? Or is there a 3rd slot in my notebook where I can't get to making it 3 places total? When it states you can upgrade are they only talking about these two places right when you take off the plate? Just wondering so I know to either get 2 or 3 SSD/SSH and raid0

rewben
03-06-2013, 04:06 AM
yes it is possible with the replacement of the dvdrom with a sata-to-sata hdd caddy. note that this hdd caddy can only run at sata2 (3GB/s).

normally we refer to the 2 hdd bays (both running sata3, 6GB/s) for upgrades.

bignazpwns
03-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Samsung SSD's are on a big sale right now for 3 days on Newegg, how many can i put in my G75VX 17" ? Is it possible to put 3x 256GB SSD's? There's a picture of the two square hdd looking things when i do open the back are these the only two slots where i can remove and put 2 SSDS, or HDD, or SSH? Or is there a 3rd slot in my notebook where I can't get to making it 3 places total? When it states you can upgrade are they only talking about these two places right when you take off the plate? Just wondering so I know to either get 2 or 3 SSD/SSH and raid0

Do you do card work? Photoshop work? Move files that are about 30gig +? If you say no you will not see a performance in a single ssd vs 2 in RAIDO. Your boot times will be slower since you will now have to load raid drivers before you boot windows. Wont made your games load any faster or anything like that. Just look nice in disk benchmarks.

If you wanna raid some drives in 0 i would raid 2 Seagate XTs 750gigs short stroke them at 250gig each and that will give you 500gig of space with 16gigs of wicked fast cache. And if you short storke them at the sweet spot the heads wont move and its crazy fast, cheap and you a a good amount of space.

noun206
03-07-2013, 10:33 AM
All I want to do is play Crysis 3 and upcoming games in high or atleast close to high settings. I'm a hardcore gamer that's just getting into high def games from WoW lol I've been reading a lot of forums here on my break at work and after and I am planning to get (1) OCZ Vector 256BG SSD for OS, and a Western Digital HDD or SSH for storage. I have no photos, music, or videos, I'm trying to make this Notebook for gaming in the meantime while I save to make an ultimate PC way later on. I rate myself 4/5 on assembly, and 3/5 on knowledge (intermediate to pro not a vet) about knowing pc stuff. I learn a lot reading forums here and all the advice given, Thank you all.

Oh btw is it easy to install a Bigfoot Wireless to replace the stock one inside my G75? I've been reading and reading allover net parts are expensive and I want to make sure I'm spending on what I need for good price.

bignazpwns
03-08-2013, 04:50 AM
All I want to do is play Crysis 3 and upcoming games in high or atleast close to high settings. I'm a hardcore gamer that's just getting into high def games from WoW lol I've been reading a lot of forums here on my break at work and after and I am planning to get (1) OCZ Vector 256BG SSD for OS, and a Western Digital HDD or SSH for storage. I have no photos, music, or videos, I'm trying to make this Notebook for gaming in the meantime while I save to make an ultimate PC way later on. I rate myself 4/5 on assembly, and 3/5 on knowledge (intermediate to pro not a vet) about knowing pc stuff. I learn a lot reading forums here and all the advice given, Thank you all.

Oh btw is it easy to install a Bigfoot Wireless to replace the stock one inside my G75? I've been reading and reading allover net parts are expensive and I want to make sure I'm spending on what I need for good price.

Replacing the card is easy. You just have to remove a ton of screws and pull the kb and plamwrest off. Dont snap and clips or cables. It not to hard.

Keflin
03-09-2013, 01:25 AM
Greetings again Programs!

For those who are not yet aware of this: XOTIC PC has just made the ASUS G75-DS72 available; and it can be customized to your heart's delight. I'm salivating and chomping at the bit as I now build mine!

Keflin
03-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Thanks Big, I'll look into the Sager. I do need it to be mobile so I'll compare spec's, price, etc.

bignazpwns
03-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Greetings again Programs!

For those who are not yet aware of this: XOTIC PC has just made the ASUS G75-DS72 available; and it can be customized to your heart's delight. I'm salivating and chomping at the bit as I now build mine!

Sorry $650 over the base line model for some pretty weak upgrades that dont add any real power to it are not worth it. $1784 gets you a sager NP9170 with the same specs but also gives you a faster GTX 675MX. And for $2084 you get it with a GTX 680M. Sorry i'll take the faster system that's cheaper and has more features.

Williamtell
04-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Ordered my G75VX from Hidevolution. Many options including CPU, ram, hard drives, etc. Notebook working great! Only prob I have is the ROG backpack ordered was too small. (green) Sent message today and hope to resolve soon.

Moonburn
05-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi all,

These companies that make customized versions of the G75VX ship worldwide or only US or Canada ?

Regards,

MB

rewben
05-12-2013, 12:46 AM
@Moonburn, they should ship worldwide. it's best if you you chat with or write email to them to confirm that.

Shawnnepc
05-13-2013, 06:17 PM
@Moonburn, they should ship worldwide. it's best if you you chat with or write email to them to confirm that.

Unless there's some magical partner program I'm not aware of, each partner is banned from selling ASUS units outside their country.

rewben
05-14-2013, 02:50 AM
Unless there's some magical partner program I'm not aware of, each partner is banned from selling ASUS units outside their country.

some of our friends got their laptops from other countries (via online purchases; from custom VAR's; that's what i'm gonna do if i have to).

Prymaldark
05-14-2013, 08:28 AM
I ordered my G75VX from Amazon, and all the upgrades as well. I chose a model with the CPU and GPU desired, then bought a couple storage disks, a Blu-ray burner, an extra charger, and a few other extras. The upgrades cost much less if you install them yourself. I compared prices to the systems from XoticPC while researching, and ended up with a much better price upgrading it myself.

The G75 is AMAZING!!! I am so happy to have mine, and hope that you can get yours. Thanks to ASUS and ROG for making such a quality machine.

Shawnnepc
05-14-2013, 01:51 PM
some of our friends got their laptops from other countries (via online purchases; from custom VAR's; that's what i'm gonna do if i have to).

If you have the ability to purchase ASUS products in your country it's best to purchase there.

I'm not sure what the possible issues the end user might face if they attempt to get warranty service on a unit that wasn't purchased according to ASUS's terms.

rewben
05-14-2013, 03:23 PM
I ordered my G75VX from Amazon, and all the upgrades as well. I chose a model with the CPU and GPU desired, then bought a couple storage disks, a Blu-ray burner, an extra charger, and a few other extras. The upgrades cost much less if you install them yourself. I compared prices to the systems from XoticPC while researching, and ended up with a much better price upgrading it myself.

The G75 is AMAZING!!! I am so happy to have mine, and hope that you can get yours. Thanks to ASUS and ROG for making such a quality machine.

lucky you :) yeah figured it's cheaper to DIY; i just upgraded my cpu to 3820qm and did a thermal paste replacement for cpu and gpu myself. for a g55, when you take off the fans for more thorough cleaning, you will have to reapply thermal paste to both cpu and gpu.

If you have the ability to purchase ASUS products in your country it's best to purchase there.

I'm not sure what the possible issues the end user might face if they attempt to get warranty service on a unit that was purchased according to ASUS's terms.

i fully understand that. well that sure is the primary risk that i need to take if i purchase outside the country (i.e. self funded shipping for warranty :/)

Arif013
05-18-2013, 01:46 AM
Asus does NOT Cover modded parts. You have to go thru site u buy it from. I got mine from XoticPC G75VX so i kept it stock. in 2 years its getting the works. LOL