PDA

View Full Version : **SOLVED!** Wi-fi Problem on G75VX Windows 7 (plus fn+f9 problem, solved too)

BuLaXa
02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Hi everybody! just wanted to share the news with everybody, because I know that a lot of people had the same problem as I did...
After downgrading from Win8 to Win7 in my G75VX, it was impossible to find the right network adapter driver... that meant, no wi-fi! :/ but NOT ANYMORE!

Credits go to @rledge21 for sending me this link, which after months of LAN limitation, got my wireless working:

http://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC66/#support_Download_30

I sincerely hope this driver solves all of your problems, people...

Also, people were having trouble with the fn+f9 command (as I was).

Credits go to @cjonash for the solution: "I managed to get the fn+F9 to work by installing the touchpad driver from the supplied CD (it is the Win 8 version, but it also works for Win 7). I just run the install exe-file."

My fn+f9 didn't work either. Installed this driver, rebooted... et voilá! It works now. No more random clicks while writing...

as an asian woman driver would say: "good luck, everyone else!!" (*proceeds to turn 5 lanes in a row with no warning and without looking*)

JwPwns
02-28-2013, 05:10 PM
lol sounds like you didn't search hard enough for the drivers the first time

Pitcher@asus
03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
so, did you try on your laptop, is it work nornal?because asus have not provide win 7 driver.

BuLaXa
03-01-2013, 01:58 PM
so, did you try on your laptop, is it work nornal?because asus have not provide win 7 driver.

Yes. I tried this driver on my laptop and it worked.

This is part of the message that rledge21 sent me:

(...) Anyway, I got my wireless working and wanted to share my solution with you since I can't post on the forums currently. btw my device id is 43b1 - i couldnt view the image you posted with your device id, but perhaps it is similar. after a few hours of googling, i found out there is a WIFI card asus makes that uses the same broadcom chipset with the id 43b1, and that it has Win7 drivers. I downloaded them at the below link, and everything worked! best of luck!

http://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC...rt_Download_30

I didn't quite understand it, but the matter of fact is that the driver from that link worked.

Here is a picture. Tested the connection through wireless, it works.

theangry
03-28-2013, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=BuLaXa;232228]Hi everybody! just wanted to share the news with everybody, because I know that a lot of people had the same problem as I did...
After downgrading from Win8 to Win7 in my G75VX, it was impossible to find the right network adapter driver... that meant, no wi-fi! :/ but NOT ANYMORE!

Credits go to @rledge21 for sending me this link, which after months of LAN limitation, got my wireless working:

http://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC66/#support_Download_30

I sincerely hope this driver solves all of your problems, people...

Er.. new here... anyways, would that work on a VX model with b/g/n modem? i haven't had the chance to get the ASUS G75VX but already planning to. However, i feel like holding back due to the different WLAN that you and I would have. Please reply ._.'

theangry
03-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Sorry, new comer here...
So, my question is, does the wifi driver work for the b/g/n card? the one provided in the link? I plan on getting the laptop very soon and a bit skeptical of getting it since it has the wifi issue

UnAimed
03-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Sorry, new comer here...
So, my question is, does the wifi driver work for the b/g/n card? the one provided in the link? I plan on getting the laptop very soon and a bit skeptical of getting it since it has the wifi issue

It does Not have a wifi issue. The laptop came installed with windows 8 and there are only drivers for windows 8, he installed windows 7 thus because windows 8 is newer the drivers did not work properly on windows 7.

pm1694
06-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Can anyone advise how to install that wireless driver? There's no .exe and I can't do it through the device manager since the card doesn't show up there. Thanks for any help.

davefrombc
06-24-2013, 03:38 AM
PM: After you extract the drivers to a directory you can point to, look under your unknown devices, the card should be visible there.

Also, I had to reinstall the touchpad drivers twice to get the FN + F9 issue sorted, thanks for getting me going, forum!

robbswanson
01-27-2014, 11:55 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like that (substitute) driver works, but has speed issues. I used to have download speeds around 25MB, and now it won't get over 10MB download speed. I've checked other computers on my network, and it's not a bandwidth problem. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it the driver? Is it the card? Is it a setting that I'm missing? I've shut off all of the power issues, and have the computer running in High Performance energy mode. Thanks for any insight!!!

mirage3182
03-05-2014, 11:33 PM
I have the same problem with my noteboock, you link doesnt work

Clintlgm
03-06-2014, 12:07 AM
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29827-**SOLVED!**-Wi-fi-Problem-on-G75VX-Windows-7-(plus-fn-f9-problem-solved-too)&country=&status= the link works in the post.

BANDAID
07-20-2014, 10:32 AM
if you go to http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29983-Clean-Windows-7-on-Asus-G75VX-(Win8-pre-installed)

and use the link bjurn puts at the bottom to get drivers here

it asks you to first download AKAMI NET SESSION INTERFACE which then allows download of the PCE AC66 DRIVER

having the akami interface must put some executable link in some way into the driver...i dont know but i know when i tried to update the driver from a flash drive without the akami software downlaoaded it kept saying it could not read the driver...once i tried it with the akami software on my system it loaded first time..... but also note that the akami software may be involved in creating system hiss on audio so you might want to remove akami when wifi stable

Clintlgm
07-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Yes you should download your drivers from Asus Support Downloads (http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1) If you want the latest drivers that are not tested and approved by Asus, then go to the manufacture website and download the ones that are for your particular hardware. Remember you are installing drivers that have not be tested to work on your notebook and you may experience problems when you do roll back to the latest from the Asus Support Download. Always load drivers 1 at a time and check out you system to insure that driver is settled in and not causing any issues. Then go on to the next driver. Working this way you will save yourself a lot of aggravation and possible having to Clean install to get your system functioning correctly.

Usually some one on here will test new drivers and report how they are working. I usually wait until I see several people have tried out a new driver and non of them are having issues. Sometimes having the latest driver is not a good thing.

B-RAD
12-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Just Wanted to say thank you so much for this!! I have been held back from moving by this wire for awhile now. After installing and uninstalling driver after driver and 2 clean installs I stumbled across this thread finally. The post worked fine for me and the only brain fart I had was not having an exe file in the drivers folder after unzip. Witch is easily fixed by manually browsing for and installing the driver through device manager. Again thank you!

B-RAD
12-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Sorry I said "The post worked fine for me" when I meant the link in the first post worked fine for me. Drivers are installed and working great thanks again

fidelity101
12-29-2014, 02:53 AM
Is anyone else having speed issues? I downgraded my computer to windows 7 and these drivers were the only drivers I could get to work (thank you!) but 2.4ghz speeds are pathetic and 5ghz speeds are "ok" but I'm maxing out at 15mbps on speakeasy.net when I should be 50mbps. It also takes about 30-45 seconds to start the test...which started instantly before I downgraded. I'd love to get this working again if anyone has fixed the "slow" issue.