PDA

View Full Version : G74SX runs loud and vibrates near hard drive.

TheBlackShogun
02-28-2013, 09:01 PM
It just started happening today. And it isn't because of my processing percentage because It's always happening. I checked the temperatures and they're at 55 Celsius for my CPU, 55 C for my Video card and 34C for my hard disk. However, it rises, and usually stops around 67 Celsius for my CPU and Video Card, with a maximum of 40 C for my Hard Disk.

I really don't know what's going on. I don't have the time to send it in for repairs, so I"m looking for a manual hands on solution. ASAP. Thank you.

TheBlackShogun
02-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Now that I think of it, I think that it would be overheating or a problem with the fans. But still does anyone have a solution?

chunli
02-28-2013, 10:55 PM
My boyfriends G74sx started doing that too so he had to RMA it. He's sent it in twice now for the same issue but after the first time, ASUS stated that it was the fan.

TheBlackShogun
02-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Could I have someone else, like a retailer, repair my fans though?

chunli
02-28-2013, 11:04 PM
I honestly don't see why not unless they repair/replace parts with 3rd party parts, then it would void the Asus warranty (if you still have it).

TheBlackShogun
03-01-2013, 01:27 AM
If I were to open my laptop completely to see what the issue was, then would it also void my warranty?

Pitcher@asus
03-01-2013, 02:25 AM
i think you will check HDD is plug complete, it will not void warranty, you also can clean cooling system and check it install is normal or not.

Boosted_R
03-01-2013, 03:22 AM
Doesn't sound like fans, if you say its near the HDD. Only thing that would really be loud and vibrate is the ODD.... see if its running all the time. 55C is high if that's idle, you should clean the fins..... If its under warranty, don't waste time and RMA it..... When I opened mine their was only a seal on the CPU which was already broken (bought new from Amazon BTW). Easy to open up but the keyboard connectors have a horrible design and you may have issues with it, or even damage it..... Let ASUS deal with it

TheBlackShogun
03-01-2013, 10:12 PM
But you see, that's the problem. I don't have time to send it in to ASUS to RMA it. So you're saying that it's probably something with my fans. Will using a Air Spray fix that?