PDA

View Full Version : Can I swap the axes of the touchpad on a G55?

Dan-in-TX
03-05-2013, 05:14 AM
G55VW with Elantech touchpad. I'd like to swap the scrolling axes so the screen moves the direction I'm swiping, instead of the opposite. I was able to do this in my dual-booted Ubuntu install by installing "Natural Scrolling", but I can't find a Windows 8 equivalent (or my Google-fu is weak).

Any pointers on how to accomplish this? I'm not afraid of editing the registry if that what it takes.

Pitcher@asus
03-05-2013, 07:33 AM
what is link for Elantech Natural Scrolling tool for win 7?

Zygomorphic
03-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I don't know that you can in Windows. You can try looking in the Windows Control Panel about the mouse settings, but I am not sure that you can do it even there. Otherwise, check the driver for the touchpad (That way your external mouse scrolls the way you expect).

cl-Albert
03-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Hi,

It may not help, but if you don't have the latest Win8 G55VW touchpad driver, click on this link (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G55VW&p=3&s=397) for the ASUS download page which has the Elantech Touchpad driver Version V11.5.0.9 listed.

I'm not sure if it's available for the G55VW, but a lot of our Win8 notebooks come with the 'Smart Gesture' software to provide some (but not all) of those touchpad settings.
Under the desktop, check your taskbar by the time and date for a touchpad icon and double-left click if you have it to open the ASUS Smart Gesture interface. I didn't notice a way to swap the touchpad scrolling axes although the webpages scroll the direction when swiping with 2 fingers on a different notebook model using this software, so hopefully it's available for yours too.

Good luck and hope this helps!